Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Darter

The new EUFC forum - deceitful tricks

I do actually think you care about the club in a way, but you probably have lost respect on this forum because you arrived and didn't respect the order of it - you treated it like your own personal chatroom. And that can put a lot of people off.

Hmm, I don't think I actually did that Hannah - I am quite a seasoned forum poster and I was particularly careful here as I had been warned that it was a hostile environment. Still, from your point of view I wasn't careful enough, so sorry about that.

However, there has been a tendency on here to lump us all together - one poster comes on and stirs it up a bit, and suddenly we are all classed as troublemakers.

I don't think that it was ever that bad until the MyFC involvement but it has certainly got worse since then.

Where is Southill? I take it that is in the same area.

So the Edgware thing is dead in the water then?

I thought that it might have been somewhere near there, a la GNFC and Ebbsfleet.

Originally Posted By: Darter
playing as Southill Alexander FC

You'll be needing a mascot then.

How about a Greek bloke dressed up as Alexander the Great? I'll only take a little bit of commission for the idea.

The reason the first memebrs of MyFC were given such a rough ride was they came here boasting about how they were the saviours of the Club!

Then there was Lord Haw Haw, who came on here blanket posting the 'Word of Willie' morning noon and night.

Once things settled down and the true Football fans emerged, they were treated with the same respect they showed the 'Locals'!

Jeff, there were no suitable grounds near enough to Edgware, that was the problem. And it's important to engage the local community, as you know!

As for mascots ... Alexander was a local bishop, and we will be playing in all-purple (I was outvoted, lol), so you could do an ecclesiastical thing Stu grin

all-purple

Bloody hell, it's Harchester United!

What happens when you play Dulwich Hamlet with their pink trim? You'll have to use your cerise Laura Ashley away kit... grin

I'll tack some lace on, that might help grin

I think it was more the Italian connection that the boys were thinking about, rather than Harchester laugh

Weren't the Edgware Town supporters a bit miffed that they thought they were getting a club back in the town only to have it taken away from them?

The kit comments have made me chuckle.

Will you be kit man then Les?? biglaugh

.... and I always thought he was a T-I-T man !

chloe

bolt

they were certainly a bit miffed at the start jeff, but are now quite glad there will be no new edgware, from the comments Ive read on the ff forums.

most have moved on to follow the old team where they go and hope maybe one day there will be a club in the town they can watch again.

its a lesson to us all dont assume your club will always be there, do what you can to keep it going as long as possible.

remember West Green Borough fc?

Got a message from WebEd on the new forum, and David Davis has asked for all restrictions to postings be removed for all members.

They still don't know how it happened in the first place.

The plot thickens !!!!

Probably just a computer glitch, Les !!

bolt

They still don't know how it happened in the first place.

Reasonable explanation?That is if you believe that a computer glitch only effects MYFC members! druff

But i await with interest how V intends to explain it away!!

He lives in Norway does our V the sun may not come up for another 4 months there, but thats no excuse to keep the rest of us in the dark!