Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-Season

Woody SUFC

I see on the main page our next match is vs Wycombe. Good news and lets hope they bring as many as QPR did! The Pitch is now good enough to host leauge sides and lets hope this becomes a yearly feature...after all the QPR came was easily our biggest crowd i would of thought!

I agree with your idea too Hovis.

I still think my idea of playing Reading and calling it the "Battle Royal" would be kinda cool smile

Hovis, we used to play an annual friendly against the Army representatative side but when we got relegated from Ryman Premier that came to a halt as they need decent opposition to get ready for the tournaments they play against other countries' Army teams.

You cannot play against regimental teams as they're not officially affiliated to the Football Association which would immediately negate our insurance policies at the club [politics but very expensive ones if anything were to go wrong!].

That's not to say we haven't got other irons in the fire though as I suggested something to the board towards the end of last season which, hopefully, will come to fruition and will, again hopefully, let not only the soldiers and their families based in Windsor but also the vast majority of people in Windsor know who and where we are - all I can say is watch this space for news!

Originally Posted By: Giant Reed
Can we have a friendly at the seaside?

I wanna go to the seaside!

Do Brighton have a football team?

Or southend?

Canvey Island ?

Ayr ?

What about Morgaro Gomis bringing the giants of the SPL (Dundee Utd) down to the Stag, or possibly even Senegal. But Bermuda would definitely top my list, will the newly set up supporters club charter a jet for the fans, i mean we did run a mini bus to Truro, how much more expensive can it possibly be?!?!?

Failing that we could hire a minibus again tie a few oil drums to it for boyancy ... might get a bit choppy over the north atlantic but should level out once we hit the coast the other side.

lets just make sure we get one that not restricted to 62 this time or it could take a while smile