Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harefield United....

One of the most enjoyable days at a football match in a long time last Saturday when I saw Harefield for the third time this season. United played with a width and freedom against Holmer Green that I haven't seen at this level of football for years, infact I can't ever remember a team at this level using the pitch as well as Harefield did. And the sun shone....briefly. Proper football for

Originally Posted By: Kaiser Jnr
What they like? Spartan League Champions

Who are there best players? Just getting used to their names

What formation do they play? I ain't no expert, 4-5-1? 4-1-5?

Whats their ground like? Neat, tidy, couple of penalty spots, that kinda thing

What colour do they play in? Red, Black, Black

What colour are there nets? Off white

What beers do they sell in the bar? Just had tea on our visits...Typhoo I think

Tell, Tell, Tell grin

Kaiser Jnr - Here's a report from when we lost 8-1 at Preston Park recently, when Harefield United are good they're very good but when they're bad they're horid:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=46676&conf=&div=

Anyway, I hope once the mighty Harefield have won the league this season promotion to the Isthmian League is guaranteed. Their facilities are as good as some grounds I went to in Edgware Town's last season in the Isthmian League so it really shouldn't be a problem.

I suppose it depends on the ambitions of the owners of the Club....finances etc.... but if they did manage to get into the higher league I could really find myself with a surrogate club to follow. It's difficult to 'find' another club once yours has gone but maybe this is the one for now. It's only a bike ride away as well.

Harefield United, Champions of the Spartan League 2008-2009.

Up The Hares and Up Yours, Sammy 'when you smile the whole world smiles with you' Smiles

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles

I suppose it depends on the ambitions of the owners of the Club....

Samuelsmiles - You've hit the nail on the head here, the owners don't want promotion to Step 4 or at least they didn't in 2006/2007 when Edgware Town won the league, they didn't put their name forward for promotion.

Guys... can't beleive you're giving a team from another league information about one of 'our' sides before a match!! Can a mod please remove this thread laugh

Originally Posted By: Kaiser Jnr
Hahahaha eat sh*t and die NeutralFan grin

Thanks for the replies fellas. Great detail from samuelsmiles. Love your work. bow

Ah bugger, did I say Harefield play with great width? I didn't mean that, what I meant to say was they play a really narrow game right down the middle, that's it, right down the middle of the pitch....no width, yeah that's what I meant. grin

Up the Hares and Up yours. Samuel 'your man on the spot for all the hot south-west Herts news and opinion' Smiles

Originally Posted By: GRS67

Ahh Browndog you are such a charming fellow NOT, enjoy next season in the SSML when your team Harefield again fail to win promotion, then again your club secretary will prob lose the forms and apply for promotion in May 2008! such is the two bit club that you play for!

Samuelsmiles - I would give careful consideration if I were you before getting involved with Harefield United, Gavin is no bad judge and this was a post he made towards the end of the 2006/2007 season. There is something not quite right about the way the Club are administered and their ambition has been brought into question on many occasions.

Having given it plenty of thought, i've decided that I had a really enjoyable day at Harefield with my brother last week and will probably go to the game tomorrow at Welwyn. I'm also sure the sun will shine and the football will be beautiful.

Up the Hares and Up Yours, Samuel 'never mind the width, just feel the quality' Smiles

Originally Posted By: browndog

nibble nibble fat boy! You're team wont even invite you to the final because A) You wont fit on the coach B) your an embarresment and C)your mummy wont let you cross the road let alone go to Harefield!!

Samuelsmiles - Okay try this post for size then, again made towards the end of Edgware's heralded treble winning season, by arguably the most despised poster ever to 'grace' this Forum with his presence. I understand that he is still at Preston Park so do you want to be associated with his sort.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: browndog

nibble nibble fat boy! You're team wont even invite you to the final because A) You wont fit on the coach B) your an embarresment and C)your mummy wont let you cross the road let alone go to Harefield!!

Samuelsmiles - Okay try this post for size then, again made towards the end of Edgware's heralded treble winning season, by arguably the most despised poster ever to 'grace' this Forum with his presence. I understand that he is still at Preston Park so do you want to be associated with his sort.

Jeez, thanks for pointing this out to me, I never knew what a bunch of scoundrels they were. Tell me please, who should I be supporting this season. I'm really at a loss now I can't go to Harefield.

Up the Hares and Up Yours, Samuel 'the long and whining rhodes' Smiles grin

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles

Other stuff about Harefield and the game.

Superb pitch
Excellent officials (Contrary to what the Holmer Green site said, they were not overly fussy)
Nice cuppa
Good weather
Quiet support

Samuelsmiles - Don't get me wrong as I have nothing personal against Harefield United but something doesn't seem quite right when you visit Preston Park and you sum it up above when you say 'quiet support'. If Arsenal is 'the library' then Harefield must be 'the morgue' and, despite the excellent facilities, you have to question their ambition and will to advance up the pyramid.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
[/quote

Samuelsmiles - I would give careful consideration if I were you before getting involved with Harefield United, Gavin is no bad judge and this was a post he made towards the end of the 2006/2007 season. There is something not quite right about the way the Club are administered and their ambition has been brought into question on many occasions mainly by me .

The Harefield chairman was most interested to hear about the coments you have been making on this forum about his club Rhodes.

Manorborn - Why doesn't he or someone from the Club come on and rebut the comments then.

Is it possible to have a conversation on this forum without it being poisoned by certain members. I'm just interested to know because last week I was banned for making a comment which, in my opinion, wasn't offensive or rude. A little too close to home maybe, but in no way offensive.

I replied to the first post in this thread and tried desperately not to rise to the baiting but eventually have cracked because the star of the show has now made more inflammatry and possibly libelous comments....again. Will he be banned? Nah.

I guess not, the usual gang will now get together behind their man and defend him to the hilt. Well here is yet another thread that has now turned into a slanging match, what a surprise eh.

Up the Hares, Up the 'Wares and Up Yours.

ps.I hope the steering committee has a productive afternoon.

Samuel 'three wheels on my wagon' Smiles