Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Darter

The new EUFC forum - deceitful tricks

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Hempstead Gaz raised the issue of bannings on the Official Forum.....................And the silence is deafening!

Who knows? Its nothing really to do with anyone but the forum mods and those who were silenced - and thats the way it should stay really.

I disagree...................What is to stop any of us suddenly being banned and never given a reason?
It was obvious when the new site was started, it wasd so the Club could have total control over the posters. Older members will probably remember when we were threatened here, that the Club would close this site down if people didn't stop criticising the Club, fortunately, they didn't have the power to do so!

I disagree...................What is to stop any of us suddenly being banned and never given a reason?

Sorry AFF - I didn't make it clear - maybe they have been given a reason?
Darter admitted that her PM facility still works, so its likely she was informed - even if it was AFTER the event...

Sorry AFF - I didn't make it clear - maybe they have been given a reason?
Darter admitted that her PM facility still works, so its likely she was informed - even if it was AFTER the event...

Okay................So why doesn't the Admin explain to all of us, why they did it and if they gave reasons, so we can put this one to bed for once and for all? Silence from Admin just fuels the fire!

Okay................So why doesn't the Admin explain to all of us, why they did it and if they gave reasons, so we can put this one to bed for once and for all? Silence from Admin just fuels the fire!

Maybe cos it's no-one else's business...?

I didnt see admin here posting statements when HJA was banned, or when others complained about profiles altered...

Its just the way forums are - remember, the mod (or mods) are only doing this part-time, and voluntary - and this is one way to ensure their work load is minimised!!

I wouldn't mind betting Stalin said something similar, at one time or another!

Not all censorship need be Stalinist. I'm sure Churchill has plenty of material censored well into this century too.

Sometimes censorship is needed to protect the tinier brains amongst us. And before you ask, yes, that probably includes me.

I didnt see admin here posting statements when HJA was banned, or when others complained about profiles altered...

Its just the way forums are - remember, the mod (or mods) are only doing this part-time, and voluntary - and this is one way to ensure their work load is minimised!!

Yes exactly, nobody could answer on here when I asked those in charge why HJA was banned from this site. So why should these people get an explanation so urgently?

So I am banned from the new site for the sole reason that I post to another forum, freemyfc.com?

I've only posted on FF a few times, nothing negative.

I've been following the Fleet and listening to just about every Fleet match on the internet for over a year now.

So I am anti MyFC, so were most of the people here.

And no, I got no message, and no response to my PM's on the new forum.

Originally Posted By: Stu M

I wouldn't mind betting Stalin said something similar, at one time or another!

Not all censorship need be Stalinist. I'm sure Churchill has plenty of material censored well into this century too.

Sometimes censorship is needed to protect the tinier brains amongst us. And before you ask, yes, that probably includes me.

Of course there is censorship to protect people, but here?
It is funny nobody will answer the questions on the banning, but when people wanted those posters banned here, suddenly up popped the Mods saying they couldn't ban anyone!

Originally Posted By: Hannah

Yes exactly, nobody could answer on here when I asked those in charge why HJA was banned from this site. So why should these people get an explanation so urgently?

Could, or would?

Of course there is censorship to protect people, but here?

Well, yeah, clearly an exaggeration on my part.

A bit like comparisons to Stalin... wink

Could, or would?

OK I did get some response but it was one that skirted round the answer. I just got told he was "abusive" on the free myfc site. No clear answer as to why he was banned on this site. He had behaved himself on this site at the time he was banned. It was clearly a case of 'you've annoyed me one site so I'll ban you from another.'

And as Jeff said... it works both ways.

If people are going to act unfairly then those people should expect unfair treatment in return.

If people are going to act unfairly then those people should expect unfair treatment in return.

And how does this apply to me? I didn't ban anyone.

What self-serving posts on here! If you read my original post, my objection is to the underhand bit of web trickery that has been used to make it look as if I and two of my friends can post, whereas in fact our posts are invisible. I have now had 2 PMs from David Davis and he isn't happy about it and is looking into it. I know and like David and have met him on several occasions, as well as exchanging emails with him over the last year. I believe that (as I said above) this is the work of the Web Team who have built that site. I have been told by technical experts how such a trick can be built into a site - it is perfectly possible. David will not want that to continue, as it is sly and deceitful.

I object to suggestions made on this thread that I might have received a PM banning me from the EUFC forum. I have not received any such PM, and anyway, there is no reason to ban me. People who can't post on freemyfc now might find that it is because they were happy to read what was said on there and then occasionally misrepresent banned members on the MyFC site. I think that is a little different, don't you ...???

Originally Posted By: Claudius
Where is Blanc BTW?

Has he really gone into hiding?

Quite funny that..:-)

Not gone into hiding, just drastically reduced any time on here because the place has been taken over by half witted imbeciles like yourself.

As for the matter at hand, as far as I know, no one has been banned on the EUFC site, nor have I received any messages from anyone telling me that they've been banned or anything like that.

Originally Posted By: Darter
Ask your pals Ratzanski and co ... they have been playing little games behind the boss's back ...

If you're gonna be rude about someone, why should I wink

And Mr Rozanski isn't a moderator on the forum, so asking him would be a bit pointless I'd have thought.

IF you have been banned, it would work both ways. As Jeff and others have been banned from your little Free MyFC site, without posting.... please explain?

Once again - we have not been banned, our accounts have been tampered with so that other users of the forum cannot read our posts. This is underhand and has not been sanctioned by anyone in a position of authority.

The new site is an official forum of a football club and it is completely inappropriate for the Web Team to do this.

Still - it's the same principle. You banning people for no good reason on your site and people tampering with your account on the official site.