Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Contingency Plan?

JFW

These are your views and you are entitled to your views. You're probably right for some things. But what I don't understand is a lot of your posts on here seem to be directing the blame at the fans who have had nothing to do with any of this... we can't determine what happens to our club we just turn up and support. Not sure how you seem to think we all deserve this to happen to our club.

Maybe your views would be more respected if you were a bit more fair with your comments on this forum and aim your venom at MyFC rather than the club and the fans? Realistically we can't save our club like you keep saying... what can we do? We can't do anything that is sustainable. We can demand answers but it's not going to help any situation... You can be as bitter as you like about MyFC, nobody can blame you for that but the more you direct your bitterness at the support the more your views are going to be rubbished...

Claudius,

I doubt very much that people on this forum or any other forum damaged the amount of potential new supporters of the club. People can simply lose interest. People who signed up to MyFC were from all over the country... all over the world. You would have to be dedicated to go to matches if you're living in somewhere like Dundee or indeed anywhere from the north or far away(congrats Yorkfox wink ) Even if everyone here was supportive of newcomers at the beginning, I doubt the attendances and renewals would be any more than they are now. That is just being realistic.

One of the main reasons I think that people are turning their backs on MyFC is because they didn't get what they were promised, a chance to pick the team. They signed up and paid for something that they never got (not to tar everyone with the same brush - there are a lot who simply wanted to feel part of a new club). Of course the locals are going to be against the concept of PTT anyway but at the end of the day, it was put to a vote and people voted to let Liam do the team selections. That is not the fault of the local fans. There are thousands of new people who could have voted to pick the team and most of them didn't. I'm guessing a lot of those thousands of people have never even heard of Fans Focus let alone been on it. Another reason I would have thought would be the people who signed up amongst the hype... got bored and didn't come back one day? I'm sure a lot of people have done that. All of the discussions are on the internet and some people spend more time on the internet than others.

Internet forums tend to have vast numbers of people sign up and then get bored with them rapidly and move onto the next - MyFC is no exception... I belong to another forum with over fifty thousand members - how many actively contribute to it ? Four hundred and fifty.... and this is very much the norm as opposed to the exception....

That's why I've always expected the MyFC experiment to fail - it's nothing to do with the local fans, PTT or your leader, Uncle Will - it's because internet forums don't survive by relying on the masses - even free forums fail on that score.

Claudius, competely unfounded and illogical posts which are just a rehash some old arguments.....I think you have been sniffing around FreeMyFC a bit too much.

Local fans are responsible for little if any of the problems of MyFC, the vast majority not being members and are only interested in their Saturday afternoon football........

How about we turn things around, and fans look to, I presume, owners like you. Owners like you who have allowed any difficulties to develop. Owners like you who have sat on the sidelines doing nothing yet feel justified coming on here berating a largely innocent fan base for things over which they have no control.

It is in fact you as an owner who had a chance to change things, but no you walked away, it was all too difficult....easier to come on here instead, bemoaning the fact that one man and a few programmers were too much opposition for the collective will of 30,000 members.

So Claudius, before you post on here again, think why the fans shouldn't hold you personally responsible, in part, for the problems you imagine. Responsible because of your gutless abdication of care and responsibility which you took on as an owner of this football club.

I see that Eufc fans has started to call for Daish to get the sack.There might be one way open for you to accomplish that.

Paradox..let MyFC PTT.Daish might well walk if being presented with the starting lineup,and the club will be free from the contract with him.

You save money this way..you got nothing to lose IMO.

Daish will probably get you relegated looking at the trend and the rather long serie of recent results.

It is up to you,once again.Will you do the right thing?

I am not holding my breath,let me assure you of that!

Claudius, get yourself clued up.

Go back a few years on this forum and look at the discussions that took place when GNFC first moved to full-time professional status. At that time, most people realised that the move was not sustainable unless attendances increased dramatically. Most doubted that would happen. Long-standing GNFC/EUFC fans understand that the full-time, professional football that is needed to be consistently successful at conference level is not sustainable in Gravesham because there is not the level of support for the football team.

When MYFC turned up in 2007/2008 the team was on the point of having to go back to part-time football. At worst, MYFC have delayed that by one year. If enough people renew, we might get a second year. But there is one thing we understand all too well - without an external source of funds EUFC cannot remain full-time professional.

So talk of contingency plans or action plans just shows a complete lack of understanding of the financial realities of football at this level.

To put it simply, we are too close to London and the premiership teams there. Too many football fans from this area travel up to London to watch football. This makes it nigh on impossible to get the attendances needed to fund a full-time team. As a result we have to look/hope for a succession of rich owners who are prepared to sink a lot of money into it before their coffers are exhausted and they pass it on to another owner. MYFC is just one of those owners. When they sell their shares, someone else will become the owner(s). That is the way non-league football works here (and to a large extent, so does football at all levels).

Full-time professional status has been a great experiment. Maybe it will last a bit longer, maybe not. If it does not last, then it will not be a disaster. The club will continue in its old form. And I, for one, will still be supporting it.

It will probably worry you Mr Mushroom,but I do agree with your last post here.

Strictly looking from a MyFC perspective,it was a disastrous decision to buy the club EUFC.Who do you think was the man behind the purchase?It might even be so,that the purchase was agreed on in principle as early as March 07.

Strictly looking from a MyFC perspective,the wise decision when the society indeed had the money from 25K+ members would have been to start from scratch with a new club in an area where the potential for growth would have been maximized..or perhaps tried to buy a low level club in an area with much greater potential than Gravesham/Northfleet/Swanscombe could ever offer.

I would have liked Dudley myself..low level team in a pretty big town with some potential in the surrounding areas as well.

Fulltime professional status will be disastrous for you sooner or later.What happens the day the club isn