Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
finisterre

So who got our second last night?

BWG? Billy? or O.G. ?

I need to know to update the scorers on the fixtures page of the website.

I asked this question before, but I'll try again - who decides who a goal is credited to?

I thought it was an OG possibly by the 11.

Was Billy the closest Ricay player in attendance?

If you look at the video Billy s lack of celebration tends to indicate an OG

The Urchins website gives it to BWG, but they could well just be copying my Twitter from last night, where I announced BWG (I was guessing!). Or maybe they'd rather not have it down as an O.G.!

BWG himself is only claiming one from last night - so he obviously doesn't think it was his.

I'll check the video.

I can't see that it was BWG as he put the ball in in the first place.

I'm sure it hadn't crossed the line before someone put it away, which would either have been Billy or an OG.

My money's on an own goal

Looks like Billys to me? See if you can work it out:-

http://www.afchornchurch.com/multimedia/videos/2008/Billericay3.wmv

I wrote the completely unbiased report which is on the HFC forum - at the time I thought it was the number seven, Bradley Wood-Garness (spelling as per the official team sheet, but not too sure if it is correct).

We confirmed this at the end of ninety mins by asking the linesman, and he said it was the number seven. Looking at the video of the match, I would now say it was the number ten, Billy Bricknell. Some of the BT supporters did think it was an own goal but others also said number seven.

Finisterre - can you let me know what you think please?

For BT supporters, I always write the report immediately I get home, and then check it to the video the following day, hence at times the scorer and the way the goal is scored does get amended, but I have checked the video several times and I would say that it was Billy Bricknell.

Please note - it was not an own goal as Hornchurch players do not score own goals - ever.

I would say it should be given to the number ten, Billy Bricknell.

Well it's definitely not Woods-Garness (note correct spelling). The video shows as much, and he's not claiming it.

I've sent a message to Billy Bricknell to see what he thinks. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

"STRIKER IN GOAL CLAIM SHOCK"

Well as you might expect for a striker, Billy is claiming the goal.

I asked my question on the Isthmian forum, and it's been said that league rules state that it's down to the home club to report score, attendance, goalscorers etc.

So I guess we'll just have to wait for next week's Ryman Bulletin and see what Hx have reported.

I know this was the ESC and not the league, but I guess the rules will be the same and the Ryman Bulletin DOES report on ESC matches.

I would go for OG also.

But if it help,s raise Billy,s tally over the season then i for one would be quite happy to be swayed away from the OG call.

Originally Posted By: finisterre
So I guess we'll just have to wait for next week's Ryman Bulletin and see what Hx have reported.

I reported the match details to the Ryman League, but I'm afraid I got this one hopelessly wrong, so don't believe anything you read in the Ryman Bulletin!

Originally Posted By: Kel

I reported the match details to the Ryman League, but I'm afraid I got this one hopelessly wrong, so don't believe anything you read in the Ryman Bulletin!

What did you report Kel?

I was at the other end of the ground when the goal went in, so I went down to the Director's Box to ask if anyone knew who scored. Apart from "dunno" the only other response I got (albeit half-hearted) was "the number 8". Adrian Deane owes me a beer!

Originally Posted By: The Town Crier

If all it takes is a beer can I claim it?

I'll get an email off to the league straight away!

If Billy is claiming it, that's good enough for me.

When Kel asked who scored, my reply was 'I thought it was number seven' - but the video clearly shows that number eight put the ball over, Dale could not hold it, and number ten just got there first. As HFC never score own goals, the goal has to be given to Billy Bricknell. The reason I thought it was number seven is that he was standing a yard of so to the left of the ball, and the number eight congratulated him straight away. There was some possibility that the ball was already over the line when Dale parried it (ie when Adrian Deane cut in from the right and crossed / tried a shot), but the video seems to rule this out as well.

I was so certain it was number seven I did not even think to ask any of the players afterwards - but well done Billy, it is definitely your goal.