Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

DOor still spinninng

townerboy

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
I am sure that one ( assuming he has or will sign ) will be a great player up front.

We had a decent player up front yesterday but he stupidly got himself sent off!

Only a rumour yesterday but I heard that ST has gone. And I don't mean Squadron Leader.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
I am sure that one ( assuming he has or will sign ) will be a great player up front.

Only a rumour yesterday but I heard that ST has gone. And I don't mean Squadron Leader.

Andy,
If ST is Simon Tickner ( who else could it be ) you seem a little out of touch as the Managers programme notes confirmed he has left the Club as he could not get regular first team football.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc

Andy,
If ST is Simon Tickner ( who else could it be ) you seem a little out of touch as the Managers programme notes confirmed he has left the Club as he could not get regular first team football.

Thanks.

Didn't have time to get a programme as was busy.

Originally Posted By: Abu Dhabi
Well if it is true Simon Tickner has gone he is to be thanked for all his work over his time with the club

Is it right we signed Sammy Winston on Saturday?

shooosshhh evil

Yes on one hand I wish ST all the best too on the other hand I'm disappointed he was'nt prepared to hang around and try and win back his place, I think h owed that to the supporters who liked him. To be frank though I think we had two better centre halves playing there on saturday.

Is there not a way were part time non league clubs can tie players down on contracts even if its for just 1 season?

We have lost a few valuable players in the past few weeks with no compensation. We pay players a small appearance fee and possibly travel expenses and when another team comes for them they just up and leave! I'm all for seeing players move to better there career but not at the expense of the team that have given them the opportunity to not gain any thing back.

If a club then wants to sign a player, a small transfer fee should apply rather than this 7 day rule, maybe if this were the case it would stop clubs bringing in players every week and likewise players jumping ship if things aren't going there way