Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

'Ricay v. Canvey - Tuesday 10th March, and others.

I think it's spot on to say that we have not got the best out of the squad of players we have available. We're mid table and we'd expect to be amongst the play-off places. But, with just 11 games left and only a 9 point cushion between us and the R-Zone is now the right time for change?

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC
"Vengence and revenge"...hmmmmmmm...This is football we're talking about?

54 posts over one defeat...Now 55.

Over reaction? Nuff said

I think you will find that Nuff said is not the case here.

As mentioned in the numerous post's before mine (& i was not going to post until i read this comment flame ) it's not just about this one defeat it's about a whole lot of defeats and some crap subbing tactics over the whole season.

I would also like to add that big dunc could be heard down our end shouting on the lad's he is a credit to the club i just wish some of the others who did once have his spark would get it back and the sooner the better please.

Originally Posted By: Rick the Dick
I think it's spot on to say that we have not got the best out of the squad of players we have available. We're mid table and we'd expect to be amongst the play-off places. But, with just 11 games left and only a 9 point cushion between us and the R-Zone is now the right time for change?

And there is an 8 point cushion between us and 5th place... Are we going to talk about Playoffs?

Like what was being said yesterday... Our seasons consists of a maximum of 2 games now. Our league season is over.. In my opinion.. we won't go down... and we won't make playoffs either which leaves 2 games left.. The semi final on Tuesday, and maybe a final.

Adam - very negative posts mate - you must be a spurs fan - all jolly when you win, but, any set back and it all finished, doom and gloom, seasons are a marathon not a sprint, lets get behind the managers and see where we are at the end of the season, i know this is called a fans forum and you are entitled to comment how you see fit, but so much negativity isn't healthy for managers, players and supporter, so come on get behind the boys and be as positive as you are negative!!!!

Phew 7 pages of posts that's certainly stirred everyone up.sadly i missed the 3rd and 4th goals as I was stll working in the office(shame canvey didn't miss them too)but the fact is that once again we started well missed a couple of good chances then capitulated. I do know that the management dont instruct the players to play a long ball game but this year we have some players who think they know better than the managers, who though potentially are quality players but find places to hide, who dont want to play as or for a team and who take the p***s out of the management, supporters and the club. As has been said next year we wont have as many contract players so we will be able to dispose of players with this attitude more easily. The management team are relatively inexperienced but have the good of the club at heart but they have been let down by players who we all expected better from. I hope any of you who read this forum and recognise yourselves in the above take note and if you are lucky enough to play on sat react accordingly and play as instructed, and up to the best of your ability. For my two penneth I would not play any of the players who fit into the desciption above but if we have been unable to sign any replacements in time i would replace them with players from the U18 and CL sides who although might not have the potential quality, will take the opportunity and play above themselves for the 90 mins.

Originally Posted By: bill-ER-ricky
Adam - very negative posts mate - you must be a spurs fan - all jolly when you win, but, any set back and it all finished, doom and gloom, seasons are a marathon not a sprint, lets get behind the managers and see where we are at the end of the season, i know this is called a fans forum and you are entitled to comment how you see fit, but so much negativity isn't healthy for managers, players and supporter, so come on get behind the boys and be as positive as you are negative!!!!

I am an Arsenal fan tongue

Originally Posted By: Brightside Bloke

Over reaction? Nuff said

I think you will find that Nuff said is not the case here.

As mentioned in the numerous post's before mine (& i was not going to post until i read this comment flame ) it's not just about this one defeat it's about a whole lot of defeats and some crap subbing tactics over the whole season.

I would also like to add that big dunc could be heard down our end shouting on the lad's he is a credit to the club i just wish some of the others who did once have his spark would get it back and the sooner the better please.

Just my opinion BB...Apologies if it came across as "glib". If you look at the post numbers of when we win against when we "capitulate" (a nod to Delboy - good word), a la Ashford, against when we win, we have more to say when we lose. I suppose it's natural to react in a way that and not "balance" the whole season up and the circumstances which brought us here.

Call me what you like, I don't think we be relegated and I amoungst a few are willing to keep a cool head, get behind both the players and the management and encourage. Will them on to do better.

There are some comments here that are worth discussing, points that have been worth making, opinions which are well made. There are also comments that, in my opinion, that are not. Some comments are unfair. Like those that come back to me, I am allowed my opinion and I am allowed a response.

I've been supporting this club for many years and I shall continue in the same fashion as I do today, no matter what happens. Whatever the cost to me, whatever may happen, I will continue because it's the club I support. Over the years I have seen many a poor season and this one doesn't even come close to the worse. I know that is no comfort for how people feel about this season but there has been worse. And I can't remember there being the same recriminations as there has been voiced here this season. Ahhh, the beauty of the internet. It's a powerful weapon, which can be abused as well as be a powerful tool. I for one am for it but during a period in the early 90's, we got relegated, missed out promotion, had an indifferent season and eventually got promoted all under one manager. The club and supporters stuck with it. Yes, there were comments of disent and the like (and also a rather humerous fanzine to vent a spleen or two) but the club stuck with it and went from strength to strength.

Did Tuesday hurt me? Yes it bloody well did (and so much so, that I couldn't speak to anyone immediately after game). And when I saw a player or one of the management team, I did not engage in personal recriminations. And I am not about to.

Whilst all the "sh*t" is hitting the fan, I remember someone told me once during a very difficult period in my life, "that which does not kill us, makes us stronger".

