Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Player retained list

michael

Shame if Young goes. In a minority, but I don't think Peters is worth his shirt, based on 90 minutes. Mullin to go, or maybe no. 2 keeper behind a bit of experience. Stubbs, Wilson, Pratt, Healy (Unless they are on 'the list', ronks!!) must stay, possibly Quain. Really wanted it to work out for Bailey, but don't think it did overall. Maybe if he's a stayer it might work out next year in a settled side over the season...

I hope it isnt a smaller budget, we will definitely play in the Ryman Premier next season. Hope TY is dangling that carrot before players go elsewhere. Need Youngy to stay imo.

We dont want to go down the route of poorer quality like Ramsgate did this year.

One thing I will say at lack of players at training is to mention Roberto Corbishley who is usually there but was in bed wit tonsollitis on the Thursday and Friday. Also, I believe, Peters does some of his training up near him due to the distance he would have to come.

Even if he was on a drastically reduced pay Mike??? I believe his skill is needed and that is what we appeared to lack on Saturday IMO.

One name not really mentioned seriously in this thread is Louis Smith, who's injury and enforced absence cost us dearly (though it did give Luke Wheatley the opportunity to show he can play at this level).

Louis had a good start to the season, and didn't seem to be overawed with the responsibility of being skipper.

He'd be one of the first signatures I'd want for next season's squad.

Originally Posted By: michaelmichael
........ I think we badly missed Roberto and Gregorys' 'experience' on Saturday

After seeing Gregory's performance at Heybridge, where he aggresively took on an attacking role (scoring once and nearly getting a second) after the team had shown a spineless first half performance, I was surprised that he never re-appeared in the team for the Ramsgate, Sutton & Staines matches. Perhaps he's just not the type of player that TY wants in the squad.
As for Roberto, he was out of the squad for various reasons for a lot of the Season, so perhaps Match fitness was a problem.

Depends which division we're in. The attendances and away support in Ryman League South are significantly less than RPL. So gate receipts will be down, probably by between 5 and 10% at a minimum I'd guess.

From memory I think we also need a new main sponsorship deal for next season which in the current economic climate is going to make for some challenging negotiations.

Basically, the higher the league, the better the support, more media exposure and broader geographic exposure so the more attractive it is for sponsors and supporters. So, I'd say the division we end up in will be critical to the budget for next season.