Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ebbs CEO Resigns

Originally Posted By: Chopper TN
And we have a winner.... Les you hit the nail dead solid perfect with that comment. A lot of people got wise in February and voted with their feet.

Why didn't they use their hands, Chopper ?? shocked

Just my little light-hearted joke, Chopper.

The matter of Ebbs was discussed in the bar at Meadiowbank on Saturday afternoon between myself and a fellow poster and supporter.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Bad thing.
DD brought a lot of business acumen to the club, tightened things which were "slack" and was very approachable, as evidenced by his contributions on the official site.
I wonder whether JM can cover both jobs adequately?

It has been many days since the resignation and not a word. If you are reading this David, frankly I am disappointed. The members and fans deserve better. You stood up and took the salary fast enough. IMO it would be at least polite to advise those paying your salary and trusting you to bring their club through the hard times, why you walked off the job without a word.

DD was an early member of the myfc society and along with many others embraced the ideals set up by paddington.....as most will tell us he was a decent bloke....

trouble is that running football clubs is a tough old business and beats people up....its a thankless task and I guess that the brave new paddington world was never going to work once the key players jumped the society ship and played at being abromovich...that started early on when the WT camped out at SR and DD was sucked into it all as well.....IMO he did nowt for the club really and also betrayed his fellow society members once he had his feet under the desk at SR....

it was a poor decision by paddington to offer DD the job in the first place and a poor decision by DD to accept it....but thats what football clubs can do to you.....it all seems like a good idea at the time...!

the mystery of his resignation and sudden disappearance remains and his lack of any statement at all is poor to say the least.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
parantece? chapter is the word probably claudius.

can I just say ill health COULD be one reason, as it has been mentioned on mYfC.

It could be. It would still be possible to so state without giving details.

Whilst DD keeps quiet, speculation will occur.

Not that I suppose it would help but I'd like to hear his side of the story now that he seems to be getting the blame from directors and society board.

• 4 weeks later...

Not the only one it seems.

Roly Edwards has decided to step down as Club Football Secretary with immediate effect after 12 years with the Club. Roly feels the Club is moving on and believes now the time is right for him to step down.

In wishing Roly our best wishes for the future, we place on record our thanks for his loyal and dedicated services to the Club which will be echoed throughout the game and look forward to seeing him at matches in the future where he will always be welcomed.

Acting CEO John Moules said he has the greatest respect for Roly and he will be a great loss to the Club's administration. We will need to act quickly to replace a person of his calibre at this important time of the season.

JM.

Thing I don't understand is, are they resigning because it is a totally hopeless situation beyond their abilities to fix, or is it more a personality clash? If so who with, there is almost nobody left.