Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Opposition to New Stadium Plans

Bitch

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/kent-news/Ebbs...aspx?news=sport

"There has been opposition from both Kent County Council and Gravesham Borough Council following a statement last week, which described the site as unsuitable for a football stadium.

Kent County Council went on to say that the plans would interfere with a proposed activity park earmarked for the site".

Activity Park ?

Probably high-class residential development !

Originally Posted By: DA1
Why do they have to leave Stonebridge Road? okay its a shithole but can't it be developed. Some of my earliest football memories come from there!

Probably it's to become another high-class residential development, DA1 !

bolt

Why do they have to leave Stonebridge Road? okay its a shithole but can't it be developed. Some of my earliest football memories come from there!

As far as i can make out. Ebbsfleet FC only have 17 years left on the lease. A huge company own it and can bide thier time. I'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong.

I actually like the ground. But, i don't think they'll want to waste money they've not got to upgrade it as they'll eventually have to leave.

Plans are afoot with another plot, but there is opposition from KCC etc.

Most would leave SR reluctantly. It IS a dump, but it could be redeveloped. Parking for 2000 is on the doorstep (provided we keep in with Eurostar/NCP carparks) good road, rail and bus links. 10 mins from Dartford crossing.

The only stuff needed urgently would be to demolish the wooden stand, replace it with a smart 2000 seater, and extend back the main road terrace. The Plough end and Swanscombe end would suffice for a while IMO.

The main reason for a new ground is to have another income stream source, and a ground that is not subject to renewable leases.

It will be developed...by Tesco. That is the plan when we move into our new stadium. Though why a club in the Ryman leagues needs a new stadium is beyond me! smile