Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mike Smee

the_wise_one

I am not part of any circle but made the same enquiries as Arky after reading the top post. I did not make those enquiries of Mike but received information amounting to the same thing. I could not believe the first post as I saw Mike and spoke to him at the Aveley game. He was unhappy about the umbrella that Arky sold him, and I dont blame him, but I didn't think that was a reason for leaving and so was surprised to read just 11 days later that he had left.

I did not post on here because I have no wish to spread or join in a discussion with people who just cant open their mouths and ask. I have always found board members to be forthcoming - but there again I dont demand confidential information. If a board member cannot tell me something because of a confidential aspect I accept that. It is a pity that others do not.

i agree Steph...

I didn't even bother to ask as I knew that I would be told in one of my many conversations with people.... if there ws anything to be told that is.....

And no - I am not part of any circle these days as I have too much to do for Shortwood or keeping the stats up to date.

Originally Posted By: Steph
.....I did not post on here because I have no wish to spread or join in a discussion with people who just cant open their mouths and ask.....

So what are you doing now then? confused2

Originally Posted By: Steph
.....I have always found board members to be forthcoming.....

So have I, but then again Im not aware of anyone on this thread, that now has more than 100 posts, doubting that either, why you feel the need to put a negative slant between certain members of this forum & the directors is very puzzling.

View the original post on this thread again then you will understand why "SUPPORTERS", and we are all equal, although some seem to think they are better & bigger than others, have asked the questions they have & if a couple of lines either on the website or in the programme had been made by the club on the situation the this thread would have been dead after a couple of postings.

What are fans suppose to think when they turn up at games & find someone diffrent in the dugout every few games? seek out & find a director?

Originally Posted By: Jim Cunneen
.... if there ws anything to be told that is.....

Well clearly there was Jim, as our first team coach has gone on a sebatical.

Im sure if Pat Rice suddenly disapeared from the Arsenal dugout, the club would make a statement.

Also knowing certain supporters who you liaise with, I would guess one of those was the same person who told me what they knew when I was at the East Thurrock game, and it differs slightly from what has been stated recently on this thread.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Do supporters ask for apologies from players who we are told are good, turning out for the Town, leaving after just one or two games because they aren't?

I agree totally with JC & Steph.

Andy-It's a bit naive not to expect players to come and go at our level. Players can come saying they've done this and done that (i.e Rio), they look reasonably-very good in a training game, but when put to the sword fall short. It happens alot, the terminology of mud balls come to mind, we sometimes have to throw 30 mudballs on a wall for 3 to stick, for example that is not fact.

You only need to look at the FC United website, read the latest managers comments, he states he is pleased with his teams league position and performances (mid-table and lost 7-8 games already) and is looking at many imminent possible signings to bolster a charge up the table. This is a club that gets bigger attendences than the top clubs in the conference, but are playing two leagues below.

Players will come and go in the effort to try and improve the starting XI and depth of a squad, thats football.

Positive thing is Stewart is a competent fella putting in loads of effort to succeed, and to be fair, we have improved from the dreadful start. He faces a big challenge without Remy and Crace for the next few weeks, but ironically the defence has been improved of late. The next 3 games will tell us how close we will get to a play off spot.

See you later at Potters Bar if your about?

Originally Posted By: Jim Cunneen
i agree Steph...

I didn't even bother to ask as I knew that I would be told in one of my many conversations with people.... if there ws anything to be told that is.....
And no - I am not part of any circle these days as I have too much to do for Shortwood or keeping the stats up to date.

To be fair Jim.Unlike yourself,some of us don't have the phone numbers of 'people in the know' at the club.So HAVE to try to find out information on this forum.

Quote:
Positive thing is Stewart is a competent fella putting in loads of effort to succeed, and to be fair, we have improved from the dreadful start.

But we haven't improved in the league table since last year.A position in the league that resulted in JC being sacked.But yes,things have certainly improved a bit over the last month or so.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
You really are a Saddo Gazza, he's simply not involved with the First Team at the moment, he just wants a break from it ok? nothing more Sinister than that. flame seeno

Err..... who claimed or said there was anything more sinister?

A three line post by Arky told everyone on here what they had been asking, shame that evidently those who claimed to already have known this couldnt bring themselves to share it.

So who really are the sinister ones amongst us? and who are the real saddo's? I think that's quite clear now isnt it!

You still are the BIGGEST SADDO. I did not tell you because I did not think it was my place to do so ok ?

duel

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
.....I did not tell you because I did not think it was my place to do so ok?

Priceless! evil

Still cant see the wood for the trees huh? Oh well no more than I expected really! evil

You need to get out more Gazza crazy2

Oh and can we finish this thread now pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze?