Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WIndsor 3 - 1 Cirencester...

The Hovis Kid

Most the sides around you have games in hand. Lets say a few of them get wins you could be another relegation battle. Anything less than 3 points from the Winchester game and i'd of thought your board would have to have a real think about the manager

Mudge, as big a twat as he can be, would do a fantastic job for you

Woody WEFC, i tend to agree with you, although i have been around long enough to know (and i am sure that you have to), that one or two wins and a bit of confidence can do wonders. The mid table is very tight, and a few wins can lift any side. Winchester is a must win game, true. As for Mudge, he did a good job at Burnham but is

nothing more than a local chancer.

Never said they were, but this is the Windsor forum so if you come on here saying stupid things from a slough point of view you have to accept that you will be considered something of an unwanted visitor. Other fans make witty and humourus comments you just seem to make aggressive and offensive comments. Your last response is the first time I have seen anything sensible come from you. So play nicely and lets not have any more playground squabbling. But on the point of good squads and weak managers, just look at Windsor under Lane or Scott, same players and one team was a bottom third side and the other a playoff team (going on form from last year) is slough's squad that strong as I guess the same comments could have been levvied at Windsor fans last year under Lane saying we had a very good side whilst sitting in 16th place.

I agree that Keith Scott has done a good job at Windsor. The main difference is that you have had a settled squad, managed now by a guy who knows his onions, whereas we have had three seasons of turmoil, and have only just started getting ourselves together under Derek Sweetman. Yes, we do have proven good players at this level, but we are missing continuity at present. To be honest, it would be good for the area if Windsor went up, although i still think Truro will win it.

From what i have seen I wouldn't argue that Truro are the favourites, but if we are still there or thereabouts come Feb March I wouldn't rule us out. although play offs is what we are aiming for. Understand what you say about continuity, but in the same season we had a muppet in charge taking us to 16th in the league and then Scotty took over and in half a season we were still playing for a play off place on the last day. That is with teh same players in the same season, that is down to management pure and simple. Need to get out of this division the grounds are doing my head in, north Leigh was laughable, how they ever got graded at this level......

Lets be honest AFC Hayes is also a very poor ground (and very dirty with rubbish all around, makes you appreciate the work that goes in to keep a ground looking tidy for match day), but its all down to money. Burnham had a ground that was as bad if not worse than these before they had a large injection of cash. I guess this is a bit of a sore point as these clubs would probably throw back that at least they have a ground, but no doubt that will be resolved at some point. Windsor's ground really only lacks a top quality clubhouse for the size of the club. Covered behind either, or both goals would be nice but we will probably never be conference proper in the forseeable future so it will do us.

I've got a lift off Hovis but thanks anyway.

Lets hope he doesn't drive by the turning this time!

Off Topic but how great are those new photos on facebook! Still laughing now!

Quote:
I guess the same comments could have been levvied at Windsor fans last year under Lane saying we had a very good side whilst sitting in 16th place.

I think we DID say much the same comments - Lane may not have been a great manager but he was a very effective scout. Give or take one or two players we've got the same squad, but now Keith has had some time they're firing together and working as a team. And the result shows in our record over the last month or two.

Only the Slough fans can really say if they think their squad has players as strong. But if so then changing the manager for someone with proven man-management skills might be a good move.

Funny you say that, cos from a spectator point of view i would say that is very good side. Decent stand (basic but does the job and gives a decent view) the terracing either side is nice and wide and allows plenty of room to move around on is not squashed up so you can let your kid(s) run around on it without them falling over like some of the narrow terracing can. If you covered both ends the ground would look really good. How we ever managed to get 4,500 in there with teh grass banks is beyond me, where did they all park?!?!?!?!?

In the late 70s early 80s both Windsor and Slough regularly got to the FA Cup 1st Round and drew league sides, bringing in decent crowds. I guess it shows how far our local sides have slipped down the pyramid, in that i cant see either Windsor or Slough getting that far in the FA Cup these days, although Maidenhead did it the season before last, going out to Stafford

Funny you should say that as in the last few years Windsor have had relatively easy routes to at least the fourth qualifying round and messed it up against what should be very beatable opposition. This year especially i think if we had been a few more games in then we may have made our way through, whereas teh FA Trophy has seen us progress quite well. Although this year away to Team Bath will be tough (but as tough as away to Vauxhall Motors the season they beat QPR if the FA Cup, and we did them 3-1 at their place). Wonder if things would have been different if we had beaten Harry Redknapps Bournemouth and gone to Old Trafford ourselves. As we held them to a draw in the first game and man utd lost on the first attempt, does that Windsor better than Man Utd?!?! LOL!!! Football logic. If only........