Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v oxford

In past seasons I always bought a season ticket, this season due to financial difficulties, but nothing to do with the recent 'Credit Crunch' I put it off. A slight change in my shift hours made it impossible to attend mid-week games, so I thought I'd get a cheaper mini season ticket, I never got around to buying one.

Money being tight, paying on the day became expensive too, so I can't remember the last game I attended, I know it was back in September sometime. I spoke to a friend and member of the Board and we agreed that after last seasons Trophy win and with adequate finances in place, we were never in a better position to realise everyones ambitions, and go for promotion. I think we lost that day.

Losing 1-0 to Grays and 5-1 Oxford, has put the nail in the coffin for this season, again. It seems from this fans view, on the outside looking in, that the club has purchased a team of lazy, greedy money grabbers. With everyones financial futures unsure, part-time football must be the sensible step forward and possibly a drop down a league or two.

I doubt I can afford to return this season, and it's unlikely I'll return again with the present set up. The side we have has no knowledge of our history, little loyalty and certainly no soul. It just doesn't feel the same anymore.

Originally Posted By: afcmightymole
the players should be very ashamed they don't deserve to wear the ebbsfleet shirt

get some players in the transfer window

A 5-1 thrashing can be suffered by a team of players that wear their shirts with pride & have tried their hardest on the day. Don't confuse your own frustration with a lack of commitment from the team.

Originally Posted By: Red Neck

Money being tight, paying on the day became expensive too, so I can't remember the last game I attended, I know it was back in September sometime.... The side we have has no knowledge of our history, little loyalty and certainly no soul. It just doesn't feel the same anymore.

With the greatest respect, RK, you cannot judge the loyalty & soul of a side you have scarcely seen play this season. Did you watch the away win at Crawley on tv? Was that the performance of a side without drive, commitment & belief? Certainly not, though all those things are missing at the moment. It doesn't mean they never existed, nor that, in the right circumstances, they won't return.