Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting Speculation

Doris Wanderer

another has had a rework based on assumptions, second & educated guesses, and come up with two possible league/division line ups for next season;

BGBSW1

Abingdon United

AFC Totton

Andover

Beaconsfield SYCOB

Bedfont Green

Bridgwater Town

Burnham

Cinderford Town

Cirencester Town

Frome Town

Gosport Borough

Hungerford Town

Mangotsfield United

Marlow

North Leigh

Paulton Rovers

Slough Town

Taunton Town

Thatcham Town

VT FC

Windsor & Eton

Yate Town

or

AFC Sudbury

Arlesey Town

Aylesbury United

Barton Rovers

Beaconsfield SYCOB

Bedfont Green

Biggleswade Town

Burnham

Bury Town

Chesham United

Cheshunt

Harlow Town

Hitchin Town

Leighton Town

Lowestoft Town

Marlow

Potters Bar Town

Rothwell Town

Slough Town

Soham Town Rangers

Ware

Windsor & Eton

From memory I think the FA meet on Monday next week to decide who's good enough to be promoted to our level and how those clubs are distributed.

I don't think the Midlands proposition as shown above is too bad, 14 clubs within one hours' travelling is alright! A weekend in Gt Yarmouth for the Lowestoft game would no doubt be arranged by some and the others are no different to the Bridgwaters, Tauntons and Paultons of last season in terms of journey times.

Having said that I think I would still prefer the SW option but we'll know when we know so there's no point speculating really.

Mind you we could always get switched back to Ryman and spend 3 hours travelling 50 miles every week around the M25 !!!

You make a very sad point Matt, someone who genuinely loves what he does and does it not for any personal gain but because they want to, but offers a great service to many often gets taken for granted even when we don't mean to and rarely get rewarded.

Maybe a trophy of some kind could have his name attached to it or a charity match in his honour. Wouldn't take much from the players involved.

I have to say i am not convinced the quality at this level is very good in any of the leagues, had we continued to play how we did for the first five or six months of the season we would have either won the league or at least he play offs. Any level of consistency will win this league, Totton will no doubt feel the same and Truro proved the point. Didcot proved form is everything.

I agree with Geggy, anything that results in fewer M25 and London games the better.

Either way i guess we are going to be making long journeys and seeing some new grounds.....

• 2 weeks later...

I see Tony has updated his projections for next season. At the moment he has Slough & Beaconsfield in the Midlands Division. I hope this is wrong (although he's usually bang on the money) as it would be a great shame to miss out on the real derby games against Slough.

Anyway here is the list

http://www.tonykempster.co.uk/maps09-10.htm

Abingdon United

AFC Totton

Andover

Bedfont Green

Bishops Cleeve

Bracknell Town

Bridgwater Town

Burnham

Cinderford Town

Cirencester Town

Frome Town

Gosport Borough

Hungerford Town

Mangotsfield United

North Leigh

Paulton Rovers

Taunton Town

Thatcham Town

Uxbridge

VT FC

Windsor & Eton

Yate Town

Bracknell look like staying up again then!? Will they ever go down!? What do they have on the FA!?

I'd quite like to be in the Midlands if only for a few new grounds and away days!

GP, I can't see how they know yet. The FA Committee has only just met and then normally the three leagues meet to argue over what has been initially decided, unless the process has changed. The fact that no other club, other than Romford, has been able to say what division they will be in at this level then I can't see how this is public knowledge. Unless Lowerstoft and Romford have someone on the inside. There is also no information on either the Ryman or Southern League website as yet.

Hi Mal - The FA have advised the promoted clubs that the Step 4 leagues would inform them on Monday (18th) with the full constitution to be released on 26th. Ryman have advised their new North and South promoted clubs (despite Horsham YMCA finishing 3rd) but we have heard nothing from the Southern League yet.

• 4 weeks later...