Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Contingency Plan?

JFW

Eufc has asked MyFC for 66K.

I guess this number correlates or at least is pretty close to the monthly operational deficit that currently burdens the club.

One might think that it would have been a better question for Hempstead Gaz to ask what the CEO has done during his period at the post to get the operational losses down,compared to asking to be moderator on a forum were these types of questions obviously isn

It should be mentioned that a staggering total of 446 MyFC members bothered to vote on the 66K cash transfer.

It certainly looks bright for all the needed renewals I must say.

Less than 100 people per week seems to be renewing..just four weeks to go.

Anything less than getting 10K-11K will mean serious trouble for Eufc even being able to finish the season I recon.

Where the money needed for summer,not to mention next season is going to come from I don

I've been reading this thread for a long time now.

At one point, I was interested in becoming a MyFC member. Thinking it would be pretty cool. But all I read on here was how the "so called" original Ebbsfleet fans, slagging off about the MyFC fans, and now this have gone onto censorship on the Official Forum. There is a lot of confusion for the average fan on here about Ebbsfleet, and I for one, will not part with $70 a year for this.

Well, you could sign up to the EUFC forum for nothing britman - and see what you think about the Ebbsfleet talk there. Although that is of course just about the club, not about MyFC Society - a distinction which many Ebbsfleet fans never fully understood. You would also be welcome to join freemyfc, the unofficial forum set up by a banned member of MyFC - this also costs nothing. We have nearly 100 members there and virtually all the banned members of MyFC post on it. All we ask is that you do not come on there to troll or use information from there aginst us on the MyFC forum - which is your case clearly wouldn't happen, as you are not a MyFC member! It's also free to join. I'll PM you x

Originally Posted By: Darter
You would also be welcome to join freemyfc, the unofficial forum set up by a banned member of MyFC - this also costs nothing. We have nearly 100 members there and virtually all the banned members of MyFC post on it. All we ask is that you do not come on there to troll or use information from there aginst us on the MyFC forum - which is your case clearly wouldn't happen, as you are not a MyFC member! It's also free to join. I'll PM you x

In all fairness Darter, why on earth would Britman want to join freemyfc? He has already stated that he has no affiliation with MyFC, only an initial interest.

Also, I am sorry Britman, that you have been discouraged to join MyFC as a result of reading this thread. Not that I am attempting to entice you in any way, but bear in mind that the only people bothering to post on this site now have very strong (often subjective) views and do not represent the MyFC collective as a whole. I am sure you are a sensible person and won't just base your opinions on what you read here.

Originally Posted By: britman
I've been reading this thread for a long time now.

At one point, I was interested in becoming a MyFC member. Thinking it would be pretty cool. But all I read on here was how the "so called" original Ebbsfleet fans, slagging off about the MyFC fans, and now this have gone onto censorship on the Official Forum. There is a lot of confusion for the average fan on here about Ebbsfleet, and I for one, will not part with $70 a year for this.

As one of the "so called" original Ebbsfleet fans I would say that I have no objection to MYFC members posting on here - many long-standing Ebbsfleet fans are also members of MYFC. The objections some of us had was to disgruntled MYFC members writing their complaints against MYFC on this forum. We wanted to discuss Ebbsfleet, not the shortcomings of MYFC.

There are a number of MYFC members who believe they did not get what they were promised from MYFC (and with good cause). However, if you have read a selection of threads on here you should by now have an understanding on what MYFC does and does not offer and can join with your eyes open. So if you do go ahead and join, you will at least know what you are getting for your money.

Personally, I am not a member of MYFC, but then I live near enough to Northfleet to get to games when work permits. As you live in the US you may well find the services that MYFC offers, such as the videos of the games, to be useful. If all you want to do is support the team, watch the games and discuss the games with other fans, then by all means join MYFC - it will enable you to do that. You can also take part in some of the promotions MYFC put on. But do not expect to 'own the club and pick the team' - to go in on that basis will leave you disappointed.

On the other hand, you could always listen to the matches on the Radio Kent internet feed (but often not the cup matches) and discuss them with the other fans on the official forum. For an overseas fan this is probably not as satisfying as being a part of MYFC. Chas does an excellent job with his commentary, but seeing the game adds that extra dimension.

Originally Posted By: ihadadream
In all fairness Darter, why on earth would Britman want to join freemyfc? He has already stated that he has no affiliation with MyFC, only an initial interest.

Recent joiner here, ihadadream? Are you MyFC glitterati, by any chance? whistle

britman could find out a lot more about MyFC if he read our forum - and what's more, he could do it at no cost. Then he could make his mind up whether or not to join MyFC.

Recent joiner here, ihadadream? Are you MyFC glitterati, by any chance? whistle

more a face over than a new joiner sal...grin

Yes,

I'm a Cheshunt Supporter, born close to there and lived there for 26 years before I emigrated to the States, so my support will also come first for them.

But the MyFC project did peak my interest, because of what it promised to do, and I thought it was sort of fun to have a small ownership in a club, with a vote. But, for over the last year, all I've seen is just what I posted in my earlier post.

I'm sure most of us have more than one club they support. I'd used to live across from Broxbourne Borough, and saw a few games there too. I also support Arsenal (though my Parents are Spurs fans). I like Non-League footy, because it was local for me and it is fun to watch.

Now, I'm hoping someone in Cheshunt can create a Supporters Trust, then I'd be happy.

Are you MyFC glitterati, by any chance? whistle

No

britman could find out a lot more about MyFC if he read our forum - and what's more, he could do it at no cost. Then he could make his mind up whether or not to join MyFC.

Prevention instead of cure?

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
more a face over than a new joiner sal...

And no. tongue

But the MyFC project did peak my interest, because of what it promised to do, and I thought it was sort of fun to have a small ownership in a club, with a vote. But, for over the last year, all I've seen is just what I posted in my earlier post.

I am genuinely sorry that you haven

MyFC is practically dead as I see it.

Parting with 35 quids now I think only is to wash it down the drain.I think you would get practically nothing.MyFC will need a minimum of 15K members to stay alive,and I do think February will show they will not be able to reach those numbers.Around 24K is up for renewals February 19.

At least wait til end of February to see IF they gonna stay alive,and in what shape.

MyFC fails because it didn

Are you MyFC glitterati, by any chance? whistle

No

Prevention instead of cure?

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
more a face over than a new joiner sal...

And no. tongue

I am genuinely sorry that you haven