Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Contingency Plan?

JFW

So, it's a case of............................?

"Yer pays yer Money - Yer Takes Yer Chance !"

Originally Posted By: Big J R
So it seems to me, if you want to 'tow-the-party-line', you use the official site, but if you want to voice your opinion, under the Freedom Of Speech Act, then you use this one.

QED

I have 'voiced my opinion under the Freedom of Speech Act' on the official Forum about

Originally Posted By: billy nick
You are indeed correct about the fleet fans, i would have expected much more from them too, i would have expected some fight and protest on how their club was run. But no, they never joined any of us who were concerned on how their club was being run, but choose instead to ridicule the few that had the balls to ask the awkward questions on their behalf.

What do most fans want form the owners of their club? Surely it is to support the manager and provide sufficient funds for the club to field a decent team and stay afloat. If you look at the times when fans have not supported a club's owners it is normally because they have not done the above and at that point the fans want a new owner. This is the case whether the owner is a single person, a group of people, a consortium or whatever. Note, the fans want a new owner, not a change in the way the owner conducts its internal affairs.

Since when have fans ever got hot under the collar because one 'owner' feels unfairly treated by some of the other 'owners'? If the owners want to bicker amongst themselves, that is up to them, not the fans. As long as the manager is left to run the team, that is what matters.

We have had several 'owners' coming onto this forum complaining about the way they have been treated by the other 'owners', some who feel they were deceived about what they were buying into, some who are upset because their questions on the MYFC forum were not answered and then they got banned for asking them, etc., etc. But this is a dispute amongst the owners, not between the owners and the fans. If there was a dispute between the owners and the fans, or the manager was not getting the support he needed, then I would expect the fans to be up in arms and fighting for their club. But if one 'owner' has a spat with another 'owner' what is it to do with us?

If, in a few weeks time, MYFC have to sell their shareholding in EUFC, then we will have a new majority shareholder (or shareholders) and MYFC will be history. EUFC will still be here, but maybe with a part-time team and maybe in a lower league. It is MYFC that will be gone. Changes of ownership always happen to football clubs, especially at this level.

The more vitriolic posters on here seem to be confusing the future of MYFC with the future of EUFC. It is MYFC that will go belly up if there are not enough renewals, not EUFC. What THEY should be asking is what has happened to all the money that has already been paid in subscriptions to MYFC; and what will happen to the money raised by the sale of the EUFC shares once MYFC is no longer viable. Where will that go? Will you even know where it will go or will it just disappear into a black hole? You have never been given proper accounts for MYFC but have not taken proper action to correct that. Where have been the complaints by MYFC members to the FSA or to Companies House? What are you going to do about the money from the sale of EUFC shares when MYFC goes under? What action are you going to take?

Personally, I have no interest in where the money goes - I am not an 'owner' just a long-term supporter who has seen Fleet in various different leagues and am happy to watch them in whichever league they are in. The problems you are expecting us to take action over are problems internal to the 'owner' and so are problems you should be addressing through the appropriate authorities. Trading Standards, the ASA and the FSA are all there for this but I doubt anyone from MYFC has taken the trouble to contact them.

hmm thats a pretty good rant as it goes and near the mark as well from an ebbs fans perspective but sadly missing the whole point from a myfc members viewpoint.........of course several myfc members have reported the society to the relevant authorities and it will be interesting to see what happens next....

the thing that you do have wrong however is that the fleet will be sold....it cannot be sold without the members consent and I doubt very much that in their current frame of mind they would be disposed to allow any sale that was to an interested party's advantage and thats the only type of sale that could be forseen in the current climate...any arms length transaction for worthwhile money is hard to visualise with current losses running so high...

the fleet took the society's money...(well the ex shareholders did) a day of reckoning sadly must arrive...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

the thing that you do have wrong however is that the fleet will be sold....it cannot be sold without the members consent and I doubt very much that in their current frame of mind they would be disposed to allow any sale that was to an interested party's advantage and thats the only type of sale that could be forseen in the current climate...any arms length transaction for worthwhile money is hard to visualise with current losses running so high...

the fleet took the society's money...(well the ex shareholders did) a day of reckoning sadly must arrive...

And how much have the members been consulted on other major issues - I mean real consultation, not just votes on secondary issues which have been set up to produce the answer required by the inner circle.

Would you really expect this to be any different?

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
its a matter of legalities on that issue....any sale of the club without the members approval would be void...its one scam they won't get away with...

mind you there are enough false WT memberships to probably pull it off allowing for the current malise.......

Agreed !

As Joe Stalin said: "Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything"

Originally Posted By: oldfan

Originally Posted By: Big J R
So it seems to me, if you want to 'tow-the-party-line', you use the official site, but if you want to voice your opinion, under the Freedom Of Speech Act, then you use this one.

QED

I have 'voiced my opinion under the Freedom of Speech Act' on the official Forum about

"how many thousand quid is it going to cost the Club for the free admission?"

aff, it will cost the club nothing as myfc and the operator are paying for the tickets.

myfc are paying all the associated costs for this game alongwith operator

that was decided by a vote of myfc members. we were assured we could afford it.

As owners of the Club those thousands should have been used for other projects, like paying the weekly running costs, so in one way or another it is going to cost the Club in the long run!

Unless MuyFC have found a bottomless pit of money, members subscriptions only go so far and I think that money is long gone!

The only way it would not cost the Club anything is if you had another seperate collection!

the members are also voting on paying the weekly running costs for the next few weeks.

we have a renewal drive and an advertising/marketing campaign to retain members. the free game is all part of that and more.

the members subscription money hasnt run out yet, but we need a big renewal number in Feb.

Have you considered joining ?

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
the members are also voting on paying the weekly running costs for the next few weeks.

we have a renewal drive and an advertising/marketing campaign to retain members. the free game is all part of that and more.

the members subscription money hasnt run out yet, but we need a big renewal number in Feb.

Light blue touch paper and retire immediately

Originally Posted By: thespursfan

....And there was me thinking you might have one brain cell that had sense in it! doah wink