Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

'Ricay v. Canvey - Tuesday 10th March, and others.

Local derbies make poor "Litmus Tests". Too many other factors come into play. I was as dissapointed as anyone with the teams display & response last night. But it would, in my opinion, be a knee jerk reaction to allow that result alone to instigate any significant changes.

It's not that result along though Rick.

Its all the other times this season that we have under-performed and have been beaten heavily.

It's all these results that have been building and building.. Untill finally supporters either find it hard to take or find it laughable.

Interesting TC!

'Changing the Managers may be a quick fix but it isn't the answer'.

'I think it will all come to a head this week, even if it means we have to take a slightly different route'.

What could that 'slightly different route' be? If changing the Managers 'isn't the answer', then perhaps it means that we have to change the players? What other alternatives are there?..........Answers on a postcard please........!

Adam.S, it concerns me that we went into last nights game on the back of a couple of league wins & if we get a result at Harlow then 9 from 12 wouldn't be to bad. It hurts because it was a local derby, & the lack of passion from the blues may indicate a deeper problem. But an over-reaction in response to the fans dissapointment at losing the "scum derby" could do more harm than good.

A poor result and a poor performance.

It was interesting to read from yesterdays's programme that we averaged 1.5 points per game from our injury stricken side prior to January. Since January we have averaged 1.18 points per game.

It comes as no surpise to me that many supporters are debating what they consider to be the most effective ways of improving the first team's performance in the medium term.

I thought Dumas was top drawer last night.

Hopefully we'll see a better performance on Saturday

Come on you Blues!!!

Originally Posted By: Elwood_Blues
Interesting TC!

What could that 'slightly different route' be? If changing the Managers 'isn't the answer', then perhaps it means that we have to change the players? What other alternatives are there?..........Answers on a postcard please........!

There has been talk of a new cook, or perhaps it might be BrryT as DOF aided by his dog?

Astoturf?

A mirophone for Jason? so Adam can hear him, (sorry Adam, only joking)
Installation of Stocks.

I can tell you it's not going to be a new kit, that'll remain the same for another season at least, (thank you Mr Hill Piling)

Originally Posted By: The Town Crier

I can tell you it's not going to be a new kit, that'll remain the same for another season at least, (thank you Mr Hill Piling)

Now that is some good news. A big thank you to Mr H.P. It must be all the drilling work he's been doing on the pitch (only joking Moe :D)

A great effort by all concerned to secure some sponsorship for next season in the current climate.

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC
Strange...I and others are of the opinion that Joe and Billy play well together. Last season goal tally suggests that Bradley is a much better winger but hey...short memories and all that.

I would say completely the opposite - they are both much better playing with somebody else.

The results back that up - they have started together on 16 occasions this season in all competitions - and we have won just 4 (25%). They have failed to score in half of those 16 (50%).

For comparison, when only one of them has played we have won 15 out of 25 (60%). As a single player Flack/Bricknell have scored in 11 of those 25 (56% failure rate) - not that different to their record as a pair.

I am struggling to see the comparison between Bradley and Burbs, there Simon. Two different styles of player, one tall with an ariel presence, the other a fast and tricky player. I am looking at both in their best light here...but hey, what do I know?

Both Burbs and Bradley "drop off" to link midfield and attack. They do it in different ways, but they both do it. Neither Flack nor Billy is the type of player who drops off.

For me the football has been awful all season, im all for a change, the two guys obviously cannot motivate the team, and they are just two coaches. thats it really...oh and the joint management thing going on clearly does not work otherwise there would be a lot more of it in the football word!

just ask Roy Evans and Gerrard Houllier!

Originally Posted By: Simon BTFC

I would say completely the opposite - they are both much better playing with somebody else.

The results back that up - they have started together on 16 occasions this season in all competitions - and we have won just 4 (25%). They have failed to score in half of those 16 (50%).

For comparison, when only one of them has played we have won 15 out of 25 (60%). As a single player Flack/Bricknell have scored in 11 of those 25 (56% failure rate) - not that different to their record as a pair.

Well, you can prove anything with facts can't you.

