Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

Whilst there is a feelgood factor about Fleet at the moment, there is still an underlying suspicion about the whole MYFC thing from old and cynical supporters such as myself.

I would like nothing better than to fully accept everything that MYFC does and stands for. I'm not sure that will happen all the time the PTT thing hangs over the club - no doubt the apathy of most of the voters will dictate whether or not it will continue.

One thing that would go a long way to building the bridges between us would be to make the MYFC forum viewable to Fleet fans. I agree we should not be able to post there, nor would I be too fussed about the whole world viewing it - but it would give the Fleet regulars who are non members an insight into the general mindset of those that regularly post there.

Not sure how it could be done - poosibly an admin from this forum could supply names and details for MYFC verification from those on here who have posted - say 250 posts or more times.

Who knows, it might even persuade many of us they are actually just like us and join up.

Food for thought?

I second that idea - it might just go a long way to bringing the two halves of the club together and show a little openess to the MYFC side which at the moment seems very much like a secret society.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Spooky.

You sure you're not a MyFC member?

Absolutely not Paul, won't join until the PTT thing is dropped.
But I can see the benefits of MYFC.

And that's exactly why I HAVE become a MYFC member, no vote=no say. Oh, believe me, I've been sticking my oar in over the last couple of days!

...I think if you want to view the myfc site you should join. I think the PTT issue is an excuse for some to just keep moaning/be negative etc. I joined myfc, hardly ever post on the site as I prefer here. I vote in the votes and I am happy with that although the level of information given to members will need to increase as time goes on.

The initial vote on PTT has been done and a decision reached that is sensible and no doubt will carry on long-term as it is a practical solution.

We are all EUFC supporters in some form no matter what route we have taken either by injecting cash or by attending matches or both. That's a common enough bond for me.

Must admit, having started to trawl through the thousands of posts and articles on the MYFC site, my views are changeing quite rapidly. Apart from the odd few, what Ive seen are people that are quite passionate about the club and want it too succeed. On my first day as a member I went in shooting from the hip but now I'm starting to see an underlying trend of total support and commitment from MYFCers which I didn't expect to see. I've obviously joined too late to affect decisions already voted on but now, as a part owner of EUFC my voice will be heard on future issues.

Delighted to see the positive post John. As for giving non-members ability to view the MyFC forum - this has been discussed in the past and from what I can remember the general consensus was against the idea. Saying that a lot more stuff is likely to be available shortly throught things like the magazine.

I just found it rather childish that you, as a forty something year old bloke complained to the Forum Team on MyFC after my posting your other monickers on this forum on the thread about building bridges on the MyFC.

You don't like it up you do you?

Originally Posted By: doheochai
Delighted to see the positive post John. As for giving non-members ability to view the MyFC forum - this has been discussed in the past and from what I can remember the general consensus was against the idea. Saying that a lot more stuff is likely to be available shortly throught things like the magazine.

will that be the "openly" discussed stuff on your forum, or the thoughts of the Chairman in Pravda magazine?

He saw my at the MyFC after show party on Saturday but didn't even come over and say hello UU.

That's not very nice is it?

If he had have done, I would have got the photo. Unfortunately, I have no idea what he looks like.

I didn't see anyone walking about in a Goebbels uniform with no sense of humour though. :-)

well he knows the deal...authenticated foto up here and the 500 squidlies goes off straight away....

to plagerise his phrase jeff....

would have thought you'd be more interested in the fleet trust getting the wonga wanchai

I wonder if he is rhodseys brother...grin

Wah Wah is clearly not into building bridges with the old established club fans who have yet to be conned/persuaded into signing up.

He hasn't put up a case against it, yet dismisses it outright.

Perhaps he likes to keep his closed shop policy from outside eyes in case we don't like what we find.

He tempts us will juicy thread headlines on the front page then leaves us wondering................

I note that this thread has been copied to the MYFC forum. As it was my original suggestion, I claim copyright.

Could the MYFC thread be cut and pasted onto here to that I can see what the "members", not just Wah Wah, are saying?

It would be the proper, decent thing to do.

Gary, the thread occured first on the MyFC forum. Hence Harry's post at the top of the thread asking if you had joined MyFC.

I'll copy and paste it when I get in from work if someone has not done it by about 8pm.

If anyone else fancies it, feel free.