Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor 0 Didcot 2

Giant Reed

I'm sure the FA will take it further and to be honest I do think they should. We all like to have a bit of banter but this sort of thing stops people wanting to come and see this level of football (at which to be fair the clubs need the money big or small budget).

I don't know what sort of penalty they would impose though other than a fine.

Who knows Didcot may get to go up without another game if the FA decide to throw the book at them. After all winchester got deducted 3 points for a far less serious offence.

So Didcot.. If that happens fancy a friendly on Saturday? As we seem to have a space in our fixtures suddenly! smile

Thing is Mrs Cat, at the play-off games there will have probably of been, like at ours, a member of the league comittee at the game.

And judging by the pictures and what I have been told, the ref was right on top of it all.

I wonder, whichever side wins on saturday, will like the traveling? It's more traveling than the conference south where clubs with alot bigger budgets complain!!

It's not all doom and gloom if we can keep most of the sqaud together we'll have a excellent chance next season. I think we have to learn from this as a club.

As for the Slough fans i dont think they were meaning to wind us up. They just think we actually want to be playing them! ( We don't! We're sick of the bloody site of the same teams again and again but espeically arrogant ones!!...and bracknell!) After all dont you know they are an ex-conference club!!!

Woody WEFC: we definitely dont think that we want to be playing you. What we do think is its nice to watch a game where there is a

bit of a decent crowd/atmosphere, be it Windsor or anyone else.

So surely its good for WEFC financially to play Slough or any other

team that brings a few fans. Or would you rather watch Windsor

v AFC Hayes, Bishops Cleeve, or take your pick from the other

non-supported teams in this league?

At risk of turning this in to another Windsor vs Slough thread .. and I'm sure I'll get shouted down for this but I really like the Slough Derby day. It always has a good atmosphere almost like a cup final and the form book goes out the window!

Its often my favourite fixture of the year.

I can't say that I particularly enjoyed the away game against Slough this season.(or should that be last season?)

Slough certainly have their fair share of "roughnecks", and general "bad eggs".

Hud Hastings was barracked mercilessly as he made his way towards the clubhouse,for no reason that I could see other than

that he looks like a "twonk".(a non-specific form of abuse,which has no literal meaning.)

"twonk" lol Haven't heard that in years!

Yeah I know what you mean but lets face it if Slough were having the season we've had/we're having and we had just ended thier undefeated run, we would have been equally insufferable. Perhaps not so much barracking but at the end of the day if you give it out (and we do) you've got to take it back!

Thats what I love about derby day.

Going back to the game, horrible way to go out. Must be gutting and do feel sorry for Windsor.

I think half your problem was that your season kind of ended after the Truro defeat.

From that stage you knew you would not win the league, but you knew that you were in the play-off's comfortably, so the foot comes off the gas and you had no momentum going into the play-offs.

Diddy on the other hand had the momentum. Thatcham took them to the wire which meant they were in more of a competive frame of mind coming into this game (if that makes sense!)

Anyhow, i'm hopeful we'll have a decent side next season (mind you we said that last season!) so hopefully we'll have a couple of cracking derbies next season.

Your probably right there Chris. Up until the Truro game we still believed we could win the league, after that game there was a somewhat deflated feeling that our big chance had gone, it was unfortunate that our next game was against Beaconsfield (0-0) which allowed Truro to gain a almost unassailable lead over us.

As for the Slough games, I quite enjoy them (especially the 6-2 game) and I'm sure the players enjoy playing in them too. Hopefully at least one of games will be on a Tuesday night as I've always thought over the years that the derby games have a bit more edge when played under floodlights, it brings back memories of Dave Regis rising like a salmon to send us leapfrogging over Slough to the top of the league way back in the late 80's.

Oh Woody please! For someone who isnt the brightest you do come out with some little gems. Anyway, enjoy your summer. Maybe you have some time to go to Windsor library and read up on your knowledge of local football, so that you can make some intelligent comments next season. Or maybe speak to Mrs Cat or Fuzzy Royal or Joel, they

seem to have more of a grasp of the game than you.

Someone I know has a friend who is a friend of the ref of the Totton game and he says that, contrary to reports at the time, one of the managers was actually arrested in the aftermath of the brawl.

FOAF stories are notoriously unreliable of course, but thought I'd pass it on anyway.

WR- Where exactly was i wrong? The atmosphere is better than all the other games but it's hardly going to keep the people down the road awake!!!

I'd much rather be fighting it out with Maidenhead than Slough at the moment!

My fave Jarvo moment was when he was playing for us and someone at hampton in the bar said something about his wife...never seen a bar empty quicker!! laugh

Well humpty and I asked scotty about it directly and the rumours that he'd been approached by a conference club and he said he has no plans to move at the moment and had not been approached by any club he'd rather be at than Windsor.

I do personally think its probably best to leave speculation off the forum as a general rule. What will be will be and only Kieth and the board know the future plans.

But whatever I think we shouldn't worry about next season and be celebrating the great one we have just had! not to mention potentially getting silverware on monday!

As Mrs S said to me when I walked in the house at half past midnight following my drive home. "it's just a game, there's always next season"...and do you know what. On reflection that's the attitude.

What's done is done.

Anyone wishing to visit Mrs S can find her on Hinton Ward at Cambridge Royal Infirmary, following her "fall" one a.m on Wednesday.