Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Its fustrating

Our Team

That we underperformed again should come as no surprise , considering the most creative players, Murray, Hand and Ibe spend most of the time consigned to the bench or the stand.

The warning signs were there for all to see, with very few scoring chances against Barrow, Crawley, Kettering and today.

Liam does seem reluctant to change an underperforming team.

Question is Gary

Will Liam or more questionably can Liam drop Michael Gash , who for me is no more productive now then he was pre season?

He and Delicate just cannot work together. Luke is getting pushed deeper until needs must and he ventures forward , and a bizarre period of seven minutes between coming onto the pitch and touching the ball by shakes does not fill me with confidence for the rest of this season.

No Hand or Ibe on the bench either today. Awful just awful. I guess the remains of my man flu didnt help to much. At least the two combined can justify a quick tot of Bushmills this evening.

I suspect they don't fit into Liam's preferred style of play; get it into the 'right' areas quickly (route 1), select 'honest' players (gritty,scrapping, tough tackling grafters).

But at what cost?

Dissapointing league position, few goals, less excitement, gates dropping, at a time when the club is desperate for exactly the opposite as it tries to increase MYFC sales.

Unless Liam wants Myfc to fail.

I like Murray thought we looked a better balanced side with him playing just in front of back $ ..he can cross a ball ..had the a good game mid week against dover i felt, I also feel Hand is a better option than Stone who consistantly fails to deliver...ah well who would be a manager for whom it must be equally fustrating ( but ultimatly must take the rap), who must see something in the players during training that somehow is not transpiring on to the pith on a Saturday afternoon.

Originally Posted By: Our Team
For all of our endevour today at Cambridge it was so sad to see us so bereft of shots at goal...did their keeper actually have to make a save apart from Rickets wayward cross?

He parried away a shot from Gash down low in the first half to be fair. Admittedly, yesterday's opposition were strong and defeat at the Abbey is no disgrace, but paying

it just seems astonishing to me, that after having said a few weeks ago, that he is expected to get to the play-offs this season, he insists on playing a line up that generally speaking will grind out a draw or suffer a narrow defeat,OK the Crawley result was unexpected and we only just got a result against Barrow.

Gash needs players to feed off him, so we really should be playing our most attacking players to take advantage of his delicate flicks and headers.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
I wonder how good Delicate is, too.
5 games now and not really a sniff of a goal.
That sound familiar with Fleet strikers (Esxandoh, Rawle etc)

A little harsh on both strikers to be honest. Essandoh's goals in his first season with us kept us from relegation, and Rawle, who's role is more a second striker, was never given the chance of building a strike partnership, owing to injuries and squad rotation.

However, to echo some of the points above, this is definitely the worst Fleet performance I have seen this season. None of the players noticed that all long balls and through balls were skidding off the turf, straight through to their keeper. Even when we had a free-kick near the 18-yard box, all we did was pass it about and lose the ball. No one seemed to want to take a shot on goal.

I didn't notice Delicate was even playing until someone pointed him out to me in the second half.

I hope to see a better performance at home to Weymouth next week - a must-win game with a busy Christmas ahead of us.

Delicate's cause is not helped by playing wth Gash. The team play route 1 to them as they are both big lads, and are expected to win the arial stuff.

if we played with genuine winge s, both of whom could cross effectively, perhaps we would see a better return.Most BSPdefences are adept at dealing with the hgh stuff, but less confident against quicker, more nimble footed strikers.

You can see where I am leading to......

You cab

We need Kezie/Moore to link with Gash/Delicate, the flicks produced by the big lads arre ideal for moore and Ibe, but together, they both try it. They are too alike to play with each other unfortunately, a believe it should be Gash and Ibe with Moore in the hole.

But im not the manager, and i have faith in liam, but that faith is slowly getting smaller.

[quote=Hempstead Gaz]That we underperformed again should come as no surprise , considering the most creative players, Murray, Hand and Ibe spend most of the time consigned to the bench or the stand.

Not sure how you can describe Murray, Hand and Ibe as our most creative players. Murray and Hand are holding midfielders and Ibe is "hit and miss" striker. I think you should think before you post

Yesterday was disappointing but Ibe and Hand would have made little difference. Murray came on and looked no better (or worse) than others on the pitch. He did not create much from what I saw and played a couple of balls for Luke that Shergar would have struggled to get to.

Our difficulty was breaking down a top-of-the-table Conference team. We had an off day - let's move on to the next game.

You must love us losing - Hempstead Gaz - it gives you something to moan about - again and again and again

You seem a lot quieter when we win.

I have just listened to Liams post match interview and he sounded really stumped as to what else he can do with the players he has assembled, to the point of saying that he did'nt see anything at the training ground to give him any different options to change things from the team that "switched off" at the Abbey Stadium.

The thrust of his words seemed to be saying that the players were scared to take chances in the final third and were waiting for someone else to make things happen. If players get stale how do you shake them out of this mindset,

Challenge them with an influx of fresh young blood at the training ground and get all the 2 year PASE players snapping at their heels and if they can't or don't want to respond then bye bye, why not take a chance with some of the 2nd years who do show the desire to get into Liams 1st team.

And before you think I'm anti Liam. no I'm not but he sounds like he's run out of ideas on how to kick this bunch up the a***