Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sensible ways to increase revenue to allow ...

Loose

Originally Posted By: loosely

You're just spamming now Pat. Where are your facts?

Here's a fact - posts on this forum get altered and deleted...

Now, I now you get sensitive about this issue Loose - and I am not accusing you - it was just a FACT.

Originally Posted By: PatMan

You're just spamming now Pat. Where are your facts?

Here's a fact - posts on this forum get altered and deleted...

Now, I now you get sensitive about this issue Loose - and I am not accusing you - it was just a FACT.

They certainly got deleted in the past by Chris Blanc and others. I guess that if you are just being abusive on here they will get deleted by the Global Mods on here now.

Now now - easy to accuse someone of abuse when there is no proof of it...

And can I take it from your answer that it wasn't you who removed my post?

What post? Did I discuss a post that you made? Get your facts right Pat. I keep telling you.

What post? Did I discuss a post that you made? Get your facts right Pat. I keep telling you.

My only stated FACT is that posts on here get removed/deleted.

"And can I take it from your answer that it wasn't you who removed my post?" - Not a fact then, just an allegation.

My only stated fact was that your lot banned people from EUFC for asking questions.

You brought up Deleting Posts. Not my expert subject Pat, ask Gaz and Chris.

"And can I take it from your answer that it wasn't you who removed my post?" - Not a fact then, just an allegation.

Yes, I alleged that it WASNT you. Was after clarification

My only stated fact was that your lot banned people from EUFC for asking questions.

And I denied them being 'my' lot

I brought up deleting posts cos a couple of mine were.

And Gaz and Chris have no moderation rights here, so why would I ask them?

Yes, I alleged that it WASNT you. Was after clarification

And I denied them being 'my' lot

I brought up deleting posts cos a couple of mine were.

And Gaz and Chris have no moderation rights here, so why would I ask them?

Blanc was a mod on here and certainly deleted and altered posts. Shortly afterwards his "resignation" was speedily received.

Blanc and Gaz are Mods on the EUFC Forum and posts have been deleted and altered on there. Facts. Not really sure what you are arguing Pat. I'm sure they aren't bothered.

Anyway, why are they banning people who ask polite questions?

Blanc was a mod on here and certainly deleted and altered posts.

Was, agreed. Posts here are still being deleted and altered tho

Blanc and Gaz are Mods on the EUFC Forum and posts have been deleted and altered on there. Facts. Not really sure what you are arguing Pat. I'm sure they aren't bothered.

Why are you asking me about what other mods get up to? If people are banned, I am sure the questions they have asked have been deleted, so I cannot even begin to guess why they were banned.

Oh, and the reason I am arguing is that do you think because it happens on the EUFC forum makes it right that it happens here?

Blanc was a mod on here and certainly deleted and altered posts.

Was, agreed. Posts here are still being deleted and altered tho

Why are you asking me about what other mods get up to? If people are banned, I am sure the questions they have asked have been deleted, so I cannot even begin to guess why they were banned.

I'm asking what your opinion of it is Pat, its not brain surgery I'm asking you about. I saw they locked a thread today too because they didn't like the subject matter today, not because it was abusive or anything like that. Kind of relevent really since it was discussing cutting costs so its not as if the poster was discussing something unrelated to EUFC.

Just asking you what you thought really, nothing onerous.

I saw they locked a thread today too because they didn't like the subject matter today, not because it was abusive or anything like that. Kind of relevent really since it was discussing cutting costs so its not as if the poster was discussing something unrelated to EUFC.

You didnt mention that till just now. Over-moderated boards are far too dull.

You don't like the EUFC board cos the mods are far to zealous in deleting and locking threads. I am sure that had this board not suffered a bout of post altering/deletion/constant spamming it would have been a decent alternative.

However, too many people suffered this - and thats why its just left to a few people now.

I saw they locked a thread today too because they didn't like the subject matter today, not because it was abusive or anything like that. Kind of relevent really since it was discussing cutting costs so its not as if the poster was discussing something unrelated to EUFC.

You didnt mention that till just now. Over-moderated boards are far too dull.

You don't like the EUFC board cos the mods are far to zealous in deleting and locking threads. I am sure that had this board not suffered a bout of post altering/deletion/constant spamming it would have been a decent alternative.

