Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Charles Webster

Crawley commentary and Kettering at home

For those of you unable to access the Setanta coverage one way or the other(nudge, nudge, wink, wink) I will be talking to myself from 7.40 tonight. If the right buttons are pressed at HQ you might even be able to hear commentary on the web. If you can't get it, complain to Beeb HQ at Tunbridge Wells.

Re Sunday at home to Kettering, it seems unlikely that we will be able to provide commentary due to...oh, don't ask. Pipple doodle pip. Lord C

Fletcher beat Charlesin the air but it was Sacha who missed his kick. Should have had a penalty, I thought - the fact that Giles had arms outstretched when it hit him, should have meant it was given in my book.

i think that was the best we have played on the telly.

got to see Sasha give gashy a big hug at the end - up to the goal he look very frustrated.

One point though - Stacey should try and keep his dissapointment in check when things dont go right. I know he wants to win but you dont see the other players slagging him off when he tries to beat everyone and gives the ball away.

Also Liam was up to boxing exploits again in the tunnel - but, as my mum would say, Evans has got a face you would like to punch!

What happened in the tunnel? Caught a glance of Daish walking off after that Pat Butcher in drag lookalike had a bee in his bonnet about something. Were there fisticuffs?

Evans says he had a clear penalty second half - didnt think it was as Ricko got the ball although you could potentially have argued he deliberately raised his leg to trip the attacker after playing the ball (why, though, as Lance was going to clear?). And if that was a penalty it only evened out the handball against Giles in the first half.

Good to see Setanta make the right decision on MOM aswell - Darius was imperious for the most part, especially second half.

And he hinted about a conspiracy about refs against Crawley. Said something like 'they say they haven't, but they quite clearly have an agenda'. In my opinion, and said it at the time,it was a great challenge from Ricketts who quite clearly wins the ball. Look a much improved side tonight with a lot more football being played, also seem to be playing witha lot more energy.