Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

Originally Posted By: John@TheFleet
Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Originally Posted By: John@TheFleet
what thread was it on myfc?

What, I don't understand?

Ive been on that thread 5 mins ago and cant find anything about you or Jeff being barred from the ground. Have those posts been deleted??? If so, why? Or am I missing something?

It got deleted. I never read it either.

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Originally Posted By: Yorkfox
the fact that the more people with local sence get involved, the better in my book.

It would seem like a good idea for locals to get involved, but after reading about the 'backlash' when they got voted onto the MyFC board, it doesn't seem like they are really wanted...

I think people deep down know the importance of local board members. I know I do. I think it was the 6-1 nature that caused the moaning. If it was 1-6 and only 1 local, then it could have got a similar reaction. Anyway, I think it will sort itself out in time.

Evening all from Sunny Florida (Well, I guess it's night time here now, but it's been sunny all fortnight and is still about 28 degrees here now at 10pm, nice)

Thought I'd take a look at the forums, both here and on MyFC as I'm knackered and couldn't be bothered to go out. What a mistake! Trawling through hundreds of posts, with thousands more to go, it's just one big clusterf*ck.

While I'm not in the least bit surprised that it's all turned nasty I'm surprised by the speed of it all. I'll make a proper comment about it all when I read more of the post and can see a bigger picture of it all, but a couple of comments to start.

Jeff, don't worry about Singram, he's a pr1ck, about half as smart as he thinks he is and about a tenth as funny. Treat him as he should be treated and ignore him. He's a joke. He's Clownshoes. He's the reason that more on here should join up. When somebody like that pipes up they should be shot down in flames or ignored by so many that his posts get lost in the plethora of positive post supporting the club and it's supporters.

And you should all sign up. There are a (very vocal) few on there that are not only intent on screwing up the club we all love but also just want to $hit on us personally. If more of us had been on the MyFC forum when they decided to all gang up on Chris P perhaps they wouldn't have gotten away with it as much as they did.

And on that subject, Darter, you should apologise for that publicly on here if you haven't already (as I said, I'm a long way from reading all the threads on here). It was nothing short of a witch hunt and those that instigated it and fed it should be ashamed of themselves.

Harry and UU, do we need you two starting again? Round and round we go, yawn yawn bored bored lol. OK, it is entertaining I admit.

And to the guy from MyFC who posted for his first time this thread (sorry can't remember your nick and don't wanna go back a page and risk having to write all this crap again), stick with it. Post, listen, learn and get involved. We may be a smaller group, but we all love and support this team.

Right, off I go to read the other thousand threads.... Fun

Jaysus... I don't log in for a few hours and the apocalypse happened and no one invited me.

I'm not sorry that I missed the thread on MyFC that imploded with stupidity. Although I am sorry I wasn't around to back you up, Jeff and Paul. I don't understand people sometimes. I think maybe we set the membership fee too low because the bar for entry of grade-A trolls is too low, inviting far too many in the building.

I have also met Sal twice now, including this past weekend, and she's always been lovely to me. She is already a committed supporter, and whether we agree on everything or not, I know she wants this club to prosper. We won't hold the Exeter thing against her, will we? smile

I think the solution that's allowed me to be a much happier MyFC member and EUFC supporter these past few months is just to avoid the MyFC forum. I read many of the articles and all the news regarding issues we have to vote on, but the forums are a clusterfck and they just make my blood boil, so I skip them.

So, I've got a hammer if anyone in Kent has a bridge for me to work on. With or without MyFC, I've been infected by the club and the people who have been very welcoming to both me and my son (who's not speaking to me, incidentally, for not taking him back for Wembley).

I genuinely want MyFC to succeed because it can mean financial stability for the club. I frankly no longer care whether we pick the team or not. But the behavior of so many "members" scares the bejeesus out of me, from the non-voters to the rabid dogs on the forums. They will, of course, be members who never make it to the ground and will never care about anything but stirring the pot. Let's say a little prayer to the Wembley gods that they all fail to renew. I'll pay more if it means a few of them get lost. (I'm not anti-MyFC. I've met some amazing and committed people. But like everything in life, the idiots make the news.) OK, I'm shutting up now.

