Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Stadium Move

Pretty Vacant

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Good question!

Part - if not most - of my concern is that we do NOT have our own football stadium. It will neither be our own, nor a football stadium.

Wrong - we would lease it from Enfield Council - exactly the position that EFC were in at Southbury Road

Originally Posted By: andyetfc

Incidentally, at the last Town, Chase and Southbury Forum, a Council officer said that The Council had not planned for any evening activities at the stadium.

So why had the council not planned for any evening activities?
I would assume that athletes wanting to train would have used the track of an evening due to work commitments etc, in saying this the council would have spent all this money improving the track and stadium for a few kids to use for there school sports days which are held for a few weeks in June time.....hardly money well spent if that had been the case!!

I dont think we can knock the council for wanting to make xtra use of the delapidated stadium, specially as they have a desperate but able group to run the grounds. Any money spent on sport is welcome and i'm all for it, although like everyone else I'd prefer not to have a track there.

One area I will criticise the council is if they are not flexible in embracing ETFC ideas of a roll on roll off seating area and stands that allows us to be closer to the pitch thus creating the good old footy atmosphere.

Additionally, if the Town are to run the site as we will be doing they will also need freedom to be as commercial as possible, it would be incomprehendible to think that we wont be allowed a bar, clubhouse, function room, club shop, tea/choco bar plus a jets corner etc, otherwise the council will not be serious partners.

I think we have bent left and right to accept new proposals, but it'll take two for an excellent marriage.

Originally Posted By: Father Jack
There will be, I assume, a meeting to supply some answers soon. It would be unrealistic to expect answers on this forum

Well said my friend, the enthusiasm in the q's are good, but we've only just received the committment from the council, so let the board have their meeting b4 they call in the members for debate/discussion and approval. Its a very nice time.

Back to the council, and funding promised for the QEII redevelopment.

UKP 1.2m will not go very far, especially if nearly half is earmarked for replacing the track. The main building is listed, which will drive up refurbishment costs. Anybody have any idea what the minimum requirements are for the stadium to meet relevant league requirements?

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
As far as i'm aware,a club can only recieve one grant from the Football foundation.Which we have already recieved to pay for the stands at Brimo.
so is that why you want us to pitch in with you lot then eh mate ?

Originally Posted By: Man From Mars
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
As far as i'm aware,a club can only recieve one grant from the Football foundation.Which we have already recieved to pay for the stands at Brimo.
so is that why you want us to pitch in with you lot then eh mate ?

we knew that your jealous green eyes would be all over this thread!!!