Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Crewe 1 - Ebbsfleet 0

Ding

Originally Posted By: Ding
We was robbed!

We played some of the best football I've seen for a while.

From on board one of the supporters coaches.

We were superrb today and can not any more proud of the team. Crewe need to thank the ref for some poor decisions. He handed the game to them.

Yet another poor ref, i didn't have the greatest view of the penalty incident but from the appeal that went up i assume it was a good shout? First half we were very good, kezie was very unlucky not to get a goal for his shot that was well saved by the keeper. Two questionable decisions managerial wise for me though. Starting with Purcell? First half especially he did seem to lose the ball quite a bit or take it on one touch too many, but he will only learn with experience. The other questionable decision was subbing Ibe off. I thought he looked our most dangerous forward, and personally would just done a straight swap between him and Purcell, but then im not the manager...

what a change it makes when we dont hoof the ball upfield at every opportunity, we looked like the league side for much of the game, did everything but score, shame Luke wasn't fit as he would have made a world of difference.

Wont be backing Crewe on the fixed odds coupon...... certs for relegation i think

Looked a penalty from where I was. We were excellent in the first half but again for all our possession in the second, we lacked any real chances in the box. We had a couple of half-chances but I think with a more orthodox centre forward, we'd have nicked at least a draw.

just got home oh my god we were so unlucky we just could not get that equalizer.what fanstastic support we had it was brilliant.

how refreshing to play most of the game passing the ball on the floor and that against a league side.it shows we can do it.

i thought our defence was brilliant today really strong.

i walked away sad at the end but one part of me was happy because the fleet had played some good football which gives us hope for the forth coming games

hope everyone got home safely and is not too down

Crewe fan here. You were unlucky, played us off the park.

Doesn't say much - we have the most inept manager seen in football.

You should have had a penalty first half, we should have second half so ref didn't cost you. Moreover, it was a goalscorer - you didn't have anyone to get on the end of your moves.

Disappointed in your support - thought more of your owners could have turned up. As you could probably see, we have big problems, hence a lot of our support was anti-manager/board.

Good luck for rest of season.

Originally Posted By: alexbarmy

Disappointed in your support - thought more of your owners could have turned up.

Thought that was a good turnout by us - and Crewe in fairness wasn't the best draw! Don't be fooled by the "30,000 owners" tag - we get a fair loyal few bolstering the away support but nothing like those numbers.

Our support is split at present. This was a week when our chairman said fans were protesting against management/board for fun - yes, he said it was for fun. Therefore, hitting them where it hurts (in the pocket) is seen as a better option.

Due to 4 years of dross (since we sold Dean Ashton) and moreover the last 18 months, we have lost about 4,000 supporters.

Cancer has set in at our club.

The style of play was better, more pleasing on the eye and dominant..just one thing missing someone to take responsibility and put the cherry on the cake. Crewe were there for the taking there yesterday ..if thats "league 1" football then whats the big hoo-ha to get there...Crewe were awful carried no threat at all..got one break and took it .i struggle to recal anothe notable chance of thiers...Well done the team and well done Liam who no doubt listens to us!

I have not read a report which does not tally with my own view of the match: we were the dominant team. It was an odd game in that we won the important battles in all areas of the pitch - even Donaldson v Charles was a clear victory for Darius - & yet we ended up on the losing side. I do not think I have seen a team run midfield, as we did, & lose. Nobody could argue that Crewe did enough to win the match. At the end of the day, I suppose, a number of factors contributed:

1. We were very unlucky; you wouldn't normally dominate a game in that way & get nothing.

2. The referee waved away a cast iron penalty.

3. When Donaldson found his space to score, unless my memory is clouded, it wasn't Darius who picked him up from the throw - was it James or Mark?; if it had been Darius, he'd not have been able to turn & get in the shot.

4. We just lacked that extra penetrative edge to create a clear cut scoring opportunity - Barrett & Smith were both unlucky with overheads & our corners caused problems, but, apart from when George was about to pull the trigger & was fouled for the penalty everyone saw but the ref, we were never really in a "we have to score" position.

Still, if we can boss the midfield like we did yesterday against Barrow, Crawley & Kettering, I think we will all be in a much happier frame of mind 2 weeks from today.