Still smiling every time I see Daish grinning as he carries the trophy down the stairs to the pitch. Even the trolls can't ruin that for me.

Robert - what a cracking post. As a fellow MyFC member, I totally agree with your approach to the concept. I only wish that I had been able to meet up with you on Saturday. Having said that, the many MyFC members I did meet, including all the Yorfoxes, Cullen, Bubbles, Sparwasser etc etc are thoroughly committed to this venture for the benefit of the club not for some hidden agenda. I would also agree with you, having met her, that Sal (Darter) is 100% behind the success of the Fleet and probably more than any other person on the MyFC forum has been battered by the powers that be. I know she might have different views to many on this forum but don't exclude her (her heart's in the right place, whatever way she has managed to reach that place!).

So there we have it. In response to my original post about building bridges, all non members are for it.

MYFC are split. The nice people, (Bob Heard, YorkFox, Darter etc) are in favour.

The thought police (Wah Wah and his cronies) don't want any part of it as it would spoil their secret society.

All pointers on here from respected members indicate the the MYFC forum is a ghastly place, infested by the bottom feeders of society.

Perhaps this is the reason Wah Wah doesn't want us to see what it is actually like - the first viewing would put us off for life.

The forum would seem to reflect the way the whole MYFC operation is run. Draw you in with false promises, then treat it like a clandestine, secret society which allows no outsiders a view inside.

We (I) tried to hold out an olive branch.

It has been firmly slapped back into my face.

Just a thought, Wah Wah.

If I am ever introduced to you, the first thing I would do is verbally abuse you or worse. Reason : for trying to ruin the club I love and have followed through thick and thin for 41 years.

Something that I have been saying to anybody that will listen , is that important information that comes out of MYFC like votes, articles, should be printed out and left in the bar for non members to read. There are some excellant articles on there and if non members were to read some of them, then it can only be positive. An example of this is the MEG article reproduced on here by his Lordship from Norwich.

I try and pass information on here about important things, as I know some non members welcome that. At the same time, I know it isnt the MYFC forum and shouldnt be a mouthpiece for myfc.

So, when I do any articles, I will copy them on here, ok ?.

Some of the news, isnt really hard news but things that are interesting. For example, there is a 1 month trial of radio advertising going on at a radio station across the USA. A certain amount of advertising has been paid for, but the presenters are really getting into talking about The Fleet, and one has joined up. The amount of air time that we are getting is far above what was paid for. Its great to hear them talk about Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Ebbsfleet all in the same terms. At the same time, a TV football phone in show was sent 2 Fleet shirts with the presenters names on. They have featured as the presenters have worn them, and now can be seen in the back of the set.

For more on the Radio and the myfc addvert , see http://www.worldsoccerdaily.com/

The podcast is a good listen.

Thanks for the welcoming remarks earlier on :

Harry, Wayne , The Doctor ,and Urchin .

The Doctor,

To answer your question regarding the reason for sigining up to MYFC, I have to say because I am totally in favour of the concept of fan control. Passion, loyalty and commitment should be the driving force behind this game and not personal gain.

I'm convinced the fans of the Fleet can do a much better job at running the club than the previous owners did.

That is what 'own the club' stands for, as far as i'm concerned.

I doubt the PTT issue will ever be resolved to everybody's satisfaction. The whole concept was sold with the slogan, "Own the Club, Pick the Team". I can understand the concerns from people regarding this issue, as it is a very thorny subject amongst both old and new supporters. Personally, for what it's worth, I think the manager should have the final say. He is the one working with the players daily. Have no idea along what lines it will be implemented.

In my quest for information regarding everything related to Fleet, I thought it would be a good idea to interact with the local fan base. I live 2000 km away and might only be able to visit Stonebridge once or twice a season, so for me it's impossible to gauge and discuss issues with others verbally.

