Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Daish questions Fleet future

Loose

Article from the BBC:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gravesend_and_northfleet/7959028.stm

Bit surprised because I haven't seen any comments or calls for him to go. Wonder where this is coming from because hes had 110% support from the fans (or so I thought).

Following Saturday, statements are being issued thick and fast...

"Following Saturday's result, the club wishes to release the following request to its many supporters on behalf of the CEO, Chairman, Vice Presidents, MyFootballClub Trust Board and the Fleet Trust Board.

As of June 1 2009, it's estimated the football club will have a positive bank balance of around

I suppose you do don't you. grin

Just spent three hours driving back to Norfolk from Sussex and I've been trying to see this from Liam Daishs point of view and I'm afraid I just can't at the moment. Hes deserved the fans loyalty and tbh its a bit tiresome that he chooses this way to communicate really. I know all managers do this, speak through the press but as a member of MyFC I just can't remember when hes ever chosen to speak to us directly regarding club management issues.

Maybe hes never felt it appropriate but I feel with this added hes not helping at the moment.

To be honest, from that 'interview' Mr Daish doesn't really say a lot! He made his views clear right from the start of the concept of MYFC. He'd not stay around for PTT.

Is there dissent from the home crowd of Ebbsfleet we don't get to hear on here?

Originally Posted By: Bitch
To be honest, from that 'interview' Mr Daish doesn't really say a lot! He made his views clear right from the start of the concept of MYFC. He'd not stay around for PTT.

Its hard not to try and interpret his words / reasons for saying what he says.

This is the way I read it,

"Do people want me here next year?" - What are you going to do to make me stay?

""There are a lot of questions to be answered. I'm sure all will be revealed but we'll see." - I don't think the people running the club know what they are doing.

"We've got no divine right to keep getting to trophy finals. You can't base a club around getting into a final." - The owners have hoped that the money earned from getting to a final will get them out of the [****!!****]. They can't.

the full radio kent interview is on the site, he was asked about the club finances and how that would affect next year, and if he would be around next year.

usual sensible answers ask the ceo, and chairman stuff, but also he said depends if people want me. same interview he said "that was a bit tongue incheek"

but he is aware his contract is up for renewal so fair comment. All on the back of losing a game one short of wemberley.

he didnt choose to speak to the press or the bbc but had a mic under his nose at the club , which he knows goes on the website.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
the full radio kent interview is on the site, he was asked about the club finances and how that would affect next year, and if he would be around next year.

usual sensible answers ask the ceo, and chairman stuff, but also he said depends if people want me. same interview he said "that was a bit tongue incheek"

but he is aware his contract is up for renewal so fair comment. All on the back of losing a game one short of wemberley.

he didnt choose to speak to the press or the bbc but had a mic under his nose at the club , which he knows goes on the website.

I agree that the press quote things out of context as a matter of course, still, no one forces Liam to do anything, certainly not allow his nose to remain over a mic unless it will serve a purpose, hes too savvy for that.

My point is with regard his communication on club management issues with the right people.

Of course hes got a right to talk to the press, hes got a right to let people know his contract is up at the end of the season.

But loyalty works both ways or its isn't loyalty.

Originally Posted By: Bitch
Originally Posted By: thespursfan
the full radio kent interview is on the site,

The Ebbsfleet Site has been down all night achso

The main Ebbsfleet site are changing servers, apparently. The EUFC (Official grin) forum is up.

Jeff, nothing to do with Wembley - everything to do with never allowing the members to PTT. We all know who stopped that in its tracks - it was NEVER going to happen with him around. And I am sure that Will Brooks thought "oh, we'll deal with that one in due course, it'll go away, we'll sort it out, main thing is to get this club signed and delivered up to the waiting members so that we don't lose momentum". Or I might of course be wrong about thatgrin

Originally Posted By: Darter
You have to say "well done" to David, he has put his money where his mouth is.

I might have been more impressed if

a) He had worked voluntarily from the start
B) He had produced a tangible result you could actually see

The reality as I see it is, that very shortly he would be made redundant anyway (probably by BK as he injects the necessary cash) and this way he appears a "hero".

Back on topic:

In any activity there are the core experts eg surgeons and nurses and then the support services eg cleaners, administrators.

The problem at Ebbs, is that LD is the core football expert, surrounded by non footballers. Further, he is the only one with a set that stood up to Brooks etc.

IMO he is the one who has put his money where his mouth is. It is a pity he didn't tell them before about relying on cup wins, and if he did it is a pity they didn't listen.

PTT although important to a large number of MYFCers isn't the only reason for unhappiness. The recent Friends of the Fleet initiative didn't get discussed with the members before publication. I doubt if it will work anyway. If barely 1000 locals will pay money regularly to watch a match, what chance 2500 paying extra for no gain. Now, if they sold shares there might just be some uptake.