Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harefield United....

Afraid not Mrs Keeps, I don't drink, doctors orders I'm afraid. Chardonnay is okay for the odd black fly I suppose.

Now, back to Cliffords latent tendancies I think. Care to confirm or deny Cliffy? Be careful, a full on protestation may be damning. wink

Originally Posted By: loosely

Nature or nurture much more important in determining values and personality traits than outmoded concepts of class. Oh yes, we've got our Cliffords number alright.

Loosely - You really are an oddball with the things you come out with and only somebody with middle class values would use the sort of terminology that you do. I get the distinct impression that you are a decent enough bloke but football isn't really your bag at the end of the day and you just like the kick and ego trip of being involved at the sharp end of a football club and 'the boardroom culture' although there won't be too many boardrooms, if any, at the grounds you will be visiting this season.

So thats an avoidance then is it Cliffy? We'll read into that what we may perhaps.

Pretty obvious really, I can't have been the first person on here to spot it.

Cheery bye for now Cliffy xx

Have you ever tried a glass of chardonnay NF? Are you in fact middle class, masquerading as a football fan?

J'Accuse!

I had a few glasses yesterday, was sampling various wines to select for the wedding! (Went for the Gavi though)

You'll be telling us you read the Daily Mail next.

That you join others in secret black masses celebrating Maggie Thatchers birthday.

Stand by to be expelled by the Rhodes Inquisition, Ooo, watch out for that sharp pointy thing, no not Cliffords wit.

Not anymore, I had to give it up when I moved out of Hoddesdon... the new locals insist on the Guardian!

Not self funding you just have outdated information,and maybe somebody else is getting all the info you mentioned.

The plans for the new stadium to be built in 2011 will be on the new updated web site shortly.

I know you cant wait to see them.

But dont worry we will muddle by without your help.

Originally Posted By: neutralbob

rhodes, did Tokyngton manor play Beaconsfield firsts? what was the score?

Neutralbob - Yes very much so and they only beat us narrowly, after the game we caught them trying to tap up a number of our players in the bar. Here is a brief report from another thread:

Tokyngton Manor 1 Beaconsfield SYCOB 2 - A superb display from a makeshift Tokyngton Manor side missing a number of key players and bearing in mind Harefield United lost 5-1 at home to Beaconsfield on Saturday. The visitors started like a house on fire and when they took the lead on 15 minutes the writing looked to be on the wall however Tokyngton didn't lie down and equalised shortly before the break. Following the interval Tokyngton enjoyed the lions share of play and may well have taken the lead on a number of occasions however it was Beaconsfield who scored a late and undeserved winner.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: neutralbob

rhodes, did Tokyngton manor play Beaconsfield firsts? what was the score?

Neutralbob - Yes very much so and they only beat us narrowly, after the game we caught them trying to tap up a number of our players in the bar. Here is a brief report from another thread:

Tokyngton Manor 1 Beaconsfield SYCOB 2 - A superb display from a makeshift Tokyngton Manor side missing a number of key players and bearing in mind Harefield United lost 5-1 at home to Beaconsfield on Saturday. The visitors started like a house on fire and when they took the lead on 15 minutes the writing looked to be on the wall however Tokyngton didn't lie down and equalised shortly before the break. Following the interval Tokyngton enjoyed the lions share of play and may well have taken the lead on a number of occasions however it was Beaconsfield who scored a late and undeserved winner.

It comes to something when you have to quote yourself, making sure not to mention that fact, in order to make a point!

Yes, Clifford, you really should copy the post link in future just in case readers get the mistaken impression that it is not your own very rose tinted remarks.

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthrea...tml#Post1585152

Originally Posted By: sjj2112

It comes to something when you have to quote yourself, making sure not to mention that fact, in order to make a point!

I thought everyone knew that I had penned that brief report, why on earth would I want to make a point, a point about what

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: sjj2112

I thought everyone knew that I had penned that brief report, why on earth would I want to make a point, a point about what

Such arrogance, are you sure you haven't been on the chardonnay Cliffy, bit squiffy and middle classed already?

Simple netiquette Rhodesy, even a forum bore like you should know that you link when quoting your own posts. Bad form old chap.

Taken from 'Who Will Win' thread

Sydney, dear chap.

Much obliged to you for dispatching the sherry so swiftly to Daphne and myself at Harefield Manor. The drink was, however, of a rather disappointing vintage so i'll retain it for my staff when they have their Christmas gathering.

Your intentions were, i'm sure, honourable, however I do understand the financial limitations presently in Essex. It must be somewhat difficult for you.

Sydney, as an aside, there's some riff-raff on the Harefield thread currently talking some dreadful, dreadful nonsense. It's all rather unseemly, and I would be most grateful if you would be a decent fellow and tell them all to be buggering off.

Yours, Smiles.

Well there you go everyone, you heard him BUGGER OFF !

Leave the poor little Hares alone.

That good enough for you Samuel ?

Samuel, one really would advise the utmost caution and urge that you keep the closest of eyes on your chattels, Daphne and your daughters when inviting Sydney to enjoy your hospitality. Once those fateful words "Make yourself at home" are uttered, dearest Sydney has been known to make a frightful pig of himself.