Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Essex Olympian League

Beeswax

Originally Posted By: cimbom89
Hi I am wondering if any clubs in this league have trials over the summer. I am 20 years old and currently playing at Hackney Marshes. I can play all along the right, striker and centre midfield.

Thank you for your help

Keep looking at the EOL and ESL club messageboards until they start looking for players around early July I would think. Good luck!

BTW, as, when and if there will be a Boro team playing in the EOL next season I am sure that I will be paying this forum a visit every now and then and encourage some of our club supporters who post on other sites to do likewise.

To be honest, Baz, I can't see anyone else than Sungate as champions. They are four points in front of Southminster with two games to play.

Southminster will have to beat local rivals and 4th placed Maldon St Mary's on Tuesday to keep in the frame. Sungate will surely beat 2nd from bottom Shenfield AFC on Wednesday to be in the clear. However should the unthinkable happen, Sungate still have to host Southminster on Saturday.

If Sungate need to beat Southminster at the weekend, that'll be the game to go and watch!!!

Essex is crying out for a step 6 league - Essex & Herts down to 8 teams (Ryman & Conference res's can play at Step 6), Essex Olympian League and Essex & Suffolk Border League both have a few clubs each that should be at Step 6 - plus a few that with a bit of a push could play at a higher level with floodlights installed at their ground. Would also create other benefits for ESL clubs such as bigger league cup comps so you dont have to play each other 5 times a season!

I've copied the above from the Clapton forum - cheers blind1 applause

Which teams in the Olympian league are candidates for a step 6 league? What are the extra facilities needed to go from step 7 to step 6, anyone know off the cuff?

beeser

You have now jumped into quantum physics territory.. Railed-off pitch, clubhouse, but not floodlights. Nothing a trip to B & Q wouldn't put right. But then again look at the ESL. I am sure a few clubs there don't qualify for grading, especially Dullbridge.