Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Close Season Rumour Thread

BREAKING NEWS

The 2008-2009 Season has been Cancelled. Due to the fact that Reading Town never played their last game of the season 2007-2008 against Merstham and as that season has not yet finished the next one cant start. So as soon as that match can be arranged and played we can kick off with 2008-2009. Source Sky Sports News

Just heard a very interesting rumour regarding Dorking Wanderers, but modesty prohibits me........

Originally Posted By: duncs
I think that is pure speculation JR unless you have someone in the know at soho,nobody knows what is happening yet there are to many teams in the equation, to say that one(Dorking)is being promoted is wrong and I would wait and see rather than bielieving speculation

Duncs, if Dorking have the correct ground grading and finished in a promotion spot why would we not be promoted? confused

sorry JR I thought you were suggesting that Dorking were being promoted and yes weeble Merstham are looking for a new manager Sully has taken over at Leatherhead (If my contact is right)so good luck to him.

I was earwigging yesterday and i thought he said he was waiting to hear.......

so what is happening to Bracknell town then JR,nobody knows which league they will be in next year and yet you've been told Dorking have been promoted,I think if it carries on like this we will end up with too many teams in the CCL Premier.SL when are you taking over at Frimley Green looks like (from the outside)the new management team didn't set the world on fire.

sorry TRS all i'm saying is what if that spot doesn't exist,don't jump the gun untill it's definite and good onya if you do get promoted

I think they changed the rules since you were involved Duncs - the 3rd placed spot is guaranteed promotion provided ground is fit for purpose:

ii) The Competition will accept the champion club, the runners-up and the third place club from Division One into the Premier Division, providing that they meet the standard grading requirements for entry to the Premier Division of the Competition

Oh well TRS.............. it looks as if Duncs is correct, DFC will have to go back to court - AGAIN !!!

WTF are you on about Green fingers changed the rules since I was involved I am fecking well involved,are you all deliberately being thick today,let me spell it out with so many teams still awaiting thier fate there might not be a promotion spot.

I meant involved at the lower levels Duncs smile

When I was "involved" the 3rd placed team was only considered if either of the top 2 couldn't be promoted, now the rules guarantee the 3rd placed team promotion if the ground-grading criteria are met (hence Hartley Wintney went up last season).

My understanding is that "external" teams can only fill available slots - and since only 2 teams are able to go up there is a slot if they choose to relegate Guildford.

By the way, well done for the Cup win yesterday

cheers GF are you still going to Baggy lee next year? we have to wait and see who gets promoted/relegated I don't think it is straight forward this year.just give it acouple of weaks and we will all be enlightened.

Love the way you pulled the thread back to rumours Duncs wink In my position I have to go with the flow - it would be nice to watch the game on a decent pitch though after 5 seasons of FG / Cove (old pitch!)