That was the only reason that prompted me to post in here.

I have no intentions of trying to build any bridges, that is a job for Civil Engineers, not football supporters. smile

A belated welcome from myself too Gibi.... you unfortunately just happen to stroll into the middle of a battlefield and ended up as what George Bush would call collateral damage... We're really nice people normally!

You will find the PTT part of the deal is a bit of a raw nerve here - we almost unanimously believe it should be the manager/coach or whatever you want to call him who chooses the team.

Glad you're still here with us!

Originally Posted By: fleetzone
A belated welcome from myself too Gibi.... you unfortunately just happen to stroll into the middle of a battlefield and ended up as what George Bush would call collateral damage... We're really nice people normally!

You will find the PTT part of the deal is a bit of a raw nerve here - we almost unanimously believe it should be the manager/coach or whatever you want to call him who chooses the team.

Glad you're still here with us!

yeah he did time his appearance to perfection!!.....shocked

apologies Gibi if I appeared rude and as a guest here myself I should perhaps be more thoughtful at times...

good forum and decent footie folk...much better than the cesspit...grin

comrade brooks is not wah wah..that handle belongs to donehocei (or however he spells it)...along with comical ali and wanchai...

said wah wah will be posting his foto on here shortly to prove he was at wembley and by doing so will earn the fleet trust 500 smackeroonies...grin

Welcome aboard, gibi, your contributions and views will be well received and respected on here.

Our animosity towards Wah Wah on here is because not only is he against us seeing what is written about us on his forum, but he also comes on HERE telling us what we should and shouldn't be saying.

He is clearly the mouthpiece of Will Brooks - who else do kyou know that has "little chats" and "speaks to" the big boss man of a company of this size on a regular basis.

The respected members of MYFC are showing up because they have empathy with us and the team - and can see our pointof view regarding PTT. It will never work. The team on the day will be selected by Liam looking into the player's eyes, seeing whether they are "up for it" both physically and mentally. Can't do that from Outer Mongolia, Timbucktoo or Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Originally Posted By: gibi
Thanks for the welcoming remarks earlier on :
Harry, Wayne , The Doctor ,and Urchin .

Welcome from a fellow MyFCer gibi. I find that this forum is a great place for the reasonable discussion of the club. I would recommend keeping to off-topic threads on the MyFC forum if you don't want to get dragged down into the darkside! Also, next season if you haven't already done it, tune in via t'internet to the brilliant commentaries of Lord Chas and his pals on Radio Kent. You may have missed some of the more entertaining banter between Harry J and Uncle Urchin but I'm sure it will continue unabated!

arrr

Originally Posted By: Jeff

I think that the MyFC forum has been pretty disgusting since the final whistle blew on Saturday.

Hasn't it just! I got home from a rotten train trip at 01.15 on the Sunday morning. Although knackered I thought I'd have a quick look to check out all the celebrations. Instead I see a thread by some prat moaning because neither the club nor MyFC had put up a match report yet. Pillock!

It seems to have gone ballistic since then and a few people who should know better haven't helped. There are some decent members on there, and nearly all the original fans talk sense, even Harry J/Paul!

Oh well, let's look forward to watching the team get a soaking in the rain tonight, that'll cheer me up. smile

I suggest to those that are going to join MYFC, that you keep your locality private, if that's possible, not being a member. I cannot say how possible that is.

The point I am trying to make, is that if they have no idea that you are a local, then your view is more than likely to be treated with more impartiality. Rather than resentment.

Originally Posted By: Digitalis
I got home from a rotten train trip at 01.15 on the Sunday morning. Although knackered I thought I'd have a quick look to check out all the celebrations. Instead I see a thread by some prat moaning because neither the club nor MyFC had put up a match report yet. Pillock!

Oh damn, I missed that. I would have invited to come and try to haul me out of the pub after my first Wembley Fleet win in 20 years of trying and pay me for my time while I did his bidding.