Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Not good enough

"Following their fifth consecutive defeat in the league, Daish said his players would have to address the fundamentals of the game.

"I keep saying it, but [it's] basics - we're not doing those well enough.

"Basic defending, basic heading of the ball, basic clearing, being on the move in both boxes - it's something we've got to iron out and work on."

Some further tips from the HG coaching manual.

1.Full backs or midfielders to drop short when Lance has the ball in hand.

2. Lance throws the ball out accurately to Fleet player, keeping possession.

3. Select another Fleet player who is looking at you - preferably one within 25 yards.

4 Using the instep, pass the ball neatly to him, allowing the ball contact on Peter Norton's superb playing surface.

5 Move into position where the recipient of accurate pass is given choices of whom to pass to next.

4 Continue thus until the ball is within striking range of goal.

Then shoot.

Or carry on as before,

Lance tries to score with direct punts.

or Fleet defenders aim at opposition centre halves.

Midfielders require treatment for sore necks staring up into the sky, as ball sails far overhead.

Ball requires treatment on several occasions as a result of taking a severe kicking.

goodnight.

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Goodnight Gary.

One year ago today was lost at home to FGR, we went on to do great things, Daish and the boys turned it around.

Have faith.

Morning Paul.
i still have faith.
We have arguably the most talented squad ever assembled at Fleet.
On paper good enough for a play off place.
That is still being touted on the MYFC home page.
There have been a few players in the past who were individually better (Burrett, Smelt, Brown, Woon, Jackson, Portway, Cotter, Bostock) but they usually played in weak teams so stood out.
Now we have no obvious star players, which should be helping the cause, and enhancing team spirit and morale.
If we could get the confidence and tactics right, and turn abilty on paper into performance on the pitch, that would certainly appease the fans and members.
It looks like a play off place if almost out of reach now, let us hope for a massive run in the FA cup.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
"Following their fifth consecutive defeat in the league, Daish said his players would have to address the fundamentals of the game.

"I keep saying it, but [it's] basics - we're not doing those well enough.

"Basic defending, basic heading of the ball, basic clearing, being on the move in both boxes - it's something we've got to iron out and work on."

Some further tips from the HG coaching manual.
1.Full backs or midfielders to drop short when Lance has the ball in hand.
2. Lance throws the ball out accurately to Fleet player, keeping possession.
3. Select another Fleet player who is looking at you - preferably one within 25 yards.
4 Using the instep, pass the ball neatly to him, allowing the ball contact on Peter Norton's superb playing surface.
5 Move into position where the recipient of accurate pass is given choices of whom to pass to next.
4 Continue thus until the ball is within striking range of goal.
Then shoot.

Or carry on as before,
Lance tries to score with direct punts.
or Fleet defenders aim at opposition centre halves.
Midfielders require treatment for sore necks staring up into the sky, as ball sails far overhead.
Ball requires treatment on several occasions as a result of taking a severe kicking.
goodnight.

Morning HG.

Just to add a couple of things to the above :-

1. Remember to concentrate for the whole of the first half - i.e. 45 minutes plus added time
2. Remember to concentrate for the whole of the second half - i.e.45 minutes plus added time

That way it is hoped that we should reduce the number of times that opposing teams score, at either end of each half!

I wasn't really thinking about that incident, Bernard. More about the general "ganging up and surrounding" the referee which I have seen a couple of times, and the backchat.

Whilst there have been occaisions I would have gladly decked a ref (particularly Hopkins) the boys must learn that arguing only antagonises refs and makes things worse.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Call me a pessimist if you like, but we are 10 points adrift from a play off spot, and would have to overtake the likes of Kiddies, Wrexham, Cambridge and Satanage just to get into 5th spot.
It would need a remarkable run to achieve that - we are simply too inconsistant to do that.

Unfortunately, I fear that you may be right Gary.

Given that a play off spot will require something north of 80 points, that means we need at least another 60.

That equates to winning 20 of our remaining 29 games. The good form and run of wins needs to start soon otherwise this equation becomes nigh on impossible

One factor as well - MYFC are still proclaiming on the website this:-

"This season, members are aiming for another first by guiding Ebbsfleet United into the Football League for the first time in its history. You can join the members today and be part of what will be a thrilling 08/09 campaign."

It is going to need something special in the FA cup or another Trophy final to boost renewal of membership.

The league form simply isn't going to convince the 30,000, since their money hadn't really filtered down to the team by the time of last year's final.

This season's team is the result - a record playing budget, a record signing in Gash, and football certainly no more attractive or effective than in the league last year.