Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
JFW

The Contingency Plan?

I only came to see how many, if any, Daish out threads there were. (This is a joke based on the past...)

The club is exploding from within it seems. I sat on the fence on this MyFC stuff, saying I preferred to see how it all panned out. How the f*** are the losses 55k a month? I recall the club announcing the landlord had given free rent on Stonebridge Road, the players can't be being paid THAT much surely?

Only one person on a nice earner in all of this, eh Mr. Will Brooks.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Originally Posted By: FleetFanatic
Blimey. 6 months away and it's all ending in tears.

Most of us can be found here these days.
A proper, troll free, Fleet forum.
I found that one when I clicked on it via son of confguide.

Having said all that, wasn't there some rumours though that even if we didn't have any (playing ??) staff, we would still be running at a loss?

How does that work?

We've cleared all our loans I am led to believe, but f*ck knows whats going on about Fleet Leisure...

Originally Posted By: Paul McCarthy
What

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

So I have heard, as an old Bowaters Club member, I would like to know how it is running at a loss! Bad management comes to mind!

Something to do with there being no "Bowaters" plant (or any of its incarnations) left springs to mind, Les...

You misunderstood. I know Bowaters have gone, but when it was owned by them it was a profit making venture.

Two bars. a function hall, that was always fully booked(Weddings and big star Cabaret nights) two Football Pitches a Bowls Green and Squash Courts. How come the Club/Council take over and it runs at a loss?

It is a shame to see the turmoil at Ebbsfleet but not unexpected.

The MYFC scam was always just that, a nice little earner for the boys that came up with it.

I would hope you boys could get your Trust organised and take over the rump of your club, we did it at Exeter and five years down the road it is paying huge benefit, sadly I suspect that you do not have the critical mass that history and geography gave us.

Good luck.

I have a friend who was on the old Bowaters Club committee and while I haven't spoken to him I believe the club was owned by the members through their yearly subs but was 'heavily' susidised by Bowaters and was non profit making. It was successful because the Club Manager organised many functions and shows, which brought in cash.

It started to go downhill after Bowaters relinquished it and then the Manager retired, I suspect it was dying when 'Fleet Leisure' acquired it but they have seemingly not done much to revive it as I understand there are now very few functions!

I do so hate the expression, 'I told you so' !!

.......... BUT.

The concept,the original concept..not only could have worked,but should have worked.There is no buts about it.

The problem,the all over shadowing problem was and is that the boys at the top of MyFC screwed the original concept up..and did it big time.

Sure,buying a club like Eufc...this strictly speaking from a MyFC point of view..was always the wrong decision from the get go.Too small potential,too big a bite to chew off right from the go(with the major part of the initial 30K members fees going straight down into the pockets of the previous owners as repayment of debt that occured long before MyFC).

We should have gone with starting a new club all from scratch OR buying an existing one in say..Dudley..where the potential is so much higher.

This said,the original concept did work..30K+ people from all over the frekkin world signing up to it is all the proof anyone would need..but the day Will Brooks started messing with the original concept..that was the day MyFC did die.

It is really simple.Despite popular view..normal and average Joe ain

These are your views and you are entitled to your views. You're probably right for some things. But what I don't understand is a lot of your posts on here seem to be directing the blame at the fans who have had nothing to do with any of this... we can't determine what happens to our club we just turn up and support. Not sure how you seem to think we all deserve this to happen to our club.

Maybe your views would be more respected if you were a bit more fair with your comments on this forum and aim your venom at MyFC rather than the club and the fans? Realistically we can't save our club like you keep saying... what can we do? We can't do anything that is sustainable. We can demand answers but it's not going to help any situation... You can be as bitter as you like about MyFC, nobody can blame you for that but the more you direct your bitterness at the support the more your views are going to be rubbished...

MyFC own all the debts surely? That's the image created when this venture first started, how if it all went the wrong, the fans would still be left with a club. Or was this a pack of lies too???

Right,regarding the fans of Eufc..you never did get it from square one,that can indeed be forgiven.

However,treating your club like another Coldplay concert isn

I mean..do you know how many potential fans and posters you lot drove away from this exact forum from the time to the takeover..and the months that followed?

It is probably better you don

Claudius,

I doubt very much that people on this forum or any other forum damaged the amount of potential new supporters of the club. People can simply lose interest. People who signed up to MyFC were from all over the country... all over the world. You would have to be dedicated to go to matches if you're living in somewhere like Dundee or indeed anywhere from the north or far away(congrats Yorkfox wink ) Even if everyone here was supportive of newcomers at the beginning, I doubt the attendances and renewals would be any more than they are now. That is just being realistic.

One of the main reasons I think that people are turning their backs on MyFC is because they didn't get what they were promised, a chance to pick the team. They signed up and paid for something that they never got (not to tar everyone with the same brush - there are a lot who simply wanted to feel part of a new club). Of course the locals are going to be against the concept of PTT anyway but at the end of the day, it was put to a vote and people voted to let Liam do the team selections. That is not the fault of the local fans. There are thousands of new people who could have voted to pick the team and most of them didn't. I'm guessing a lot of those thousands of people have never even heard of Fans Focus let alone been on it. Another reason I would have thought would be the people who signed up amongst the hype... got bored and didn't come back one day? I'm sure a lot of people have done that. All of the discussions are on the internet and some people spend more time on the internet than others.

Internet forums tend to have vast numbers of people sign up and then get bored with them rapidly and move onto the next - MyFC is no exception... I belong to another forum with over fifty thousand members - how many actively contribute to it ? Four hundred and fifty.... and this is very much the norm as opposed to the exception....

That's why I've always expected the MyFC experiment to fail - it's nothing to do with the local fans, PTT or your leader, Uncle Will - it's because internet forums don't survive by relying on the masses - even free forums fail on that score.

Claudius, competely unfounded and illogical posts which are just a rehash some old arguments.....I think you have been sniffing around FreeMyFC a bit too much.

Local fans are responsible for little if any of the problems of MyFC, the vast majority not being members and are only interested in their Saturday afternoon football........

How about we turn things around, and fans look to, I presume, owners like you. Owners like you who have allowed any difficulties to develop. Owners like you who have sat on the sidelines doing nothing yet feel justified coming on here berating a largely innocent fan base for things over which they have no control.

It is in fact you as an owner who had a chance to change things, but no you walked away, it was all too difficult....easier to come on here instead, bemoaning the fact that one man and a few programmers were too much opposition for the collective will of 30,000 members.

So Claudius, before you post on here again, think why the fans shouldn't hold you personally responsible, in part, for the problems you imagine. Responsible because of your gutless abdication of care and responsibility which you took on as an owner of this football club.