Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Contingency Plan?

JFW

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Probably time the mods locked this thread. It is going nowhere even slower than the 'building bridges' thread.
Mr Davis has said all that he or we need to hear or read about.
It was widely reported on the BBC and locally in the Distorter.
All we have left are embittered, disillusioned, banned MYFC members gloating that their club is in it's death throes, that they support Dartford anyway, but they paid their

I apologise if I come across that way Dan. My only point is that there is a good chance MyFC will have to withdraw from ownership of EUFC at the end of season (for purely financially reasons). It seems a lot of EUFC fans are sitting around expecting MyFC to come up with a contigency plan. Why? The vast majority of legacy EUFC never wanted MyFC's involvement in their club in the first place. Surely the onus is on the EUFC fans, who will always care more about the club than some jonny-come-lately internet consortium (although I don't many MyFCers have formed a strong bond to EUFC, they mostly have other clubs that they 'really' support, who will always take precedence if push comes to shove). So it's down to the EUFC fans to come up with the Plan B, the Contingency Option to keep the club going beyond May '09. I hope and pray the EUFC fans are doing that. Otherwise all their criticisms of MyFC seem somewhat hollow - if MyFCers and FreeMyFCs are trying to come up with a rescue plan and EUFC fans aren't, then who are the ones that really have EUFC's best interests at heart? It's not pessimism, it's realism. Don't leave it too late. You don't want to have to start following Dartford (or worse, Charlton) next season as they're your nearest club? Keep EUFC going. Mobilise the Fleet Trust. Wake up the local population and drag their sorry arses down to Stonebridge Road. Find a fan with deep pockets. Tap up Eurostar for a share in the club. Whatever. Just F****** Do It.

Originally Posted By: clowntown
You don't want to have to start following Dartford (or worse, Charlton) next season as they're your nearest club?

Off on a bit of a tangent but I wonder how many people, if their club went bust, would pop up the road to watch the nearest other side instead?

No way would I. If the Fleet went, I just wouldn't go to football anymore.

Originally Posted By: Stu M
You don't want to have to start following Dartford (or worse, Charlton) next season as they're your nearest club?

Off on a bit of a tangent but I wonder how many people, if their club went bust, would pop up the road to watch the nearest other side instead?

No way would I. If the Fleet went, I just wouldn't go to football anymore.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek for dramatic effect. I agree with you. I supect that if EUFC did, for whatever reason, cease to exist, the same thing would happen that has at other clubs; ie a new club called Ebbsfleet (or more likely Gravesend and/or Northfleet) would be formed, playing several rungs lower down the pyramid, and attracting many of the most hardcore EUFC supporters.

Why would that be so unpopular?

We have been there before, as you well know, we have had club legends playing at that level, in front of crowds only slightly less than those of today.

I and most of the 1000 regulars would rather watch G&N, part time in the Rymans league and breaking even or a making a small profit than continuing at this level, full time, with the continued and ongoing worry of going bust at any time.

It seems a lot of EUFC fans are sitting around expecting MyFC to come up with a contigency plan.

No. Wrong.

We are not expecting MYFC to do this.

The club has a board of directors and employs a CEO. It is their job to run the club. If the majority shareholders gets into a position where it has to sell it's shares and can no longer subsidise the club, then it is up to them to negotiate with whoever buys the shares or else to set budgets according to the funds available. If that means part-time football and demotion, then so be it. We are just back to where we were a year ago.

So it's down to the EUFC fans to come up with the Plan B, the Contingency Option to keep the club going beyond May '09.

Wrong again.

If the fans have ideas for sustaining the club beyond Feb '09, then we should pass them on to the CEO in private, not publicise them on an open forum so that every other club can see what we are up to.

As with any limited company, it is the board of directors who have this responsibility. As fans, we will want to see the club continue and so will want to contribute whatever ideas we may have. However, the overall strategy is the responsibility of the directors. It is up to them to sift through ideas, weigh up options, and put contingency plans in place.

If you left it to the fans you would end up with any number of contradictory and, in some cases, unworkable plans. Of course, the fans can come up with ideas (but not on a public forum), but leave it to the professionals to finalise and implement the plans.

Originally Posted By: billy nick
Something in place? dreamers, maybe the crowds will come flooding back, 277 for the kent derby with Dover or the massive 285 that turned up tuesday night for the shield.
After watching you all taking the piss out of people that cared, i will defend those that you have a dig at, and look forward to feb with relish!!!
As i see it, with 30,000 owners, if 10% of you were to turn up for each home game we wouldnt have a financial problem and you wouldnt need to pay the annual

That won't happen because those who are so critical of the 'heads in the sand' local fans

Or "f---ing ret@rds" as we're all quoted as being by somebody on another forum .

Mr Mushroom has hit the nail on the head for me. Fans as a group, plucked from a forum or from the terraces or wherever, aren't the kind of body to save a football club without some kind of organised leadership, certainly not before the fat lady has sung and administrators have moved in or demotion is in motion or even a return to part-time status is enacted (which as mentioned is merely a fallback to the position of a year ago anyway).

Sure, we can have ideas, plans, schemes, whatever, but they need to be channelled through the right areas with some form of recognised leadership. MyFC has/had the website and its board as a form of leadership; currently the club has a CEO and directors; post-MyFC - if that happens - Fleet fans have the Fleet Trust and must take some direction from the club's current or new owners whoever they may be to decide a course of action because none of us know the full picture. You can't just expect fans to rise up and run a football club now, before the current owners have moved aside.

Plenty of fans have saved their club, but usually after the sh!t has hit the fan or at least once they've know exactly how much sh!t there is. Weymouth are in that situation now but the fans can do little until there is some kind of resolution about a new owner for their club.

We did it before in the mid-Eighties when fans became directors and saved the club from extinction. If it needs to happen again, then the Trust or similar will be required to provide the leadership to make it work.

Originally Posted By: Stu M
If it needs to happen again, then the Trust or similar will be required to provide the leadership to make it work.

In all probablity, the Fleet Trust will own (or be in charge of finding others who want to own) EUFC as of next May. I see no other - logistical, let alone practical - alternative. All hands on deck at the Fleet Trust, I guess... Good luck, seriously and sincerely to all EUFC fans who give damn. I know all of you on this forum do, but that's, what, 20 people...?

That won't happen because those who are so critical of the 'heads in the sand' local fans don't care a fig for the club.
How many games have Clowtown and Claudius been to, as 2 examples.

No idea how many games Claudius, whoever he, is has been to, but I (if you mean EUFC games) haven't been to any, and I never will ever ever ever. Why should I? Or are you judging the MyFCers not just on the fact they have stymied your bankruptcy for a season, but also on whether they turn up to see your wayward team play or not. Adopted children are never going to be as loved as birth children. That you somehow thing you should be speaks more of your arrogance than the logic of your situation. To be fair, you make me cry.