Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hello from a new member/supporter in New York

There is a ...... born every minute.

Welcome to the club Sheepshead,and by that I mean MyFC.I was tricked into it once upon a time as well.

Enjoy the ride.It will be one short and bumpy one.

Major things ahead.

Stay tuned..and kiss your 35 quids goodbye.

Remember to be grateful to Will Brooks.

Welcome sheepshead from another MyFC member and converted Fleet follower. Have been posting on here for nearly a year now and they are all a harmless bunch really. Can recommend a number of things in this journey:

1. Respect the passion shown by those on this website for their club.

2. Don't be put off by some of the negativity on the MyFC forums - join in the chatroom on matchdays and post on off-topic as well as the more serious issues.

3. Listen in to match commentary over the net provided by the wonderful Lord Chas (Charles Webster) and his colleagues - his commentary for the away semi-final Trophy match at Aldershot last season was legendary.

4. Try and visit Stonebridge Road at least once to get the full Fleet experience....although this has been somewhat diminished by the demise of the 'Fleetburger'.

5. Definitely get over for any match that the Fleet are involved in at Wembley. May 10th 2008 was one of the best (if not the best) footballing experience that I have had in 44 years of watching football.

6. Digitalis=Gadgetman=David Davis (EUFC CEO & MyFC Member)

7. Never open any threads or attachments on here from Uncle Urchin, you can be guaranteed that they will tell the truth and as members of MYFC we are not allowed to know the truth.

8. Most of all enjoy the experience and participate as much as you can.

drinkies

What the bloke said above!

Also, never lose sight of the fact that we may all be a bit negative at times. This is due to the fact that British football supporters in general see a glass as being half empty rather than half full! Before I fell for this "Heap of Poo" a few years back I was a home and away Arsenal fan (and still am really) Even a supporter of one of the Big Four always goes into a match expecting that the other team will "find us out and give us a thrashing," so you can only imagine what its like following a Non League side!

Its a roller coaster of a ride with more troughs than peaks but if you only get a flavour of what a real football fan goes through week after week then welcome aboard and feel free to ask anything you like as you will generally get a sensible answer from somewhere!

For most of us here on this forum this is our local team and we would still follow them no matter what standard we were playing at. Its a passion and a millstone with no easy divorce, when we do well life is good and when we lose its bottom whipingly bad and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way!

And by the way Sheephead was a true legend, better than the dross they have on "Soccer AM" now!

Originally Posted By: Lord Horn
Never open any threads or attachments on here from Uncle Urchin, you can be guaranteed that they will tell the truth and as members of MYFC we are not allowed to know the truth.

Many thanks to the wonderful person who changed my original post -in all my years of posting on forums I have never had that happen before...not even on MyFC....frankly UU I can't see what Darter sees in you.

(PS I expect you to change this post as well)

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
I have no idea what you are on about old boy...toodle pip...last time we spoke you were asking for my assistance and we have never exchanged posts or views since...have I done something wrong....?

Apologies UU if it wasn't you but as my original post was just a humourous dig at you (nothing malicious) I couldn't see why any body else apart from you would edit it. Pip Pip.

duel

shpshd.jpg

I know little to nothing about nekkid weather reports. My sheepshead is Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, New York (although I live in Manhattan). Thanks very much all for the advice.

I've been following English football for quite a while (although I admit not in the lower divisions). I've been to London many times, and have seen matches at Craven Cottage and Stamford Bridge. I took a train to see England play Mexico in Derby.

Supporting an English football team is a bit like supporting a college football team here in the States (which I've done for 30 years). Incredible passion and loyalty, and unending skepticism.

And Up the Fleet. Quite a match on Saturday.

I have passed through Gravesend, yes. Gravesend in Brooklyn falls into the category of "Why would you want to go if you did not have to go?" But I have passed through on my way to the beach (Coney Island, etc.) and on the way to Sheepshead Bay, where my favorite bicycle shop is located.

I did live in the Manhattan neighborhood of Chelsea, which is actually a lot like living along King's Road in London. But I have no taste for the Blues (unless you mean the John Lee Hooker variety).