Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WIndsor 3 - 1 Cirencester...

The Hovis Kid

we can, and if we have a full side and they perform to their max then i think we will not lose. But it will be a very good test and i won't be upset if we lose as they are a couple of divisions above us and looking good in that division. As long as we play as well as we can I will be happy, and a win is not beyond us by any stretch of teh imagination. i always go to a game expecting us to win, blind optimism, this should bee a good day out anyway, even if it is a Sunday!!! You never know in these sort of games, their style may allow us to play well, or it may stop us playing completely. I hope we beat them, lets leave it at that!!

While we're on the subject of nostalgia I was at the Bournemouth game, standing with the other 1,999 (allegedly) AFCB fans on the mud in the Chicken Run and my abiding memory of that game - apart from the fact that Windsor should have won it - is sliding slowly down the mud and having to scramble back up every thirty seconds or so!

Some might also remember that a few years later Saint 'Arry, then managing West Ham, was interviewed by the BBC on a Saturday afternoon on the subject of Cup games against non-league sides. He stated live on national TV that Bournemouth had a tougher game in the 2nd round against WEFC than they did in the 3rd round against Manchester United.

Now, that's a man who knows football.

SiD

Originally Posted By: Fuzzy Royal
One of the threads i was reading there were four or five going on about how you have the best squad, best players just can't play as a team and should be challenging for promotion yada yada yada. typical stuff, just made me laugh that's all. As one of the few progmatic and objective Slough fans who comes on our forum, how strong would you really say Slough's squad is?

Since you asked - the reason I questioned you is that you think we said we have the best squad in the league. I am not going to go trawling back through posts but I really don't believe this to be true. Most people would say Truro I think.

For what it's worth I think we do have a much better squad than last season, but then we all knew that last season's team was sh*te. Individually I believe most of them to be decent players, if you look for example at the three strikers, they are all proven goalscorers. At the back, Evans for example won this league last season and Allaway is no mug. So when people say we'll do better when they've gelled properly as a team, I'd tend to agree. But this hasn't happened yet, and as people have quite rightly said, this is down to the management.

As for challenging for promotion - I honestly think anything is possible in this league and there was no harm in having that ambition at the start of the season. But as I've said many times, it may take time to get a decent team together playing well and getting results, like Windsor have done. Now I can see us finishing mid-table, maybe into the top 10 if we can get it together.

I believe the thing to do is to put a run together to get you into the fray and then throw it away with a few games of the season left. This leaves you both frustrated and with optimism for the next year, how many times do you then see that optimism destroyed in the opening few games and so the circle begins again. It has taken Windsor this long to get it right so goos luck but if these players are good it is always a danger that they will go somewhere they will get promotion (or think they will). Oh, and the thread did say you had the best squad, which is why I found it amusing. On the Truro thing, is it true they are starting to run low on funds?!?!?!