However, too many people suffered this - and thats why its just left to a few people now.

I will remember to preface everything from now on with "Can I have your opinion on...". Being a forum for expressing opinions I'd taken it for granted unfortunately.

No, I don't like the EUFC Forum, nothing wrong with the majority of their posters and you are right, overly moderated forums are very dull. Nothing wrong with a bit of spicy language now and then but deleting and altering posts because the posters don't agree with the moderators, locking threads because the subject matter is difficult is very controlling.

This forum is fine Pat, the people causing the problem have left and gone to (your) EUFC Forum, the only time you will get moderation on here is if you are abusive towards posters. Refreshing after what this place had become.

the only time you will get moderation on here is if you are abusive towards posters. Refreshing after what this place had become.

Cant agree with that - had posts deleted from this thread earlier. The level of abuse was the word troll. You got away with calling me 'childish' and accused me of spamming.

A case of different rules for some?

the only time you will get moderation on here is if you are abusive towards posters. Refreshing after what this place had become.

Cant agree with that - had posts deleted from this thread earlier. The level of abuse was the word troll. You got away with calling me 'childish' and accused me of spamming.

A case of different rules for some?

Well if childish damages you then good luck in the playground Pat. Can't comment about the rest though. I must have had an Arsene Wenger moment, but then, we only have your word for that Pat. Not that I wouldn't take it, but its a bit odd Pat, I wouldn't have thought I'd offended you Pat, wouldn't like to accuse you of trolling either, but I suppose everyone has a different interpretation. I guess it all depends on context.

Well if childish damages you then good luck in the playground Pat. Can't comment about the rest though. I must have had an Arsene Wenger moment, but then, we only have your word for that Pat. Not that I wouldn't take it, but its a bit odd Pat, I wouldn't have thought I'd offended you Pat, wouldn't like to accuse you of trolling either, but I suppose everyone has a different interpretation. I guess it all depends on context.

Far from offended. The INTERNET is not the place for those who are easily offended!

More upset by the fact you think its ok to say "No moderation" of posts unless abusive, then when I offer evidence of post deletion, you say its just my word. Isn't my word good enough?

Far from offended. The INTERNET is not the place for those who are easily offended!

More upset by the fact you think its ok to say "No moderation" of posts unless abusive, then when I offer evidence of post deletion, you say its just my word. Isn't my word good enough?

Well as I said, I can't comment can I? I didn't say that I did not believe you, but that is faith not evidence and you haven't offered any. Abusive can be about context too. Don't be abusive and you can talk about what you like. Can't say the same about the "Officious" Forum though can we?

Well as I said, I can't comment can I? I didn't say that I did not believe you, but that is faith not evidence and you haven't offered any. Abusive can be about context too. Don't be abusive and you can talk about what you like. Can't say the same about the "Officious" Forum though can we?

Great escape clause...
"So, Mr PatMan - you claim that your posts were deleted from the "revenue" thread on FF?"

"Yes, your honour"

"Hmm, likely story - can you prove this?"

"Well, no - seeing as the threads in question are now deleted."

"No evidence then?"

"No"

"Case dismissed"

Great escape clause...
"So, Mr PatMan - you claim that your posts were deleted from the "revenue" thread on FF?"

"Yes, your honour"

"Hmm, likely story - can you prove this?"

"Well, no - seeing as the threads in question are now deleted."

"No evidence then?"

"No"

"Case dismissed"

Thats about it, unless of course the person who deleted your post (I'm assuming that you don't mean thread but who knows) cares to comment.

Count yourself lucky Pat, if you were a MyFC member or on the EUFC Forum and had just posted that sort of claim on there (one I'd find only too easy to believe btw) you'd be banned by now. It happens. Fortunately you are on here where discussion but not abuse flows freely.

Claudius - can you stick to the thread title please, which is sensible ways to increase revenue...

Stating the blindingly obvious is easy regarding cost cutting, this thread is about ideas to increase the money coming in...

Right,point taken.
However..you yourself have now had TWO pages of unrelated stuff here.
Can YOU stick to the thread title?
Please...

grin

As a final word on the EUFC forum - they were very inventive - they even managed to make it look that you were posting when in fact, no-one else could see your words! A few of us suffered that fate at the beginning - I believe that was the work of the MyFC WT who set up the forum.