Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A BIG THANKYOU.

Paul H

It was Big Ron (my grandfather) 80th Birthday last Friday.

We celebrated last night at the football club.

It was great to see some old players like Billy Edwards, Ian O'Connell, Buggsy, Elliot Martin, Mark Harrop and Mark Munday. However it was a touching sight to see when Sam Sodje turned up presenting Grandad with his Reading Shirt. It brought tears to his eyes and was a very touching moment for the whole family. Also the great Chris Kinnear came along capping off what was a fantastic evening.

I'd just like to say a huge thankyou to all those that came along in particular Tony M and our very own Dave who asked those old players to attend.

The family are touched that Grandad is that popular and is that highly thought of.

He is of course one of this football clubs finest Gentlemen.

A huge thankyou to all of you than came along and made this a very special night that he will remember for the rest of his life.

Paul

Cheers Paul,it was a GREAT night,I have just got off the phone to Ron,he still dont belive what happend last night,it shows just how much people think of the man,mind you I was panicking a bit when it got to 8-30 and there was no sign of Sam,but hey ho,the man arrived and the look on Rons face was amazing.

what more can i say to top pauls words but a very big thank you to all who helped make this a very special night for my dad and my family thanks. tony, chris kinnear and billy edwards special thanks to you guys who helped to achieve this fantastic memorable night, you have made my dad a very happy man!

Great night , and a great surprise for Ron , the look on his face was something else when Sam came in . What a guy , not many players would put themselves out to do that for you and always ready for a chat nice guy and happy Bday Ron hope you enjoyed it . Up the Gate .

Congrats Ron, glad you had a great night, well deserved for such a great servant of the club. Chris Kinnear was at the cup game during the afternoon too as his son was plating for Tonbridge, guessed he would be at the party alongside some former great players.

Happy Birthday Ron for last friday. So sorry that I couldn't make it hopefully Billy Edwards passed on my best wishes and apologies for not being able to get there. You are one of the nicest guys I have met through football and hopefully I will get the chance to see you again soon aswell as everyone else at Margate. Again all the best Ron and everyone at Margate.