Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Rick the Dick

'Ricay v. Canvey - Tuesday 10th March, and others.

Ok Pooch, you've 'talked me down', I'll be there. After all, what else would I do on a Saturday afternoon? But I am expecting some changes in personnel/attitude/committment, otherwise I'm going to blame you! Oh yes and a 6-0 scoreline as well!

Well that is a pretty open insult Paul. You couldn't have made the effort to try and at least sweeten it up. Just for the record, I support whom I like and if it don't win any popular votes, then tough.

Originally Posted By: Simon BTFC

It isn't an over-reaction to one defeat. It is anger at being asked to pay good money to watch a team that are producing the worst standard of football of any Billericay team in the past ten years (I include Justin's first season when we were relegated in that - at least that team tried to pass the ball).

As bad as 2003 when someone wrote:
Where do we go now back to Essex Senior League level? because that is the
playing standard we are going to end up with at this rate.

and another one from that season:
That was truly awful. I felt felt we stood little chance of scoring all
game, their seemed to be no off the ball movement from **********
Their seemed to be poor corner after poor corner. Genearrly their was little
passion or commiment The only player who was creating anything was ******.
we certainly need a creative central midfield player which would have to be
a loan signing from somewhere. I reckon we have more chance of being
relegated

Was 2004 any better:
Really, really upset by the performance...Not many appear to "want" it
enough...Defenders played as best they could in the circumstances..
We do not seem to have any leaders who will kick a few backsides!! - There
have been too many performances like this

Yes. Worse. Even in 2003/04 when we stuggled throughout the season we never capitulated as regularly as we have done this season - we conceded 3 or more league goals on just 6 occasions that season (including 1 win) - this season it's 6 already. That year's team produced some vintage performances as well - 5-2 at Hitchin or 4-1 at Swifts. 2-0 at Boreham Wood is probably the highlight of this league campaign so far which doesn't come close.

Every season we have a couple of dreadful performances, or even a bad patch over a run of games. This season our bad patch started in August and is still going. Thankfully the league is weak this season or we really would be in trouble.

Originally Posted By: Ryan.c
Yet another shambles of a performance. When the Ryman League teamed up with Comic Relief and said do something funny for money, I didn't expect our players to take to the pitch as eleven clowns. Clueless, inept and no fight. Just as well that Jason Broom didn't want 'revenge'.

Top posting Ryan.....not a happy bunny then!!!!

As far as the discussion concerning budgets for promotion is concerned, I think you must realise what Chelmo, AFCW and even Dover have spent to get up, so stop deluding yourselves you have anything like that financial clout and be grateful you have TC to keep BTFC on an even keel, well run and steady in a very poor financial conditions. promotion pushes are for another time. With at least 5 BSP clubs seeking election to lower leagues and one BSS club going pop at the end of the season, nothing wrong with mid table and safe!!!

Why don't you [****!!****]-off you arrogant piece of [****!!****]. Concern yourself more with what your gonna do when Webb calls his debt in/King moves on.

Originally Posted By: Ryan.c
Why don't you [****!!****]-off you arrogant piece of [****!!****]. Concern yourself more with what your gonna do when Webb calls his debt in/King moves on.

I've nothing to say.

I just thought that was worth reading twice laugh

Originally Posted By: Adam.S
I wonder what the latest news will be then TC?

We're getting a Coffee machine installed! No more luke warm Tesco's own! Or was I dreaming?

Originally Posted By: Rick the Dick

Originally Posted By: Adam.S
I wonder what the latest news will be then TC?

We're getting a Coffee machine installed! No more luke warm Tesco's own! Or was I dreaming?

You were dreaming.. Because it's not Tesco... It's Asda! tongue

But it aint "Asda Prices", as the "lookie lookie men" say.

Maybe that's the secret - Upgrade the cheapo teabags from piss-poor that match our current form to those pyramid shaped ones to give extra taste & bite !

Originally Posted By: PAUL B
No offence Gaz - I know your heart's in the right place - Just a wind-up !
On to Harlow !

Patronising me as well...Double bubble to you Paul. Offense was taken.

10 pages of passion, anger and abuse!

Christ if the team put as much effort in on Saturday then we will tonk the ar*e off them!!

Localfan - What a joke you are. Arrogant and full of sh*t, you must fit in very well at Melbourne!

I'm guessing he's short of money at the moment too.

Originally Posted By: The Town Crier

Gazz, I just wonder why he would want to come on here, on this particular thread, and spout about budgets and delusion.

I'm not surprised by some of the responses

I'm not surprised but I didn't think it warranted the response it got.

I've always thought LF has a tendency to credit himself with insightfulness and gravitas that are not supported by the substance of his musings. I suspect he's actually quite happy with the abuse; he'll find it easier to cope with than reasoned debate. In fact he's probably as happy as a Pig in Sh!t.