Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dover Ath. v. Billericay Town - Tuesday 13th Jan.

Still 0-0 after 34 mins.

Live text commentary at:-

http://www.doverathletic.com/LMI/LiveText.php

Lost 2-1.

Sounds like we gave an excellent account of ourselves.

Look forward to hearing reports from those that travelled.

Possibly the ref thought, "what's the point. Pobably get over turned by the FA". It was a shockig decision though and they went on and scored soon after. Still these things happen and we shouldn't take away the great effort made by the players, who played well.

One thought though (and thi is not a gripe - it's too late to speak to Jason and Grant)...why was Joe the player to come off?

Anyway, two mistakes, two goals. Another game where the opposition really didn't have to create to score. And we must get into the habit of looking after the ball and retain it more. I know these comments sound as if I am not happy with the teams performance tonight, which is further from the truth but we do have a habit of putting ourselves under pressure.

Still, a good effort from the team and one to build on whn we go to Harrow this Saturday. We are now half way through our season, wth games in hand and not many points behind the top 5...all to play for, me thinks.

Disappointing result but a pretty decent display imo. Poor defending for both their goals, the first coming from a wayward pass back across the box and the second from being asleep at a quickly taken corner.

Billy had a one on one in the first half that the keeper kept out and the keeper then made an excellent save at 0-1 to keep a BWG shot out.

Shocking decision from the ref re the pen, he had an excellent view and bottled it.

We'll put in worse displays than that and get something from games.

3 points Saturday please.

Safe to say the lad's put on a good show last night. I agree with the post's above that it was silly mistakes that cost us the game and not any great play by D-A.

With the Ref being such a weak geezer we had an uphill battle to get him to call anything in our favor.

I thought it was comical when we changed ends and the 30+ of us had to pass nigh on all 880 of KENTS Finest, Then one little bloke say's Your only playing for a point.

That would have done me before the game but the lad's in all area's played well and easily held D-A in the 1st half.

As in a few games this season mistakes cost points and in this case (imo) we could have taken them.

The blatant push on Bradders was a pen without a doubt but the Ref bottled it once again and he played to the larger crowds calls by giving them a free moments later.

We are to the best of my knowledge (which is limited) the only team to put a goal in their net since 13th of December.

I look forward to seeing them at NL where with our new found spring in our step we should take all the points.

Still it was a nice trip to Dover (thanks Lad's) and D-A are certainly ready for the move up.

Very gutted to not get a point out of that game which, I think, we definately deserved.

Both sides had chnces in the first half, the best chance probably going to Bricknell's one-on-one.

Second half we fell asleep for their two goals, which was a shame. Good to see Heffer get a goal though.

Both keepers made some excellent saves in the second half which kept both teams in the game to the end.

Again, the talking point was the pen, which was a definate pen, and the Ref knows that, not quite sure why it wasn't given.

When you look at Dover's results at home, they have beat teams 2-0, 3-0, which obviously shows that we gave a good performance.

Overall, the players can hold their heads up high, we gave a good performance and they can go into Saturday's game with confidence!

Have to mention however, their supporters must be the worst I have ever seen!!! It made me laugh.

A really good performance from the lads - especially considering it was their first full game for over 3 weeks. We certainly gave them a game and had them on the ropes for a bit, particulrly in the first half and either side of our second half goal. I'm gutted the effort wasn't rewarded with at least a point which we thouroughly deserved (IMO).

Keep it up lads - if we play like that against most of the teams in our league, we'll definitely come away with the points.

PS Re the DAFC fans - are we saying that Dover are the new Chelmsford of the RPL?

I'm gutted we didn't come away from this game with something to show for our efforts.

I really don't know whether to laugh or cry sometimes when it comes to watching us.

Don't get me wrong, Dover had a few chances of their own creation but their goals were absolute shockers from our point of view. It's difficult to legislate for individual errors but we've paid a heavy price for a couple lately. Hopefully we can eradicate these from our game and as said above we went into absolute snooze zone for their second...grrrr...

I thought the defining moments from our point of view were Billy's miss at 0-0 and the mind-boggling failure of the ref to give us a pen at 1-1. Had either of them gone our way then the result could have been different.

The work rate and effort of the overwhelming majority of our players was excellent though - I thought they put in a really good shift. I do fundamentally disagree with the policy of two "proper" wingers away from home, especially with Neil and Ashley at full back, although last night our options were fairly limited.

The Dover fans made our friends from Chelmsford look like the personification of modesty but I suppose when all you've done is win for a year and a half that's what happens.

We can take a lot of positives from this game but it is points that make prizes. Onwards and upwards to Harrow.

At least it can't be worse than last season.......

Come on you Blues!!!!

This thread on the Dover Forum gives some indication of how well we attacked last night.

http://www.dovorian.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8101

It was a very entertaining game and some really good performances from our team, we can play better though. The manor in which we conceded two goals was disappointing, I thought we were missing a bit of luck too.

Big games are an opportunity for players to show what they are about and stand out, I was expecting one or two of our lads to have done better. (That was my expectation, not necessarily them under performing)

Overall, a good team performance, we were unlucky not to have come away with something from that game.

Will DAFCtv show our pen claim?

I think your posts are all about right, you gave us a good game last night and yes with a bit more luck you could have grabed a point.

I thought both goal keepers had a good game, as both pulled off some good saves which shows just how the game went. I also thought at the time you had a good shout for a pen and my head droped at that moment. However looking at the video I am not so sure,it is one where some refs do and some do not and lucky for us we had the one that did not.

Not sure why you are having a go at our fans they are enjoying their football at the moment so do not take it to heart that they are having a good time. Most I spoke to last night and today had a nothing but respect for your team and the way they played and for you as fans.

Good luck for the rest of the season (Except on our return) and thanks for a good game.

H

It's always the small majority that display a certain cheek...that is the way of it with all clubs. A certain minority will want to "cheek back". As said on this link, when you're as many points clear, and done as well over the past year and a half as Dover have, bragging rights go to the victors.

I was mostly encouranged by our teams performance and if we can carry that through for the rest of the season, improve in the areas where we have to improve in, we should be in for a shout for a play off place and the return match will (hopefully) be a different result.

Many thanks for your best wishes.

After watching the video, I can see what everyone is talking about regarding the penalty! Jeez!

I think our friends from Dover who are saying that they agree with the referee and don