Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Membership Renewal

Special K

Originally Posted By: Jeff
None taken UU. While I understand your concern with all the facts you have gathered regarding the operation of the football club, I don't get why you are so interested with the direction that both the Fleet and Edgware are currently taking? While I would like to think that we are both friends of Non League, your interest does seem to be bordering on the excessive.

no idea what edgware has to do with this as thats steves and sals baby and motoring on nicely with a little advice from my goodself as a friend...

as I have always stated....I care for all NL clubs and the NL community and have no need to offer references in that respect.....ebbs was and is in danger and I always knew that...you guys not only ignored my warnings but berated me over them...

I wouldn't say that I have 'embraced' MyFC. My goodness, there are some absolute idiots on there. However, I do see it as the best thing that we have going for us at this time. Who knows what will happen in February? Surely though, you cannot argue that striving for renewals is better than trying to launch a coup d'Etat?

If only I won the lottery. grin

you have indulged in slagging myself and others off on myfc jeff as well you know.....all we wanted and believed in was that the fleet fans rallied as the myfc issue was flawed and would hurt the club.....myfc is not the best way...wasn't then and isn't now

As for 'Comic Book Name' bloke, of all people, you should know all about the dark arts of winding people up on forums. Over the years, Allstars has probably learnt some golden trolling skills from your good self. smile

harry must be responsible for his actions..I have defended him with the GM's long enough and will do so no longer...

I do think that this particular comment is not really necessary though.

'i wish u could still smoke in pubs and clubs etc these days....i have visions of picking up a fosters ashtray and slapping his beak at full pelt'

I didn't make that comment jeff but hey you are a myfcer so the truth is a hinderance....grin

So what is the best way forward for MyFC then?

I am well aware you never made that comment UU and never once inferred that you did. I was merely stating the fact that it appeared on a thread of the website which dislikes the way in which MyFC operates.

The point I was making is that was not a very nice nor constructive thing to say.

The point I was making is that was not a very nice nor constructive thing to say.

It was Cardgame though wasn't it? Doesn't he struggle to say anything nice or constructive beneath an exterior of bluster and swearing? Kind of a mini-Steve Evans in training?

So what is the best way forward for MyFC then?

I am well aware you never made that comment UU and never once inferred that you did. I was merely stating the fact that it appeared on a thread of the website which dislikes the way in which MyFC operates.

it was cardgame and he has a go at everyone including me....the trick is not to take him on...he's a harry facsimile...and lets not have the double standards jeff as harry has abused enough people on freemy to gain a lifetime award and he can still post on there....he deserves all he gets and has done your club no favours at all in recent months....

the way that myfc operates is actually an irrelevancy and always was.....there was only ever going to be one outcome to this little fandango and the fleet fans should well have known that.....the very people that harry and others have abused and slagged off were actually friends of the club not enemies and questioned the operator and his control over the society because they genuinely feared for the club....the fact that they now are antagonised beyond belief and reconcilliation by fleet fans comments on myfc has just made matters worse....they were never the enemy and nor was I...

the fleet needs to be sold to an owner that has the bollox to take the budget down to sustainable levels and allow the club some breathing space at whatever level it can compete at (which may be lower connie you never know) but the game is not over....the desperados will now adopt plan B (whatever that is and I have a pretty good idea) and drag the whole sorry mess out for a while longer and the fact that the club is losing more money as they do so is unimportant to them as they massage their egos one last time...society rules however prohibit plan B...

mark got it right and more should follow..as far as you guys are concerned its not about myfc anymore its about the fleet....as far as the myfcers are concerned its not about the fleet anymore its about the society....

we'll see what DD is made of in the next couple of months thats for certain...smile

Originally Posted By: chris blanc
No need

ah but there is a need chris....you see people that come onto open forums and make allegations in an airy fairy way are not really worthy of the space they type into...so I am asking you to clarify your comments or else I will make a serious issue of it....come on son...you like a good old slag off aimed at me on myfc where I never post....have the bollox to face me on here...

be a man chris...you have always dreamed of being one...grin

Originally Posted By: chris blanc
Of course there's no need, everyone knows the score.

