Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Trophy 1st Round Draw

eufckev

Originally Posted By: eufckev
Originally Posted By: Special K
Deffo going to go to this away game. Do not know if I am going to go by train or by coach/minibus if there is one. Most likely the minibus though.

Think I'll be going by car, not the train down to Bognor Regis. Just checked trains and how to get there. The quickest route involves (from Gravesend), a change at Dartford, then Peckham Rye, then Tulse Hill, then a final train from Horsham to Bognor Regis. Takes just under four hours!

Ice Cream, sand castles and Fish n Chips before the new year grin

Are you allergic to tubes?

Train to Charging Cross, Tube to Victoria, Train to Bognor.

Originally Posted By: David Holden
Originally Posted By: eufckev
Originally Posted By: Special K
Deffo going to go to this away game. Do not know if I am going to go by train or by coach/minibus if there is one. Most likely the minibus though.

Think I'll be going by car, not the train down to Bognor Regis. Just checked trains and how to get there. The quickest route involves (from Gravesend), a change at Dartford, then Peckham Rye, then Tulse Hill, then a final train from Horsham to Bognor Regis. Takes just under four hours!

Ice Cream, sand castles and Fish n Chips before the new year grin

Are you allergic to tubes?

Train to Charging Cross, Tube to Victoria, Train to Bognor.

Just going by the quickest route I was told on the website grin

Hi all,looking forward to your visit in the Trophy,bad draw for us in our current situation,however we are a small friendly family club with strong ties to yourselves [loan players etc.]We have had a torrid season having to start with a completely new squad,new manager,and possibly the smallest budget in the league,resulting in an unsettled side,although we hope that will soon be resolved.We also lost our clubhouse in an arson attack in August,however we are able to use the sports club bar in the cricket ground next door to us.We do though have a great playing surface our groundsman having won the best groundsman F.A. award in the three conference leagues.We also have 6 supporters who also support you as well.Hope you are bringing a few down with you as half the gate money would help us in our prediciment.Bring your buckets and spades lol.

Originally Posted By: mo warner
Hi all,looking forward to your visit in the Trophy,bad draw for us in our current situation,however we are a small friendly family club with strong ties to yourselves [loan players etc.]We have had a torrid season having to start with a completely new squad,new manager,and possibly the smallest budget in the league,resulting in an unsettled side,although we hope that will soon be resolved.We also lost our clubhouse in an arson attack in August,however we are able to use the sports club bar in the cricket ground next door to us.We do though have a great playing surface our groundsman having won the best groundsman F.A. award in the three conference leagues.We also have 6 supporters who also support you as well.Hope you are bringing a few down with you as half the gate money would help us in our prediciment.Bring your buckets and spades lol.

Yeah I did hear about some right c**ts setting your clubhouse alight. Have the people responsible been caught yet?

Anyway I do not usually travel to away games too often but this one I most definitely will for this game. I can not vouch for everyone but I reckon we will take a decent following. One question though is the train station anywhere near the ground? Or would it be wise to get public transport form the station.

i am definitely going just booked up overnight accomodation because for me by train only needs a delay on the way home and i might not make it home that night.better to be safe than sorry.

hope the weather is kind to us.

pity it is not in the summer we could have a game of soccer on the beach.

the fleet versus the fleet i wonder who would have won.

see you there the way the weeks are passing nowadays it will not too long now

If travelling by train,when leaving platform take righthand exit out of concourse you will see a set of traffic lights on your left,turn right into Linden Road leaving cinema on your left hand side.Continue down Linden Road past a roundabout,past the next road[Park road] on your left, just after this there is an alleyway on your left hand side,this leads straight into the entrance to the ground.Distance approx.1 mile,about 20 min. walk,you cross over two or three roads through the alley,and mind the dogs**t.Public transport to the ground not good,but taxi's at the station cost around

I couple of seasons ago when we played Grays (when we lost 5-1), the Ferry was open the way there but I had to find a different method of getting back.

However I know it was out of action for a while for some reason or another, but assume it is back in service now?

It will probably be too much to hope for, but lets all hope for a repeat of the Southern League Cup 1st. Round 1st. Leg score on the 26th. August 1975:-

Gravesend and Northfleet 8 Bognor Rehis Town 2

(Bostock 4, Jeffrey 2, Woolfe & Hutchins)

I hope there is not a repeat of the second leg though as Bognor Regis won 3-1.

Originally Posted By: BustaGut
Can you not go across on the Gravesend ferry, and catch a train from Tilbury, or does ferry shut down to early for return? Have not looked just inquiring ?

Er, do you know where Bognor is?

Originally Posted By: Ian_D
I couple of seasons ago when we played Grays (when we lost 5-1)

Pedantry alert: if only it had been just the five.

Originally Posted By: jc
Originally Posted By: Ian_D
I couple of seasons ago when we played Grays (when we lost 5-1)

Pedantry alert: if only it had been just the five.

Ah, outwitted once again. I couldn't remember if it was five or six but thought I'd take the dare devil's route and guess at five. How wrong a move that was.

Originally Posted By: John Pearce
It will probably be too much to hope for, but lets all hope for a repeat of the Southern League Cup 1st. Round 1st. Leg score on the 26th. August 1975:-

Gravesend and Northfleet 8 Bognor Rehis Town 2
(Bostock 4, Jeffrey 2, Woolfe & Hutchins)

I hope there is not a repeat of the second leg though as Bognor Regis won 3-1.

I remember that match, a lot of the goals were scoreed late on. I think, but this might just be my memory playing tricks, we were 2-0 down.