Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Player retained list

michael

So if you are not Veaney you must be Andy G or Melvin, as they were the names on the original post by yourself "Margate Boys in Mallorca" or something like that.

I just hope you are not the Melvin who is on the MISA committee!!

grin

I prefer the one I have thanks wink

Actually a bit of a white lie, I dont make it the tea hut does, I just take them over smile

Originally Posted By: The Realistic Blue
For your information im not this Veaney person ive been watching the club for 35 years thank u and also have joined the forum recently as now have internet access at last.

Now RB do not take this the wrong way but can you answer the following question.

If you have now just got internet access how did you first register on 22/07/2004.

coolsmoke

Originally Posted By: BlueGate Alan
So if you are not Veaney you must be Andy G or Melvin, as they were the names on the original post by yourself "Margate Boys in Mallorca" or something like that.

I just hope you are not the Melvin who is on the MISA committee!!

Well I can confirm that it is not Melvin because unlike RB he was at Staines watching the team.

Its ok Jim, I know who he is now, actually a true Margate fan, just fed up with whole situation.

Just hang in there Andy and I am sure the team will do us proud again soon. Sorry I mistook you for Veaney by the way.

Anyways back to the original thread, I believe we may see some unexpected players coming in, especially if we do stay up.

Originally Posted By: BlueGate Alan
Anyways back to the original thread, I believe we may see some unexpected players coming in, especially if we do stay up.

Of a decent quality BGA? No "if" about staying up, though I understand cautious approach (but management musnt take that approach!)

Hey Realistic........I dont think anyone is doubting your right to air your views. Particularly as you seem to be one of the 'loyal' fans. Yes last season must have been a shock in the way it eneded up and sad to see the club in its present predicament. All I am saying is that despite the pain( I find copious amounts of alcahol helps!!) there might be some light at the end of the tunnell for next season. As for the state of the club, well, thats something you guys know more about than me so I have no position of strength on that one. I only feel that such a well followed and supported club, and team, deserves as many 'chances' and as much 'good luck' in what ever form that takes. To stay up by fair means or foul means that next season you will all be enjoying the better standard of football especially if TY and NS can do their job and get a more appropriate set of quality players.

Thats a good point Ronks i do agree im just so fed up with our dimise as a club i just want answers suppose im angry and bitter that where we are now, its been a catalog of errors of which we the supporters suffer most. If your happy with the situation the way it is good luck to you but i know im not and there are a lot of other fans arnt either. Maybe i was a bit harsh about saying theres nothing to be positive about Margate Fc, but on the results side and standing as a club finacually its been a disaster. What supporters have had their ground knocked down with no new ground played at three different ground for home games and been relegated 3 times in 5 or 6 years. I know there are loads of people who work really hard around the club doing great stuff but all i hope it isnt in vain, all im saying is we deserve better whats wrong with that because with out us we wouldnt have a club!!

Just stick in there please Andy, the club needs as much help from us fans as possible IMO. I am certain blue skys are around the corner for us.

Originally Posted By: The Realistic Blue
Well maybe your happy with the way the clubs going Alan or dont want to admit to it. At least im honest with my opinions and views and dont kid myself. Last season was one of the worst ive seen in 35 years of watching them.

Having watched Margate since the early 60s I dont think last years was the worst I have seen.
That must go to 1981/82 when we finished bottom of the Southern League and saved only because of the League expansion the following year otherwise we were in the Kent League then.
The reason then and the reason now was the same......money or lack of it.
You had a hard working board, hard working supporters club but without large funding you are f##ked. We let our contract players go the season before due to lack of cash and relied in youth and Sunday League players. Week in and week out we got hammered winning only 5 games and drawing 7 others. The supporters then did not bury their heads in the sand but got behind the team and the board and gave them as much backing as possible. We could not put our hands in our pockets to change things but we did what we could when we could.
We did not say we deserve to be at the top of the Southern league or be in the newly formed Alliance League as long as our players played with passion in the blue shirt and we supported them with the same passion. At the time we understood the situation and were realistic about things.

Just look at Margate's history. Yes we were good in the 30s the 50s, some of 60s, early 70s, late 90s but thoughout the last 80 years we have had some dire seasons. Yes we would like to be in the Conference but we have no God given right to be there.

You support your team to the best of your ability wherever they play

All of us are disappointed no doubt, but as stated previously no club has a devine right to succeed, remember Aldershot they left the football league and began again in I think it was the third division of the Isthmian League and look at them now.

Look at Leeds, Southampton, Oxford United and many others, I am sure their supporters were cheesed off as well, commom denominator is the support we give to OUR club, we do have the support, our own ground (well TDC) and what appears to me to be Manager and Assistant wanting success, all we need is a budget, decent players, and a will to win.

I think what has always hampered Margate has been a lack of long term thinking.

And i think in someways there has been some progress now with the re-introduction of reserves and youth teams.

Being on the edge of the county and country! Getting enough good players locally has always been a problem. And i think the club needs to develop good local players to really progress and stabilise but it takes time,effort and patience.

And most people want instant results. I really think a long term realistic strategy is needed both for the team and the ground.

We sure can Andy and yes Ray I believe what you say is correct and I do feel the club are going the right way re the team, even if it does mean a bit of pain at times.

Im looking at the clowns mate hoping for some blue sky, must admit it was fun watching Thanet Utd we all knew we were bad but that made it sureal bit of a sadist really. I just wish the club was more organised and stable, and as for the council is love to vote them all out and have a independent council having NO political biases at and work for the whole of the PEOPLE of Thanet not people comming into the area, god im digressing again lol