Originally Posted By: delboy
For my two penneth I would not play any of the players who fit into the desciption above but if we have been unable to sign any replacements in time i would replace them with players from the U18 and CL sides who although might not have the potential quality, will take the opportunity and play above themselves for the 90 mins.

A sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with! I'm still deliberating whether or not to go to Harlow on Saturday, however, if I knew that the side was going to be made up of players as suggested by DB, I will definitely be going!

Originally Posted By: Elwood_Blues
I'm still deliberating whether or not to go to Harlow on Saturday, however, if I knew that the side was going to be made up of players as suggested by DB, I will definitely be going!

You should come to Harlow. It's been said many times that we are going to batter someone soon and there are not many games of the season left in which to do it. Harlow could be that game!

Don't miss out on qualifying for the right to wear the "I was there when we thumped XXXXXXX 6-0" T shirt! ecki

Originally Posted By: The Town Crier

Tactics were poor because the players, and not for the first time this season, adopted there own shape and pattern of play.

Does that mean that our managers doesn't have enough respect among the players? Are there too many players on the team who thinks they know better and when on the pitch decides to to what they think is best and not follow the instructions from the managers?

If so, those primadonnas has to be told and dealt with!

To have respect from the players and be able to motivate the players has to be one of the most important qualities for a manager!

Just look at the norwegian national team, they didn't win a single game in 2008, and then our old hero, Drillo, does a surprise return, and in 14 days turns the performance around and we beat Germany 1-0 on away ground!

Why? Because he has a lot of respect among the players, and because he's probably one of the best motivators in the football world!

I don't have the possibility to watch each game (Jason: Put up a web cam for me, will you? :-) ), but if the problems is that the players doesn't do what they are told, something has to happen to get them to do it!

Over reaction? Nuff said

No. Not an over reaction.
This was NOT just any game, and it was also not the first time such an abject performance has been put in.
For the umpteenth time this season, this is a way below par performance but this time it was in the local derby.
Many may not feel this way, but I was hoping to exact a bit of revenge for the shambles of Easter Monday.

The number of posts on this game is no coincidence and not simply because we lost.
It was all about the way we lost and to whom.

I don't usually bother with other teams forums, but I had a sneaky glance at Canvey's yesterday.
I did notice a comment that, bizzarely and completely unfairly in my opinion, labelled Paul Shave an animal, but we'll gloss over that!
The general consensus was that they couldn't believe their luck at how poor we were, and that we only had one idea of hoofing the ball up in the air.
So they've noticed it from one game, and we've had to sit through it for the whole season.

It also says goodbye to the very slim hopes of a play-off place, so there is disappointment that the league season is over already and we're only in mid-March.

For these reasons there have been a lot of comments on this game, and if you continue to state that its an over-reaction then I would imagine there'll be a few more.

But...

I thought Gazza's last post made a lot of sense. These forums do provide the Eeyore's & Marvyn's amongst us (including me) with a method of prolonging the gloom, and delaying the healing process.

But you have to fight the battle you're in, & t'internet's part of life now.

A Fanzine eh?

Yeah Rick...a fanzine...

But the "contributors and victims" have to have a sense humour...and smile in he face of adversity...

The thing is, come this time next year, all this will be resigned to the mists of time...

I believe this is my 8th post BB... duel

I'm sorry Gazza, call it (misplaced)loyalty or whatever, your (admirable) desire to support this management team without question is getting to be something of a concern as can be observed in the above responses.

The one bright spot that I find also somewhat amusing is that the previously much-hated Paul Shave is suddenly not looking so bad after all. In fact as mentioned he changed the team for the better when he came on. OK he'll never be a Ronaldo but the guy always gives 110% & actually tried to play football to feet which nobody else seemed to grasp. And hell, what a great shame we ever let Mooro go - Boy could we do with him back again !!

Ok Pooch, you've 'talked me down', I'll be there. After all, what else would I do on a Saturday afternoon? But I am expecting some changes in personnel/attitude/committment, otherwise I'm going to blame you! Oh yes and a 6-0 scoreline as well!

Originally Posted By: Simon BTFC

It isn't an over-reaction to one defeat. It is anger at being asked to pay good money to watch a team that are producing the worst standard of football of any Billericay team in the past ten years (I include Justin's first season when we were relegated in that - at least that team tried to pass the ball).

As bad as 2003 when someone wrote:
Where do we go now back to Essex Senior League level? because that is the
playing standard we are going to end up with at this rate.

and another one from that season:
That was truly awful. I felt felt we stood little chance of scoring all
game, their seemed to be no off the ball movement from **********
Their seemed to be poor corner after poor corner. Genearrly their was little
passion or commiment The only player who was creating anything was ******.
we certainly need a creative central midfield player which would have to be
a loan signing from somewhere. I reckon we have more chance of being
relegated

Was 2004 any better:
Really, really upset by the performance...Not many appear to "want" it
enough...Defenders played as best they could in the circumstances..
We do not seem to have any leaders who will kick a few backsides!! - There
have been too many performances like this

Yes. Worse. Even in 2003/04 when we stuggled throughout the season we never capitulated as regularly as we have done this season - we conceded 3 or more league goals on just 6 occasions that season (including 1 win) - this season it's 6 already. That year's team produced some vintage performances as well - 5-2 at Hitchin or 4-1 at Swifts. 2-0 at Boreham Wood is probably the highlight of this league campaign so far which doesn't come close.

Every season we have a couple of dreadful performances, or even a bad patch over a run of games. This season our bad patch started in August and is still going. Thankfully the league is weak this season or we really would be in trouble.