Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

KSC Match Tonight

Jeff

George Purcell's goal celebration was a mini soap opera.

He came in from the left and caught a crossfield ball from a good build up, finishing well.

His celebration was muted to say the least. He simply walked back, got to his mark and had a word with Liam who came out of the dugout and said something back.

Ten minutes or so later, he could have run in to a chance (admittedly he might not have got there) but didn't even try.

It was very interesting.

Dover are a good side and apparently half of them were not their first team.

Watched the first half from the Swanscombe end. Made a nice change.

Home draw in the next round please.

On the food side, I had a good cheeseburger with onions from the away end.

Not a great game - 1st 15 minutes was quite lively, but Dover then had the majority of the 1st half after that, without creating any real chances other than 1 effort blazed over the bar from 8 yards out. We only had the one real effort from Shakes in the 1st half.

Second half began just as scrappily for us then the ball broke kindly for us and Hand (I think) played the ball to Purcell on the top left corner of the box and he drilledhome low into thefar corner.

We then looked better for the next 15 minutes or so, with a decent effort from Ibe from 25 yards out, a Delicate looping header dropping just over and another Purcell drive well claimed by the keeper.

We had 2 or 3 moments of panic at the back late on - 1 scramble in the box, then an excellent block by Murray, and finally, an excellent low down save by Mott (especially as he had had nothing else to do all night).

Thought Murray was actually our most solid player on the night & many around me simply broke into laughter when Hawkins was made MOM!

Apart from Murray, Springett looked reliable enough on the night, Pooley & Ibe both did ok and Delicate worked hard and won several good headers. Shakes and Purcell just aren't consistent enough for me. Callender looked promising in his 5 minutes on the pitch.

Dover played some "pretty" football but had no cutting edge and looked at their most dangerous early on when attacking our left back position with their right winger causing problems, but lacking a "killer" ball in to the box.

Still, we're through and on our way to defending the trophy we won earlier this year!

Other results tonight in the KSC :-

Chatham 0 Folkestone 6

Maidstone 2 Margate 1

Whitstable 1 Tonbridge 1 (aet - Whitstable won 5-4 on pens)

Earlier results :-

Thamesmead 3 Ashford 1

Welling 3 Sittingbourne 2

Cray 1 Ramsgate 2

The Bromley v Dartford game is due to be played 9/12.

As the Kent FA seem to do the draw the Friday after the last game of the round is played, I would guess at the draw being done on the Friday evening sport show on 12/12.

Pretty much agree with Alan's assesment. Murray was my pick for MOM, played well at right back (presumably out of position) and looked a bit more up for it than a few others. Hand, who spent more time passing backwards than forwards, Ibe and Shakes all failed to impress and George had an off night even for George. But he is allways likely to get you a goal and thats what he did and why he's allways handy to have on the bench. I though Delicate lead the line well and I thought it was he who laid on the pass for the goal. Good to see Danny Slatter buzzing around for the full 90.

Of the PASE lads Springett did OK and Michael West when he came on played well. Calendar wasn't really on for long enough to make a real impression.

Not sure how many regular first team players Dover had out but they played some tidy football and looked more together as a team than we did but without creating too many chances.

Overall a fairly scrappy game but were through and another chance for some more valuable playing time for the youngsters and those who are missing out of a Saturday.

Originally Posted By: eufckev
According to a Dover fan, about 6 or 7 were first teamers.

That really surprised me as I thought Dover was going to field an even weaker side than that. I was surprised to hear that the likes of Schulz, Hughes and Whitehouse played as a believe that they are all first team players.