Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Daish to AFC Wimbledon......

StuThompson

Yet another rumour ...... or is it? Woking, Oxford United and now AFC Wimbledon plus one or two others if my memory serves me right.

Who could blame him going what with all the uncertainty that surrounds this club.

It may just be a rumour, but as the saying goes there is no smoke without fire and if the February nightmare scenario proves to be correct Daish has said how ambitious he is and as such I am sure he would be out of the door like a bullet.

Woking and Oxford have had thier own financial problems and as such i expect he wouldnt look at them... not sure about wombles, but if they are financially more stable i wouldnt blame him - though they have been threatening for years to do something (a bit like us) and never actually getting anywhere!

all conjecture at this point though.

Originally Posted By: Richard C
.. not sure about wombles, but if they are financially more stable i wouldnt blame him - though they have been threatening for years to do something (a bit like us) and never actually getting anywhere!

...er weren't they promoted last year with gates probably twice the size of ours and are currently 4th in the connie south.

Yep - but havent they been around for years threatening and not doing??!! anyway - i see us as a bigger prospect than AFC... I dont see them having a much bigger catchment area or target audience going forward. They are what they are as an AFC and if people arent on board now i cant see many more wanting to be??!!

Anyway im not overly fussed anymore...

Woking and Oxford have had thier own financial problems and as such i expect he wouldnt look at them... not sure about wombles, but if they are financially more stable i wouldnt blame him - though they have been threatening for years to do something (a bit like us) and never actually getting anywhere!

richard, i think your way off the mark on this,they are nothing like us.In 2002 afc wimbledon started out at level 9,theyve shot up through the divisions to reach con south and are well placed for the play offs.They are a well run club, own their own ground,they have a big following and are situated in a large residential area.If daish was offered the job he would jump at it, just like most of the non league managers would.Having said this i cant see them changing their manager in the near future.

As mentioned in an earlier post, CCL to 4th in Conf South in 6 years is not too shabby! Anyhow, Daish becoming Dons Manager anytime soon is about as likely as Santa coming down my chimney on Thursday week - and I don't have a chimney wink Brown secured promotion in his first season and has us handily placed in a new league, currently in a play-off position. Together with a lucrative FA Cup run this season, hardly a Manager that's likely to be despatched in a hurry! And yes I know we lost to Uxbridge in the trophy cry