Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

DOor still spinninng

townerboy

Looks like we've signed Danny Wolf and Clydie Roberts. Its without doubt we have made some quality signings of late and that a major overall of playing staff is seriously underway, I can see quite a few of the established players now leaving the club, in my view rightly so. Our club pay for players to perform and although I've backed the management team all the way this season, its proven that it is the players in need of change.

Looking at our squad now it oozes a far higherstandard of players, lets just hope the weather allows them to show us exactly how good they are.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
It may appear that we have made some quality signings, but we have been told that we signed quality signings earlier in the season - some 60 - 70 of them.

Let's hope that the current signings are much better than previous ones and we go from strength to strength.

Everyone seems to have this infactuation on how many players we have signed this season, facts are we were a mess from Xmas 07 right upto Novenber 08. I've think i've been consistent when I say Jim Chand was a big act to follow for our club and the transition is not simple, add the poor decision to appoint Adam Lee and Mike Smee to main positions at the club and the transitional period was being prolonged.

I think the signings since November have been the right ones, plus we need to rid of some of the established ones that are holding us back.

Like you Andy I hope we go from strength to Strngth but I'm also anticipating it, it's actually exciting times again, sit tight.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
..... add the poor decision to appoint Adam Lee and Mike Smee to main positions at the club...

Who made those decisions? The Manager?

Well I think the buck stops with the Chairman, who is responsible with the board in appointing the Gaffer. Where praise should be heaped is on SM and the board for not pressing the panic button and persevering to keep the season alive.

I think our season is on the verge of coming alive and being very exciting as other clubs season seem to be falling apart. Lets hope its a right gut feeling and not a flu bug.

Possibly, it depends how you look at things and your personal views. As always I'd make judgement at the end of the season, SM at present has surrounded himself with what looks like an able coaching team that is now seriously working the transitional period as it should be doing and thats out with the old and in with the new.

At the begginning of the season SM was surrounded with Adam Lee (a mistake for our club however its been rectified) and Mike Smee (too soon a promotion for him at a club like ours), the fortunes of the club suffered but we now look forward to competing for a play off spot, lets hope so.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Our club pay for players to perform and although I've backed the management team all the way this season, its proven that it is the players in need of change.

But isn't it our current manager that has brought in most of these players that 'need changing'?? How many of the 40 or so players he has signed since being appointed have proved to be good signings?? It seems to be a totally random recuiting policy..I would say that only 1 in 10 of SM's signings have proved to be successful.Saying that, if he brings in 90 duds,but still find the 10 players good enough to get up promoted,then i won't complain..At least you can't say that he's hasn't put the effort in and has certainly not been lazy and complacent in the transfer market.But it does seem to be a case of signing anyone who wants to join us,rather than having a knowledge of these players qualities before hand.

• 2 weeks later...