Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A little help

Hey,

Don't mean to intrude on your forum, but I wanted to see if some of you would be able to assist for an upcoming article in ESPN The Magazine's "Fans Issue."

Of course this has to do with the MyFC experiment, and I'd be curious to find out what your overall thoughts are on the take over?

Did you become a fan of Ebbsfleet because of the novel idea of ownership? Do you plan on re-upping your membership come next year? And if yes/no, what are your reasons?

How has this experience changed "the quality of what it means to be a fan." Do you wish all teams did this?

Of course, for those who have always been fans of Ebbsfleet, what do you think about the MyFC experiment. Has this made a mockery of your team or do you think it's been a financial blessing for your club?

And of course any other comments we would be greatly interested in hearing no matter how you might feel. Please feel free to email me at Mortyain@gmail.com

Thanks for your time,

Morty

I'm sure ESPN Magazine must be delighted the way this thread is heading !

Been a fleet fan for years...Nice idea having lots of owners, times going to tell whether it was a wise move...those who think they

were going to pick the team must have been seriously dis illusioned..me and my mate can't decide on the starting Eleven let alone 27,000.

overall its pioneering Idea

Haha, thank you for that.

Also, if you could please email me at mortyain@gmail.com I'd like carry on a larger discussion without burdening the board. I've gotten a few responses so far which have been largely positive although that doesn't appear to be the overall consensus of the board. Be curious to hear why?

Once again thank you for your time and input.

Originally Posted By: ESPN Magazine
I've gotten a few responses so far which have been largely positive although that doesn't appear to be the overall consensus of the board. Be curious to hear why?

Once again thank you for your time and input.

Thats easy, not everyone who posts on this forum is a Fleet fan.

The genuine fans are fairly evenly split but the non-Fleet fans who post on here seem to be 100% negative.
I expect if you asked us for our opinions on Gillingham we would appear slightly negative too.

Originally Posted By: The Doctor
Dartford borough residents discount scheme, means us that live in Swanscombe

Surely Swanscombe is Gravesham?
get a dart tag which gives us 100 free journeys

Only 50 journeys?
I do believe, and it is 20p for every crossing after that.

Indeed so

Well I have been a supporter of the club before MyFC came to be. In my opinion it has it's good and bad points. Yeah the extra money put into the club has really helped and has made the dream of promotion to the Football League a real possibility. MyFC has also brought in some people that has the best interests of the club at heart(Which can only be a good thing). But also it has brought in a few people who quite frankly have a bit of an ego on them(Thankfully the right minded people outnumber them). The only other bad thing I can see about the MyFC project is having yearly rely on a certain amount of people to sign back up. And the bickering can sometimes get a bit tiring.

Originally Posted By: Special K
And the bickering can sometimes get a bit tiring.

I agree with you, Special K. I suspect, though, that most of the malcontents will be gone in February. It would only be a die-hard curmudgeon who will pay 35 pounds for the privilege of bitching and moaning each day.

Let's just hope there are enough of us left who actually care about the Fleet (as opposed to "football manager 09") to keep from hurting the club's financial future.

Originally Posted By: ESPN Magazine
although that doesn't appear to be the overall consensus of the board.

You'll no doubt be hearing from "The Dark Side" if they've noticed this thread - the FreeMyFC freedom fighters. They have a valid point of view for those they represent, I'm sure, and an alternative one, but they'll also shout the loudest too. Things aren't as bad as they'll make out, just like they're not as good as the happiest of members will tell you.

Originally Posted By: rsheard
Originally Posted By: Special K
And the bickering can sometimes get a bit tiring.

I agree with you, Special K. I suspect, though, that most of the malcontents will be gone in February. It would only be a die-hard curmudgeon who will pay 35 pounds for the privilege of bitching and moaning each day.

Let's just hope there are enough of us left who actually care about the Fleet (as opposed to "football manager 09") to keep from hurting the club's financial future.

Debating or discussing of course is ok. Just the full blown arguing can sometimes be a tad annoying. Most of us do want what is best for the club. If people just calmed down a bit more things would get sorted far quicker and in a less stressful way.