Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey v MFC updates

Andy .

Originally Posted By: Drummer
Geoff, Rule 8.3, as quoted by Steve B earlier, is the one that covers the options. Interestingly, Rule 8.5 concerns the club taking every precaution to ensure things work etc, including floodlights.

So it is really up in the air and down to a decision by the League when in receipt of all the facts, which I would have thought would include a proper report from Canvey as to the actions required/undertaken under Rule 8.3.

What is the club supposed to do to stop a powercut across a wide area of the island?

The result should stand and i'm almost certain it will

Originally Posted By: ronin
Originally Posted By: Drummer
Geoff, Rule 8.3, as quoted by Steve B earlier, is the one that covers the options. Interestingly, Rule 8.5 concerns the club taking every precaution to ensure things work etc, including floodlights.

So it is really up in the air and down to a decision by the League when in receipt of all the facts, which I would have thought would include a proper report from Canvey as to the actions required/undertaken under Rule 8.3.

What is the club supposed to do to stop a powercut across a wide area of the island?

The result should stand and i'm almost certain it will

Ronin, no one is calling foul on it. It's the rules of abandonment everyone has an issue with.

It really is a shame that the match ended the way it did (apart from Margate leading 4-0) as it was an awful evening weatherwise and must have been even worse for the two teams and officials on the pitch.

Not forgetting something like a 10 mile queue on the A13 (took me 90 mins from home - longer than the match lasted ironically - to do a 35 mins journey) and then when I went to leave Canvey the road to the A13 was blocked.

Still, as an added bonus I did see South Benfleet.

By the way, lovely ladies in the Tea Hut.

Originally Posted By: Urchin Mentalist
don't know why you are all worrying,the ryman league will give the result to margate without doubt,had it been 2-0 then there would be cause to play it again but 4-0 no chance,seriously no chance,it simply won't happen

Thank you Alan Turvey grin

seriously,games are called off at these scores every year,if they made them replay the games you would of seen uproar in the written press over the years and the truth is every game that has ever been stopped around that time with a similar score has not been replayed.

Believe me,if i was in your situation needing the points i would be a bit paranoid but from the outside looking in it will just not happen

seriously,games are called off at these scores every year,if they made them replay the games you would of seen uproar in the written press over the years and the truth is every game that has ever been stopped around that time with a similar score has not been replayed.
Believe me,if i was in your situation needing the points i would be a bit paranoid but from the outside looking in it will just not happen

ARe you sure at our level? I remember us being trounced by Rams and match was abandoned in the last 15. It had to be replayed, we won.

We were playing really well at the time, no way were Canvey going to come back from that score.

One of the Canvey players came out as I was standing by the dressing room entrance. Stood there and said it was embarassing for them. He said we deserved the win. LET'S HOPE WE GET IT . . . Down to the league board, was mentioned.

what???

I said. When the score line is so bleedin succinct then a replay shouldn't bleedin well come into it Mental! grin

AB, you really shouldn't hang outside the changing rooms, No wonder they said it was embarassing! Luv you bisou

the league will decide but in all honesty the 4-0 scoreline has decided for them

Canvey as a club should do the decent thing and say they want th game awarded to you guys then the ryman league would have no choice.I would want hornchurch to do the same if we were getting beat that badly,if we didn't i would be unhappy with my club in all honesty

My power was off until 1am and I had to rush home because my mum who suffers from claustrophobia was having quite a bad panic attack because she couldn't find the torch in the dark. That is not a laughing matter.

I have a number for EDS energy if anybody would like to ring and confirm.

A little bit annoyed at some of the comments on here from certain people so I'll refrain from saying any more.

Good luck to Margate for the rest of the season.

Hey Dave, hardly anyone on here is saying it was dodgy, we just think as 4 up at time and so little time left that result should surely stand?

Certainly dont want this to sour our relationship with your club.

Good luck to Canvey too for the rest of the season.