Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So who got our second last night?

finisterre

The Urchins website gives it to BWG, but they could well just be copying my Twitter from last night, where I announced BWG (I was guessing!). Or maybe they'd rather not have it down as an O.G.!

BWG himself is only claiming one from last night - so he obviously doesn't think it was his.

I'll check the video.

Looks like Billys to me? See if you can work it out:-

http://www.afchornchurch.com/multimedia/videos/2008/Billericay3.wmv

I wrote the completely unbiased report which is on the HFC forum - at the time I thought it was the number seven, Bradley Wood-Garness (spelling as per the official team sheet, but not too sure if it is correct).

We confirmed this at the end of ninety mins by asking the linesman, and he said it was the number seven. Looking at the video of the match, I would now say it was the number ten, Billy Bricknell. Some of the BT supporters did think it was an own goal but others also said number seven.

Finisterre - can you let me know what you think please?

For BT supporters, I always write the report immediately I get home, and then check it to the video the following day, hence at times the scorer and the way the goal is scored does get amended, but I have checked the video several times and I would say that it was Billy Bricknell.

Please note - it was not an own goal as Hornchurch players do not score own goals - ever.

I would say it should be given to the number ten, Billy Bricknell.

"STRIKER IN GOAL CLAIM SHOCK"

Well as you might expect for a striker, Billy is claiming the goal.

I asked my question on the Isthmian forum, and it's been said that league rules state that it's down to the home club to report score, attendance, goalscorers etc.

So I guess we'll just have to wait for next week's Ryman Bulletin and see what Hx have reported.

I know this was the ESC and not the league, but I guess the rules will be the same and the Ryman Bulletin DOES report on ESC matches.

Originally Posted By: finisterre
So I guess we'll just have to wait for next week's Ryman Bulletin and see what Hx have reported.

I reported the match details to the Ryman League, but I'm afraid I got this one hopelessly wrong, so don't believe anything you read in the Ryman Bulletin!

I was at the other end of the ground when the goal went in, so I went down to the Director's Box to ask if anyone knew who scored. Apart from "dunno" the only other response I got (albeit half-hearted) was "the number 8". Adrian Deane owes me a beer!