Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harefield United....

Eh? The long serving and at times suffering Stones supporters are generally generous, genuine, funny and decent folk. Well, the ones I know are. At Bigg Town we have a framed signed Wealdstone shirt proudly displayed on a wall in The Boardroom.

I have a lot of time for them and I'm chuffed that they have finally got a home they can call a home (even if it isn't in the Borough of Harrow).

Originally Posted By: Wader

I have a lot of time for them and I'm chuffed that they have finally got a home they can call a home (even if it isn't in the Borough of Harrow).

Even at the expense of Ruislip Manor, Lato, Spidermanor and Manorborn won't be impressed when they read that!

Obtusely, and I know you're not thick, so quite deliberately then you continue to ignore the fact that Ruislip were on the brink of going under. Wealdstone's arrival actually kept them going till the end of the season.

If there hadn't have been a Wealdstone on the scene it may have been someone else and in any event the ground's future as a football venue itself could possibly have been at risk.

Seeing an empty derelect venue is surely not better than seeing it utilised by a non-league club who can afford to run it, whoever they may be?

Samuelsmiles might be interested in the Welwyn Garden City v Harefield United match report from the Welwyn & Hatfield Times seeing how he diverted to Wealdstone at the last minute last Saturday:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/sport/default.aspx

I said I wouldn't post again but I need to keep the Harefield thread going....in the words of Ringo Starr, "peace and love, peace and love"

Another greatly entertaining day spent in the sunshine at Harefield with my brother as the Hares marched (March Hares....get it?) all over Aylesbury Vale to win 3-1.

After my compliments from the game against Holmer Green, there was more stunning passing football in this game that gave Harefield an unsurmountable 3-0 first half lead, and although the second half wasn't as fluid, they did still play some top drawer football.

One move on the right involved 4 or 5 lightning quick passes and then a dummy that had me looking for the ball where it wasn't and I had to ask my brother what had happened. David Blaine.....?Nah, come to Harefield.

The Hares opened the scoring with a penalty, and then went 2-0 up with an absolute belter from the man of the match, number 6, who collected the ball 40 yards out on the left, danced like Austin Healey past a couple of defenders and kaboombed the ball into the top right hand corner of the net. Goooooooaaaal!!

I'm really going to have to learn the names of the players, but the number 6 on the left (wing back? left winger?.... I dunno) got forward to put in some superbly angled crosses and looked as comfortable on the ball as anyone I have seen in non-league football. An absolute joy to watch.

For me, this team plays football how it is supposed to be played, with freedom, with width, with speed, with style and with a smile. It doesn't always work, but when it does (most of the time) it just makes you want to go back and watch more.

I had a brief chat with the coach of Harefield at the game today, and he did confirm that they would be applying for a place in the Isthmian League if they did win the championship. I can't wait to see this team getting stuck into some of those bigger clubs.

Up The Hares, Up the Wares and Up Yours, Samuel 'out of intensive care and doing just fine' Smiles

MB, Spider and myself were also at this game today. Agree the Hares played well in the first half with number six (Craig Totton) and number nine (ex Manor player Ben Cowen) looked particularly sharp. Second half though, Aylesbury Vale came into it a bit more with the number fourteen causing problems (why wasn't he playing from the start). They got one back with an own goal and another might have made it interesting as even at 3-1 the Hares looked jittery. However right result in the end overall. Harefield are certainly a good team and they do play good football (the excellent playing surface helps)

Samuelsmiles - Did you not spot Lato, Spidermanor and Manorborn, they would have stood out like a sore thumb particularly Spidermanor with his trendy pony tail and baseball cap.

Good evening Rhodes. No, although I'm sure Spidermanor looked fine and dandy sporting his ponytail and baseball cap, I was just a little more interested in the football rather than the fashion show. I'll be sure to keep a keen eye out next time though.

Up the Hares and Up Yours, Samuel 'get some manors' Smiles

Hollie - To be honest I find them really silly and childish and I think they say a lot about Samuelsmiles character. It will be interesting to see whether he stands up to be counted and comes over to Edgware FC next season when the new Club is formed, if he does then he will go up in my estimation and we may even be prepared to offer him a position on the administrative side.

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking but Hollie and Bitch are women so let them have their fun