Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-Season

Woody SUFC

We all loved the funbus it was, well.....fun

The cup final was fun as we got behind the team. no stupid swearing, no negativity just good honest supporting

Can we take this into next seasom, I for one hope so. I am no angel but if we can just support the team next season how good would that be.

How about a no swearing embargo and a swear jar, come on guys lets nake this a family club and get the club up and running!!!

I just think it is time for some of us (and I am no angel, but not the worst, I hope!!) to take a look at the affect it can have on the club and the club's image. you can do that a premier grounf where there are 30-40 thousand, but not when everyone can clearly hear what you are saying. You will always gett the initial outburt at a poor (in our opinion!!) decision, but when it goes on and on it becomes painful. Time for some to evolve.........

I have to say I agree with Fuzzy as most of you who who know me know that I'm not one to shout abuse and swear. That said I understand why people do as it is about passion.

But fuzzy is right everything you do at Windsor is amplified by the fact there aren't many people there. The Irony is every single person at the ground (behind the goal, punto stand wherever) is friendly and approachable and would sit and have a chat to any fan about the game or footy. But i think sometimes that isn't the image they give off.

If something annoys you by all means rant about it.. but when its over its over. Yes the language can be a bit too colourful at times. But I tend to agree that when it goes on and on thats way excessive.

We are all passionate about out club thats why this happens but at the end of the day if we want to get more people through the gates (which I hope we all do) then we need to come across a bit more as the friendly club we are. Sing Shout get behind the team as atmosphere is good for us good for the players and good for the game. But I have to say lets try to curb the abuse.

That's the trouble with football, we all say things in the heat of the moment which when looked back upon on reflection you think to yourself "did I really need to shout that". The trouble is some people seem to scream obscenities the whole game.

However I agree with Woody though, the worst offenders don't post on this forum. Most people on here seem to be Punto Standers which is a much more laid back atmosphere!

I have to say there are times when I do wonder what other people are seeing, sometimes people need to put things into perspective. Some of the abuse dished out to the officials is bad enough but the constant swearing at opposition players especially when they are down injured is unnecessary and probably counter productive as it probably makes them even more determined to beat us.

There must be something about standing behind the goal as at away games I have heard some of these Punto Angels use language of the colour blue ;-) . But you are right that we need to do something, and maybe we can use the supporters club as a forum to get this snubbed out. By making everyone realise it is harming the club maybe we can get even the hardcore swearers to cut it out. The fewer who do it the more those that are swearing will feel uncomfortable and realise nobody wants it. Also the number of children we have coming down now we want to encourage them back, if there is the constant threat of abusive and threatening language then who will bring their kids back.

All these good intentions will last right up until the first game of the season, and the first rubbish decision that goes against us.

There are only two things that would bring about a lasting change in the behaviour of supporters;

1- Ban the sale and consumption of alcohol anywhere in England every Saturday throughout the football season.

2-A basic aptitude test for match officials-to ensure they know their fecking @rses from their fecking elbows before they are put in charge of a flag or whistle!

Giant Reed you may be right, but we should at least try. If we are trying to move the club forward we need to all push in the same direction.

You'll never cut it out completely, but at least we could stop the OTT stuff that is just painful to listen to. Hopefully we'll have a few big friendlies and we can attract a few extra fans, even for the first few games, and we'll want them to come again. just a thought, that's all........

The intention is an honourable one, and I endorse it wholeheartedly. I just think that it is an unrealistic concept.

The most placid and reserved of people are often reduced to episodes of vein bursting apoplexy, when confronted by a perceived injustice meted out by an obviously biased ref. They literally take leave of their senses

We can all talk about the need to remain reasonable,from the comfort of our armchairs.

It's a bit different on a Saturday, when the bullets are flying!

Maybe the answer is for the fans to police themselves. If the fella standing next to you starts to get out of hand then simply turn around and whack him one.

I like your ideas, they would fit nicely into the ministry for corrections. I think we all agree it isn't the outbursts, but the continuation of such outbursts when the moment has passed.

The idea is that people who do it the most agree not to, and by doing so will accept being told when they get out of hand. I don't want to remove the passion, singing, shouting, just make it a bit more positive. It may be coincidence, but when the fans got behind the team they played a lot better, or was it vice versa?!?!?!?!?

I have to say I agree with Fuzzy! I do also think we can change the behaviour by making it antisocial.. but maybe I'm a dreamer LOL laugh

Also Fuzzy get yourself an avatar ... how about that shot of you I took shouting like a hooligan!?!?! lol

BTW in answer to your question.. never actually met her wink