Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harefield United....

Rhodes, you of all people must know by now that if you try to discuss football you just get shot down by others, for your views. Do you class what people wear or eat or drink, at matches, as being football issues? They are about as related as the signature of a Football Forum member. Tut tut on your sexist remark.

Wolfie, as a 'new' person on this forum, don't you think you should read all the threads, before commenting on what is or is not discussed. You will find that about 10% is about football and the rest is people trying to have a go at Rhodes! Myself and Bitch tried to inject a bit of light relief into the Forum, how sad that even that has been tarnished. Welcome to the Forum, Wolfie, it looks like you will fit in well here!

Originally Posted By: Wader
Eh? The long serving and at times suffering Stones supporters are generally generous, genuine, funny and decent folk. Well, the ones I know are. At Bigg Town we have a framed signed Wealdstone shirt proudly displayed on a wall in The Boardroom.
I have a lot of time for them and I'm chuffed that they have finally got a home they can call a home (even if it isn't in the Borough of Harrow).

Have you found the 'original' missing shirt yet Wader?

Biggleswade United must be hopping mad tonight after the mighty Hares maintained their top position despite going down to ten men midway through the second half.

Playing on a hard and uneven pitch in a strong wind didn't help the passing game that Harefield like to play, but they managed to earn a hard fought three points, and me

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles
and me

That's a bit below the belt isn't it, I've offered to buy you a pint on a number of occasions but you've refused. Were you at Watford on Saturday, I heard you gave Wolves a run for their money but the penalty miss was a turning point.

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke

I think that's concrete proof, if anyone ever needed it duck

I can see Samuelsmiles post but not his link, if indeed it is concrete proof then I will happily let him have the

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke

I think that's concrete proof, if anyone ever needed it duck

I can see Samuelsmiles post but not his link, if indeed it is concrete proof then I will happily let him have the

Yes but what connection does Samuelsmiles have with Harefield United at the end of the day, Edgware FC would have been the perfect vehicle for him following the demise of Edgware Town however he has refused point blank to associate himself with the new Club which I find odd.

Hi Cliff, there's no connection at all. I'm just enjoying the football they play so much at the moment that I keep going back for more. The ground is close to me, I enjoy the atmosphere at the Club.......everything, me and my brother just really look forward to the next game at the moment.

Until Edgware Town return I'll continue to watch them play home, and as much as possible away.

Up the Hares and Up Yours, Samuel 'hares lookin' at you kid' Smiles. grin

Something I've just remembered about Saturday's game, which I think sums up what non-league football represents, was a very vocal Biggleswade United supporter.

All of us supporters were huddled under the only covered stand in the ground and it made for a surprisingly good atmosphere despite there being only about 40 fans at the game.

The 'Big' fan was so vocal with his encouragement of his team that I think some of the away fans who weren't used to his solo performances found it a bit irritating. Mr 'Big' took all the banter in good heart though and smiled all the way through.

Not once did he swear or rise to a couple of comments subtly asking him to 'put a sock in it.' He just kept his focus on encouraging his team, that's all he wanted to do, to see his team do well.

Near to the end of the game 'Mr Big' wandered around to behind one of the goals and at the final whistle began to take the nets down to pack away. What a top bloke.

I know it's not much of a story, but for me, this is what proper football is all about. People with a passion for their club and the game, who go quietly about their business, not looking for plaudits or financial reward.

At times we all moan about the Premier League and the money not filtering down to these sorts of clubs, but right now I'm thinking they can stuff their money and leave these little clubs alone.

Samuelsmiles - You seem fairly new to the SSML scene and, with respect, a little wet behind the ears however when Edgware Town were in the League only two seasons ago in 2006/2007 surely you travelled to the majority of the grounds or, failing that, saw the teams such as Biggleswade United and Harefield United at the White Lion, I know that Gavin went to most of the games that season home and away.

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles

It's probably just me, but I find something really reassuring about run down grounds held together by tie-wrap and enthusiasm. Clubhouses with 5 people in them and not decorated since the 1970's should surely depress you, but they make me feel good.

I get what you mean. Try Crockenhill FC one day. Absolutely love it. Shame there's not a pic of thier 'clubhouse' in the gallery. I thought i was entering a stable, but once through the door...

http://www.crockenhillfc.co.uk/gallery.html