And as for making allegations in an airy fairy way on an open forum, that's about all you do on here so you can shut your whining you daft old prick.

crikey chris thats a little unlike you to abuse and libel people in such a quislingesque fashion,.......grin

as a moderator on here and the myfc forums you really should know better than to abuse members but I suppose it becomes endemic in the end after so much practice with the WT/FT...grin

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
the desperados will now adopt plan B (whatever that is and I have a pretty good idea)

There's another carrot left dangling...

UU, you could feed the entire population of Somalia simply on the dangled carrots that have been liberally chucked about this forum.

Originally Posted By: Stu M
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
the desperados will now adopt plan B (whatever that is and I have a pretty good idea)

There's another carrot left dangling...

UU, you could feed the entire population of Somalia simply on the dangled carrots that have been liberally chucked about this forum.

and most of the carrot followers are now chocking on the fckers as it begins to dawn on them that I was right..sadly

save it for the fall out and laying of blame stu that will surely follow ....

I fully expect the whole MYFC thing to go down the pan after February.

It has always had the hallmarks of a one year wonder, many thought Ebbsfleet the wrong choice in the first place, both in terms of league status and geographically.

It is unrealistic to expect a high re-enlistment, certainly not in the numbers there were last year, even on the back of a Wembley win, since the whole thing was sold as "Own the club, pick the team" , a statement factually incorrect on both parts.

The club has benfitted from the deal, at least short term, in that the sudden input of money probably helped the team to reach a national final, through additional training aids, and the general "feelgood" factor that was at the club from Christmas to May last year.

That was last year, the novelty has worn off.

Outsiders such as myself has witnessed much infighting and internal politics from members vying for positions on the "board".

Evidence is clear for all to see, new forums springing up , defections to other clubs, discontent and disharmony over many aspects the way MYFC are running the club.

Many of these people seem to forget the really important people involved - the players and the supporters who watch Fleet week in week out.

We are lucky in that we have the likes of Messrs Moules and Davis actually running the club, hands on, and fully aware of the real logistic difficulties, such as catering problems, arranging car parking, sponsorship, kit, and the 1000 other things that a "board" member cannot possibly know about, or do anything about in Timbucktoo of Outer Mongolia.

I am grateful MYFC has eased our financial crisis for a year, and appear to have paid off some, if not all debts.

With or without MYFC, Fleet will survive and continue, either as full time, with a reduced budget, or part time. If that means a struggle in the league leading to eventual relegation, then so be it.

I and the regulars can live with that.

MYFC was always going to be a risky experiment - I feel a little miffed that it was the Fleet who were the guinea pig, as long term it seems the club is on to a lose/lose situation, as opposed to fan based/owned clubs such as AFC Wimbledon, where the people through the turnstiles and bums on seats make the decisions, rather than spurious, seeming rigged on-line voting with less that 10% turn-outs can dictate important decisions.

Let MyFC die with a modicum of dignity, let them seek out more needy (or gullible) teams, and allow the Fleet to continue their slow and steady progress.

I think at the end of the day most of us were full of misgivings with the MyFC deal, but as mere supporters we had no say in what happened... Once it happened we then had to try and make it work for the survival of our club; if that meant working alongside the new operator then that's what had to happen - in a way it has been a good deal; it financed our trip to Wembley and our Trophy win, but I'm sure as any of us know who are involved in other forums are aware, many members doesn't equate to many ACTIVE members and I believe that's now starting to show...

At the end of the day, our number one concern isn't MyFC - it's Ebbsfleet United - our team, and that has to be our main priority. All the time there's a chance that MyFC can pull the rabbit out of the hat and re-sign enough members for next year, we have to follow that course - after all, they are the main shareholder. And if that fails, we all have to fall behind whatever comes next to try and save our club.

Personally, I'm tired with all this 'told you so' smugness - hindsight is a wonderful thing, just a shame we can't have it before the event. All I'm concerned about is what's good for the club, not some jumped up idiot or two keen to score points for themselves trying to make themselves look good and important.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
seeming rigged on-line voting

Don't believe everything Urchin throws into the mix. I would say voting was a foregone conclusion in most cases, but rigged?

Isn't that as libellous without proof as casting aspersions about windows, etc?