Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new EUFC forum - deceitful tricks

Darter

...personally I think that it is great that in general those who only want to be negative, rubbish the club and all those who want to try to do something positive are not being allowed on the new site. I know it is censorship but for the overall good I say.

All the free speechers who want to put their bile out there can still come on here.

Originally Posted By: behindthegoal
...personally I think that it is great that in general those who only want to be negative, rubbish the club and all those who want to try to do something positive are not being allowed on the new site. I know it is censorship but for the overall good I say. All the free speechers who want to put their bile out there can still come on here.

I wouldn't mind betting Stalin said something similar, at one time or another!

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Hempstead Gaz raised the issue of bannings on the Official Forum.....................And the silence is deafening!

Who knows? Its nothing really to do with anyone but the forum mods and those who were silenced - and thats the way it should stay really.

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Hempstead Gaz raised the issue of bannings on the Official Forum.....................And the silence is deafening!

Who knows? Its nothing really to do with anyone but the forum mods and those who were silenced - and thats the way it should stay really.

I disagree...................What is to stop any of us suddenly being banned and never given a reason?
It was obvious when the new site was started, it wasd so the Club could have total control over the posters. Older members will probably remember when we were threatened here, that the Club would close this site down if people didn't stop criticising the Club, fortunately, they didn't have the power to do so!

I disagree...................What is to stop any of us suddenly being banned and never given a reason?

Sorry AFF - I didn't make it clear - maybe they have been given a reason?
Darter admitted that her PM facility still works, so its likely she was informed - even if it was AFTER the event...

Sorry AFF - I didn't make it clear - maybe they have been given a reason?
Darter admitted that her PM facility still works, so its likely she was informed - even if it was AFTER the event...

Okay................So why doesn't the Admin explain to all of us, why they did it and if they gave reasons, so we can put this one to bed for once and for all? Silence from Admin just fuels the fire!

Okay................So why doesn't the Admin explain to all of us, why they did it and if they gave reasons, so we can put this one to bed for once and for all? Silence from Admin just fuels the fire!

Maybe cos it's no-one else's business...?

I didnt see admin here posting statements when HJA was banned, or when others complained about profiles altered...

Its just the way forums are - remember, the mod (or mods) are only doing this part-time, and voluntary - and this is one way to ensure their work load is minimised!!

Not all censorship need be Stalinist. I'm sure Churchill has plenty of material censored well into this century too.

Sometimes censorship is needed to protect the tinier brains amongst us. And before you ask, yes, that probably includes me.

I didnt see admin here posting statements when HJA was banned, or when others complained about profiles altered...

Its just the way forums are - remember, the mod (or mods) are only doing this part-time, and voluntary - and this is one way to ensure their work load is minimised!!

Yes exactly, nobody could answer on here when I asked those in charge why HJA was banned from this site. So why should these people get an explanation so urgently?

So I am banned from the new site for the sole reason that I post to another forum, freemyfc.com?

I've only posted on FF a few times, nothing negative.

I've been following the Fleet and listening to just about every Fleet match on the internet for over a year now.

So I am anti MyFC, so were most of the people here.

And no, I got no message, and no response to my PM's on the new forum.

Originally Posted By: Stu M

Not all censorship need be Stalinist. I'm sure Churchill has plenty of material censored well into this century too.

Sometimes censorship is needed to protect the tinier brains amongst us. And before you ask, yes, that probably includes me.

Of course there is censorship to protect people, but here?
It is funny nobody will answer the questions on the banning, but when people wanted those posters banned here, suddenly up popped the Mods saying they couldn't ban anyone!

Originally Posted By: Hannah

Yes exactly, nobody could answer on here when I asked those in charge why HJA was banned from this site. So why should these people get an explanation so urgently?

Could, or would?

Originally Posted By: Hannah

Could, or would?

OK I did get some response but it was one that skirted round the answer. I just got told he was "abusive" on the free myfc site. No clear answer as to why he was banned on this site. He had behaved himself on this site at the time he was banned. It was clearly a case of 'you've annoyed me one site so I'll ban you from another.'

And as Jeff said... it works both ways.

If people are going to act unfairly then those people should expect unfair treatment in return.