(It's an obscure quote grin)

Just the facts ma'am. wink

So far as the management are concerned I have mixed feelings. I only have to look at my other team (Southampton) to see that changing managers doesn't help... However it is impossible to defend their record because it is so poor. Perhaps the most damning thing I can say is that they don't appear to be learning from their mistakes - you only have to look at the team selection against Horsham to see that.

What can they do? Well for my money there are 5 or 6 players that have consistantly let us down this season and the sooner we're rid of them the better. The rest can wait for the summer to find out their futures. So far as off the pitch is concerned I would go for Jason as a single manager and bring in another coach. Let Grant concentrate on "the structure" as a kind of director of football.

I would definitely be looking to bring in another coach though, come what may. It's not because I have any deep-seated aversion to dual managers, just that we need to freshen things up

Originally Posted By: finisterre

Well, you can prove anything with facts can't you.

(It's an obscure quote grin)

Not really Finni but I have cross swords with Si over this before and I am tired of the arguement. Having been to all the games this season, there are circumstances behind the reasons why the stats stack up, from the beginning of the season to last night but unfortunately I find it best to walk away when certain people are in full "damnation" flow.

Si and I do agree on one point. Changing managers at the drop of a hat (or when things are not going as well as some people would like - Jeez, we'll be changing every 3 months if some supporters had their way) is not the way forward. Maybe a change of structure in the managment area would benefit the club better and I think his suggestion is one for futher comment and discussion.

No sopping about, last night was another complete disaster for everyone at the club!

I know Jason didn't want 'revenge' for the beating at their place but dropping on all fours at home to take another beating is taking the pee out of everyone associated with the club! The management are totally out of touch with the majority of fans if they think we didn't want revenge! In a season of mid table obscurity the least we wanted was to have the bragging rights over our nearest and dearest, didn't they hear our fans at the start?? The fact that they couldn't fire themselves or the team up for this one shows how lost they both are!

A couple have mentioned about over reactions due to one result. Have they missed the fixture and result page in the programme? Canvey, Ashford, Hastings, Ramsgate, the list goes on! This was not a one off, this is one of many in a list of pitiful, gutless performances by a team that is full of too many players that just don't want to play for the club, managed by a team that has run out of ideas and time. Enough is enough!

Originally Posted By: Patriot

A couple have mentioned about over reactions due to one result. Have they missed the fixture and result page in the programme?

Not at all, Patriot. Nor have I missed the League Table that shows us mid-table with a game or two in hand over some teams above us. Sure, it's not going to be a season we'll want to dwell on. And we'll be all the more hungry for success in 09/10 because of it. But it isn't disasterous. A knee jerk reaction to losing a local derby would send us into un-charted waters, and I think it's the wrong time of the season to be doing that. I'll settle for staying out of the relegation scrap for now.

Gazza are you the managements apologist ?

Most comments I have read re last nights result have been spot on. I do not know if it the right time to change the management but if the team is not performing then the only other option is a wholesale change of players which I do not think will happen at this stage of the season.

If you look at the squad on paper and the pedigree most of the players have then as a team we have underperformed this year.

One bright spot (apart from Dormer who could and should be playing a higher level) is Ashley Dumas who was excellent last night.

Si and I do agree on one point. Changing managers at the drop of a hat (or when things are not going as well as some people would like - Jeez, we'll be changing every 3 months if some supporters had their way) is not the way forward. Maybe a change of structure in the managment area would benefit the club better and I think his suggestion is one for futher comment and discussion.

I didn't say I wouldn't change managers Gaz, I said I have mixed feelings on the matter. The management have got to show that they have it in them to change things around. They have yet to show that ability and if there aren't signs of improvement between now and the end of the season I see no reason why they should be allowed to continue next season.

It isn't an over-reaction to one defeat. It is anger at being asked to pay good money to watch a team that are producing the worst standard of football of any Billericay team in the past ten years (I include Justin's first season when we were relegated in that - at least that team tried to pass the ball).

Who knows, maybe if we actually produce a performance that is as good as the ones against C*nv*y (twice), Harrow, Ashford, Concord, Horsham etc etc were bad then there may be supporters coming on here in their droves to praise the team. We can only hope that this team are capable of such a performance.